1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga - 2019/20

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by zippy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Normally the DFL "rules" say that "thou shall not spit" :D.

They were. The football fields in the Bundesliga matches are the safest places in the whole republic so to say. Until Friday last week there were 3 testing series for every player in every club, then the team had to go for 1 week into isolation/quarantine (and I bet they were tested there again)

btw: Augsburg's new coach Heiko Herrlich couldn't be on the bench for his first match against Wolfsburg (1-2 loss) because he (undeliberately) violated the isolation. He said he had no toothpaste and went shopping to buy a tube :laugh:

exactly. Nübel made himself a clown in the Köln match (Schalke lost 3-0 and Nübel had several big mistakes) and was then replaced by Schubert who himself looked very bad before in some matches. Both are what we call in German a "Fliegenfänger" (flycatcher?). If Manuel Neuer really wants to play until he's 39 then Nübel will have a broad arse from sitting on the substitute bench all the time.

2. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Saw a few highlights from the Dortmund game and have to say that they looked pretty good. There was certainly no pre-season look to the way they were spraying the ball around - some decent finishing along the way as well

3. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    So Hamburg conceded a stoppage-time equaliser at Fürth...

Decent game between Köln and Mainz. 2-2 currently, the visitors pegging the game level after being 0-2 down. They look the better team too. Defensively, they're rubbish but have more about them upfront than Köln.

Union vs Bayern up later.

4. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Not only HSV but #1 Bielefeld (1-1) , too. And #2 Stuttgart even got the 1-2 (penalty) in stoppage time. Haven't seen it before that all Top3 teams lost points at once in stoppage time.
    At least we regained now #2 on Goal Difference.

Next matchday : #2 HSV vs #1 Bielefeld.

Actually is Union Berlin vs Bayern. Just an annulled goal by Müller (offside). Hopefully this will end in a draw or Bayern loss. But I highly doubt it!

edit: Penalty, Lewandowski 0-1 . yes, was to be expected.

#464 Dirk, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Crap second half so far.

6. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    :laugh: Think I may have to start using that one.

Good game earlier. BT commentators were underselling Mainz all the way through. Wasn't the most surprising of comebacks.

7. Casanova85

Casanova85 Registered User

Supports:
    FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Brazil NT
    It's gonna be hilarious if Bayern wins this Bundesliga (yet another one) even with the early-season poor form + manager sacked drama and the Covid situation.

8. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    What "manager sacked drama"? There was no drama, Kovacs was sacked yeah because there was a short crisis and problems with the players and the club leaders reacted.
    Happens.... but the interims solution with assistant coach Hansi Flick (btw former assistant coach of Jogi Löw for Germany for 8 years, also at the World Cup 2014 ) was the best that could happen for Bayern as they soon realised and they already extended his contract and he's no interims coach anymore.

From the moment he was in charge there was a totally different approach of the team, not only in the Bundesliga, but also in the Champions League.
    Before the break of the season they were really in good form for months, beating Chelsea on their own pitch 3-0 in the 1st leg of the 1/8 finals of the CL (ok, they also won against Spurs 7-2 in London in the CL group stages, even under Coach Kovacs).

So it wouldn't be "hilarious" when they would win the Bundesliga again at the end because they were without a doubt the best team in the last 3 months before the break (yesterday wasn't a masterpiece what they played but enough to beat the newcomers from Union Berlin).

Anyway, back to the actual matchday: Today is the last match of the 26th matchday:
    #17 Werder Bremen vs #5 Bayer Leverkusen

Werder lost the last 6 league home matches in a row before the break.
    I hope they'll extend this home streak :D

edit: Actually 1-2 at half-time . Looks good for another home loss so far.

Ended 1-4. Good to see that Werder is still shite at home, with or without crowd.

#468 Dirk, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Royal Blue MaLDini likes this.
  9. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Neuer extends Bayern contract.

10. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Not much going on in the Berlin Derby so far..

Hertha slightly the better side

11. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    Yes... pondering on whether to bother with the second half.

12. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Great 2 mins by hertha!

13. Hawkman

Hawkman Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Never really followed Bundesliga, not avidly until last weekend, but enjoyed those games. Tonight was a bit dour until Hertha broke free, and then it was all over. But it's football ! I've missed it and let's hope the Premier can follow suit with a restart that is as well organised as the Bundesliga seems to be.

14. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I just really struggle to watch games that are being held behind closed doors. Without the crowd it’s just not the same and I’d go as far to say I actually find it quite boring

15. zippy

Supports:
    Nobody is forced to watch it, personally I prefer it to nothing.

16. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Oh I know I just thought I’d give it a try, I’ll just be keeping an eye on the scores today

17. zippy

Supports:
    I'm not keen either personally, I spent most of Bayern's game last week reading a book, but I do prefer it to no football till next year.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  18. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    yes. Nobody likes football matches without a crowd but it's better than nothing.

Forget todays scores. Nothing important plays, tomorrow is the day.
    #2 HSV vs #1 Arminia Bielefeld in the Volkspark.... and this already makes me sad (even before tomorrow's score :laugh:). It will be the first league match since 1995 in the Volkspark that I won't be able to visit from the stands. Back then it was my future wife who denied me a visit (we married at that day) and today it's a ****ing virus named after a mexican beer. SCHEIßE!!!

btw: After tonights match Bayern will surpass HSV and move to #2 in the Category "Most games played in Bundesliga 1".
    No.1 is, since last year, bloody Werder. Another reason to forget this Bundesliga 1 matchday

SALTIRE and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  19. Royal Blue MaLDini

Royal Blue MaLDini Registered User

Supports:
    Rangers
    It'll be rectified soon! Werder going down, HSV going up

Dirk likes this.
  20. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    I like your thinking! Would be at least 2 positives in a negative year then.

But, unfortunately, we'll never be #1 in the "Most games played" category again. Maybe when Bavaria leaves the Bundesrepublik/Federal Republic and becomes a Kingdom again :laugh: