1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga - 2019/20

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by zippy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
  2. zippy

Supports:
    RIP Norbert Eder :dumbstruck

One of my all time favourite players, saw him many times for Bayern in the 80's, a great defender and a 1986 world cup finalist.

3. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Wenger would do superbly with you I think.

4. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Played 10 years for Nürnberg and 4 years for Bayern. Made his debut in the German team 1986 under Franz Beckenbauer, where he played 9-times (including all 7 matches at the World Cup 1986).

The news says "nach langer schwerer Krankheit" (after a long illness). Cancer?

Ruhe in Frieden, Norbert Eder.

Matchday 11 is "overshadowed" by the duel #4 Bayern vs #2 Dortmund. But some other noteable duels as well like #5 Freiburg vs #7 Frankfurt or #8 Wolfsburg vs #10 Leverkusen

In Buli2 HSV has to play at northern neighbour Holstein Kiel. Last season we lost both matches. We can't give away points anymore (like the 1-1 in stoppage time last weekend at Wiesbaden). Bielefeld is already even on points.

Bayern wanted him before....when he was coach at Monaco :D. He said that he makes a decision in the next days. He's what? 70? Jesus, why's he still doing it? Should enjoy the retirement instead of coaching in this mess that is Bayern Munich :laugh: When they don't win for 2 games the whole drama begins again. :hmmm on the other side they were good with grandpa coaches....

StillHurts31 likes this.
  5. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    It's clear he absolutely loves what he did, I imagine it's really difficult to go from 100% to 0 in such an intense industry.

Dirk likes this.
  6. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Yes, I heard an interview with him where he told that he misses it to be involved but it won't happen with Bayern because they just said that it won't be Arsene Wenger.

btw: for the saturday Bayern vs Dortmund match:
    Dortmund's last 4 matches in Munich were disastrous: 0-5, 0-6, 1-4, 1-5. Reminds me a bit of the HSV away matches at Munich :laugh:

StillHurts31 likes this.
  7. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hoping Dortmund demolish them tbh.

Dirk likes this.
  8. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    me, too. Hope dies last.

btw: Jürgen Klinsmann back in the Bundesliga.:fail: I was very surprised to hear that he's now in the "Aufsichtsrat" (Board of directors?) of Hertha BSC.
    A Swabian in Berlin, sounds like a bad soap opera.

Actually he's also a "tv expert" for Private TV RTL where he "analyses" the German team before matches. Horrifying to hear him babbling with his dialect. Maybe he'll adapt now the "Berlin dialect", would be a huge improvement.

#228 Dirk, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  9. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Seems a strange move for him but c'est la vie! It sounds like our loanee at Hertha, Marko Grujic, has been getting on extremely well. Is that just bias from those I read reporting on him (naturally Liverpool fans) or is there a general consensus over there he's doing a good job?

10. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Grujic is doing a good job at Berlin, no doubt about it. Sometimes a bit too lazy but overall a definite improvement for Hertha.
    Actually they're planning something in Berlin to get Berlin on the map of contenders. Will be a long way though.
    I think Germany is the only big country in Europe where the Capital football teams don't play a major role in the top tier of the league. Hertha BSC won 2 German Championships, nearly 90 years ago (in 1930 and 31) and that's it. In the Bundesliga era , tough, they were seldom a factor, it's embarrassing. Their best result was 2nd in 1975.

StillHurts31 likes this.
  11. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    A little crazy when you think about it, do you think this was in part due to the East/West split?

Dirk likes this.
  12. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Good question!
    Could be a factor. Hertha was better when Berlin was still split (see their best result in 1975) :D

edit: And they were even UEFA Cup semi- finalist in 1979 and 2-times in the Final of the DFB Pokal, 1977 and 1979.

13. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I guess like many clubs and leagues fortunes changed dramatically as the money increased in the game.

14. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Pavard really lacks the concentration to play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe (#5 imo) week in week out. If he's focused he's ok but he'll never have the discipline to do that all the time. Hernandez is ok I suppose but good enough for Bayern? I have my doubts...

A lof of Alsace-born people speak terrible German, mein Herr. You'd be surprised.

Just to throw my 2 pence worth on the Wenger to Bayern bollocks even now that it's been dismissed by the club, I think he would have been terrible. Wenger has always had the luxury of time to get results. Boards were always very patient with him. Hoeness & Rummenige don't strike me as that (otherwise Kovac would still be the manager) and a couple of seasons without serious CL progress would have seen him out.
    I doubt he'll get other jobs given his age anyway and I hope he stays clear of a hotseat. Would dampen his reputation as a successful manager.

Not really. Before the Qatari money, we were rubbish while Roma clubs have always been lightyears behind the two Milans and Juve in Italy in terms of support and silverware.
    Hertha BSC is probably not even in the top 10 of the biggest clubs in Germany. That's how small-time they are.

15. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    As I said, No Berlin club won a German Championship for nearly 90 years. And Hertha BSC played only 36 of 55 seasons in the Bundesliga, the rest they were 2nd tier. No other big country in Europe has such miserable capital city clubs.

PSG won at least 2 Championships before the "Sheiks" were involved, in the 80's and 90's plus several french cups. Lazio Rome won the Serie A 2 times (70's and 00) and 7 times the Cup and AS Rome also 2-times (plus one in the 1940's) and I read that they were really 12-times 2nd in Serie A. So that's a confirmation of what I said above.

They're actually ranked 8th in crowd average in the Bundesliga 1 with 42.000 per match (and will go down to 10 next season when HSV and Stuttgart will be up again.)

btw: Köln lost again. 1-2 against Hoffenheim due to a penalty in the 98th (!) minute :eeek Hoffenheim jumps now to 2nd (for a day)

In Buli 2 St.Pauli drew again. 1-1 against Bochum. Dresden won the bottom club duel with Wiesbaden 1-0

#235 Dirk, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  16. zippy

Supports:
    Lewaaaa !!

17. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Dortmund shit again in Munich.Bayern 4-0 in front. Hummels just with an own goal. Forgot that he's now playing for Dortmund?

Same procedure as every year :laugh:

18. zippy

Supports:
    Dortmund being absolutely battered

19. zippy

Supports:
    Lewandowski breaks Gerd Müller's 50 year old !!? goal scoring record.

20. Eaman

Eaman Registered User

Supports:
    FC Barcelona
    Has the offside rule changed or is just a German thing because why were they checking if Lewandowski was offside for the second goal? He wasn't receiving the ball so he's entitled to be ahead of the defenders. Other than that Dortmund really dint play like a team challenging for the title when they go to the Allianz. Bayern's absolutely dominated them