1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga - 2019/20

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by zippy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Heidenheim 2-0 down at Arminian Bielefeld, so of course Hamburg are losing at home 2-0 against a midtable side :laugh:. Feel for you @Dirk but what a team of spineless cowards :laugh:.

2. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Actual half time results:

Arminia Bielefeld vs FC Heidenheim 2-0 Good!
    HSV vs Sandhausen 0-2 Bullshit!!!!

Anyone wondering why I wrote this yesterday should've watched the 1st half of today's match. Jesus Christ, when you think it can't get any lower HSV shows that it can get lower.
    This is the worst half I've seen so far in this season. I can't believe this, we only need a draw because Bielefeld is doing its duty so far and is 2-0 ahead but actually we bottle it again (so far) :angryfire

and yes, even after this abysmal performance in the first half and 0-2 down I still have a bit of hope that maybe we can turn it in the 2nd half. I know I'm deluded but hope dies last!

3. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Heidenheim at least have the excuse that they are away at the league champions. Hamburg have no excuse at all, dreadful performance, they have been outplayed by a mid table side.

4. zippy

Supports:
    It's 1-5 now, an absolute rout.

5. Vanni

Vanni Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United
    Sorry Dirk but .......HAHAHAHAHA . Five one! When all they had to do was to take one point at home to a side with nowt to play for.

I can only hope the DFB launches an investigation into this result because it looks clear to me HSV didn't even want to contest the play off. Or something to do with the rather generous 8/1 odds that some bookmakers were offering for Sandhausen to win :laugh:

Mind you, I'm not grumbling at all. The six points that Sankt Pauli took off HSV this season sure have come in handy :gotcha

Again, sorry Dirk but believe me it's really funny. Unless you're a Hamburg fan of course.

6. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
  7. zippy

Supports:
    [​IMG] Sorry, couldn't resist it !

Dirk likes this.
  8. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Yes, a bad day for Hamburg's Football. St.Pauli lost 3-5, HSV 1-5. That's 10 goals against ;)

The ultimative humiliation was the 5th goal from ex-HSV player Dennis Diekmeier. I mentioned it a few weeks ago that he scored his 1st ever professional goal after 294 matches. Now the 2nd, against his old club. And he celebrated like he had won a cup :D

Needless to say that this was again a stoppage time goal. And again in the ominous 93rd minute. At least this time it doesn't cost us any points ;)

:laugh:

edit: And now I'll cross my fingers for Heidenheim. Bring Werder to Bundesliga 2. Together with St.Pauli we would have our best friends with us then.

#668 Dirk, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  9. Vanni

Vanni Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United
    Yeah but St Pauli and all the other sides had nothing to play for. Even AUE won an away game! And Stuttgart let in three goals at home so that's another surprising result.

I was pretty certain Heidenheim were not going to win at AB, and the most they could hope for was a draw. That's why I thought it was all in Hamburg's hands going into today's matches. I did watch the game but just can't understand how you let them take a 2 goal lead after barely 20 mins into the game.

Honestly, I wanted you to make the play offs and then beat Werder because imo Hamburg should have at least one side in the first division.

Dirk likes this.
  10. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    And even more suprising is that Nürnberg has to play the relegation playoff against the 3rd from Liga3 after they could only draw their match whereas Karlsruhe won at Fürth.
    Just one year after being relegated from the Bundesliga1 they could find themselves in Liga 3 next season.

Me? I wasn't allowed to take part in the match. I would've defended both. Ask this Van Drongelen guy from Holland the Netherlands. ;)

Vanni likes this.
  11. Vanni

Vanni Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United
    Ha, you know what I mean mate. Seems to me you're a big fan of this Van Drongelen chap ;)

Oh btw, I see that Dennis Diekmeier was an HSV player for 8 seasons?!?

Dirk likes this.
  12. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    ;)

About the same as being a fan of foot fungus.

yes, in 8 seasons for HSV he scored exactly zero goals. In the Defence he was very solid, though.

Vanni likes this.
  13. WARP

WARP Brassic 313

Supports:
    BHA FC
    Didn’t see those results coming today.

Hamburg totally ****ed up.

14. Royal Blue MaLDini

Royal Blue MaLDini Registered User

Supports:
    Rangers
    If Hamburg had somehow gone up this year they'd have been straight back down anyway. Must be the most mentally weak team I have ever witnessed. Back to the drawing board and big changes needed it would seem

15. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    my quote about Rick van Drongelen was inappropriate. Sorry for that. It was just made in the heat of the moment.
    I just read that his injury today is heavy, Kreuzbandriss (cruciate ligament rupture) and he'll be out for months. The guy plays for HSV since 2017, he's just 21. I was a bit too hard here. Yes, he started the catastrophe today with his own goal for the 0-1 and was too late before the 0-2 and also had some shaky moments after the re-start of the season but I don't wished him such a bad injury.

After the re-start of the season we couldn't find our flow anymore. All these stoppage time goals and lost points gnawed at the self-confidence. If you're once in such a downwards spiral it's difficult to steer against it especially when the coach makes basic faults, too. It was the false way to experiment with 3 at the back last week, which we never played before and today the experiment with Ewerton in the defence was also a disaster.
    A guy who was injured nearly the whole season should stabilize an already fragile defence. Coach Dieter Hecking has big experience in the Bundesliga but in the last weeks he was more and more clueless what to do. And many players just lost form in the corona-pause. Adrian Fein (on loan from Bayern Munich) couldn't find his excellent form anymore, same for the others on loan like Schaub.

We shouldn't do this experiment with too many loan players anymore. We've done it already last season with Orel Mangalla from VfB Stuttgart and this season it was extreme. These players can help short term but now we're beginning our 3rd season in Bundesliga 2 and we need to build up a team with long term players. If this means that we'll have to stay in the 2nd tier for longer then so be it. I'm sick of this loan player attitude. Most of these players don't identify themselves with HSV enough to give "more than 100%" when it is needed.

Will be interesting to see what's going on now at the Volkspark. Coach Heckings contract would only automatically extended if we were promoted. Now they must sit together. And a 1-5 at home in one of the most important matches of the season isn't a good reference for getting a new contract.

Anyway, now I'm a bit disappointed that we bottled it again (big time) but in a few weeks when the new season is approaching I'll be cheering again for HSV. And I can't await the day when we can watch from the stands in the Volkspark again.

HSV fan now for 51 years and I'll be a HSV fan until I die!

#675 Dirk, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Vanni and Philip The Frog like this.
  16. zippy

Supports:
  17. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    "Wer den Schaden hat, braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen"

No Problems. Today I got the usual banter from Colleagues who are St.Pauli Fans. Of course! ;)
    "HaHaHaHa ES Vau". Reminds me of the glorious 80's where the song "Wer wird Deutscher Meister? H-H-H-H-S-V" was very popular

edit: Found it on youtube:

Schießt Kevin Keegan ein Tor,
    Dann dröhnt es laut im Chor:
    Wer wird deutscher Meister?
    Ha-Ha-Ha Ha-Es-Vau!

and here at the "away match" against St.Pauli at the Millerntor in 2019

:laugh:

#677 Dirk, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:24 AM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 12:30 AM
    Super_horns likes this.
  18. zippy

Supports:
    Jasmin, ex Mrs Zippy, is delighted, Braunschweig promoted : [​IMG]

19. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Yes despite Bayern's reserves being top. I wish the league would do something about reserve sides being in the 3rd division. It's a great division with superb historical, household clubs so if they could just tell them to stay in the regional leagues that would be grand.

20. Dirk

Dirk In dubio pro Raute!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Glückwunsch, Eintracht! :banana: Well done and welcome back in the Bundesliga 2. Together with HSV next season against St.Pauli (and maybe Werder), that'll be fun!
    At least one good thing in this shit year, football-like and in general.

re: historical, household names:
    Today was also the day where such a club, Preußen Münster, Finalist of the German Championship 1951 and one of the 16 founder members of the Bundesliga in1963 is relegated to the 4th tier, the Regionalliga West :(
    They already played once in the 4th tier in their history, from 2007-2011, so it's not new for them but sadly nonetheless to see them going down

You know that I don't like it either that 2nd teams of Bundesliga clubs are allowed to play in normal leagues but it's not Bayern's fault here, it's the DFB to blame.

#680 Dirk, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:05 PM
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 10:11 PM