1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Bundesliga Thread

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Dirk, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Are Greuther Fürth going to be the worse Bundesliga side ever?

Just 1 point after 11 games.

2. Dirk

Dirk Hamburg, meine Perle

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Yes, at least so far they're the worst.

Overall Tasmania Berlin's record of the 1965/66 season is still the worst overall in Bundesliga history.
    At the end they had in 34 matches : 2 wins - 4 draws - 28 losses (with a 15:108 (-93) Goal Difference). Back then it was the old 2pts for a win rule so they had overall 8-60 points (nowadays with the 3 pts for a win rule they would have 10 pts overall in 34 matches).

Ironically, Tasmania Berlin won its first ever Bundesliga 1 match with 2-0 against Karlsruher SC and to compare it with Fürth, they had after 11 matches : 1 win -1draw- 9 losses, so a bit better than Fürth.

edit: Found a list with the worst starts of Bundesliga clubs (a bottom10 so to say ) after 11 matches
    (text is in German but the stats are self-explaining.)
    There you can see that in 2016/17 HSV had a 3pts start after 11 matches which is enough for the 6th worst start in Bundesliga history after 11 matches but we were the only team in this "bottom 10" who avoided relegation at the end...with 38 points ( we went down one year later, though.);)

https://www.rtl.de/cms/bundesliga-t...tagen-fuerth-holt-negativ-rekord-4862603.html

#1602 Dirk, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Super_horns likes this.
  3. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Augsburg beat Bayern in the Bavaria Derby (are they actually that close ?!)

4. Dirk

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    approx. 60 kilometres between Augsburg and München (linear distance).

In Germany we don't just call matches derbies between clubs from the same city (like the Hamburg Derby or Berlin Derby (tomorrow btw)) but also between clubs from the same region (hence "Nordderby" (between Bremen and Hamburg) , Ruhrpottderby (Schalke-Dortmund) or "Rheinderby (Köln-Gladbach). I know that some purists don't want to count it a Derby when it's not between clubs from the same city but otherwise isn't "Derby" a German word so we're free to interpret it as we like it ;)

So Bayern really lost against Augsburg, didn't expect that tbh even without the corona cases in the Bayern team I thought they would win this one. OK, expect the others like Dortmund not to profit from it tomorrow as usual ;)

Bundesliga 2 has tomorrow the top match #4 Darmstadt 98 vs #1 St.Pauli. With a win Darmstadt could match St.Pauli on points (although Pauli has one game in hand).
    Another top match is Werder Bremen vs Schalke 04.
    I'll be watching my HSV in the Volkspark against #2 Regensburg. Please, not again a draw, can't stand it anymore. We already drew 8 of 13, with only 4 wins (but also only 1 loss). We need a win, at last. :pray

Super_horns likes this.
  5. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Terrible performance by Bayern. Conceding goals in the air for the 2nd (didn't catch the 1st one) which doesn't make for attractive judgment for me as 3 of the back 4 were French (Pavard, Upa & Lucas). I'm not even sure what formation Nagelsmann wanted to play last night as Richards (horrible game but he's young, Bayern's own Thilo Kehrer perhaps?) was high up but had difficulty tracking back (was he supposed to?) while Pavard didn't go forward once like a RB should. Midfiled was equally terrible with Goretzka having a contender for his worst game under a Bayern shirt. Sabitzer got subbed early by Musiala but the ex-Leipzig midfielder wasn't helped by Leon. Lewa tried to put something together but couldn't.

Deserved defeat for Bayern. I'd start to worry if I was Nagelsmann. He already heavily lost to Gladbach and didn't get sacked. He needs to turn things around fast imo.

Not that I'm complaining one bit of course.

6. Dirk

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    OK, Dortmund won 2-1 with a goal in the 85th minute but it was close that my prediction would have been fulfilled. Without Haaland they're a lame duck and Stuttgart had deserved a draw.

Anyway. Fürth still working at their reputation of being the worst Bundesliga club ever.
    11 losses in 12 matches now. 0-4 in Gladbach. In other matches they were a bit unlucky not to get a win or a draw but yesterday they were outplayed in Gladbach, like Bayern a few weeks ago with 0-5 in the Cup (SCNR to mention it again :D ).

Bundesliga 2:

Nearly a perfect Saturday for a HSV fan. Very convincing 4-1 win at home against #2 Regensburg. Could have been even higher (the old problem of the HSV to convert the chances, Glatzel alone could have made 2 more goals. Before the match HSV had the highest rating in the xG (expected goals) stat but has a big discrepancy with the real goals shot stat. We create enough chances but can't convert them at a reasonable level. That's why we already gave away 10 points in 13 after a lead, would have been nearly 12 points because only a minute after the 1-0 we got the 1-1. Unconcentrated again. I've just outspoken to my mate that we hopefully can hold the lead this time, at last, and it was 1-1. It's nearly comical.
    But this time HSV was too good and fully deserved the 4-1 win. I'm very happy that 2 players from the HSV youth made their first goals at professional level, Faride Alidou and Anssi Suhonen. HSV has a lot of former youth and 2nd team players in the team like Vagnomann, David, Ambrosius (all 3 actually injured, though). And that is the future for HSV to build up a team with many homegrown talents and not only mercenaries.

The other good news yesterday was the hammering of St.Pauli in Darmstadt (0-4). I wrote "nearly perfect Saturday" because Werder Bremen could get a 1-1 through a very dubious VAR penalty decision in the 95th/99th minute. Referee didn't even react first but was then told by VAR to look at it again and then gave the penalty.
    Anyway, although Schalke was robbed 2 points with this it is also good news because with it, both, Werder and Schalke, are behind HSV in the standings.

[​IMG]

btw: One remark to the "drama" with Werder Coach Markus Anfang and his "faked vaccination card".

At first I couldn't believe the allegations and believed Anfang when he told the news that he got his 2 vaccinations in the vaccination centre iand later digitised the document at a pharmacy.

But on the other side, the prosecution department wouldn't investigate without reasonable doubt, police even had a search warrant. So this is serious and that Anfang cancelled his contract on Saturday just before the important match against Schalke on his own confirms to me that these allegations are valid. It looks like that he's taken the action before the club sacked him.

This really shatters his reputation in Germany immensely. Werder Bremen had paid Darmstadt 98 a transfer fee in the summer to get him. But it seems they don't want to take steps at the Arbeitsgericht (labour court). Very crass the whole affair and Anfang had done Werder really a disservice here.

Just read a play on words about it: His name "Anfang" is the German word for "Start/Beginning"

" Ist das Ende von Anfang bei Werder, der Anfang vom Ende für Werder?"

(free translation: Is the End of Anfang (Start/Beginning) at Werder, the Beginning (Anfang) of the End for Werder?)

7. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    You could argue that he started a scandal...

8. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Bayern out shot Augsburg 18 to 6, the second half they were camped in Augsburg's half, it was one of those games where the ball just won't go in.

9. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  10. Dirk

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    This was raised by Erzgebirge Aue's President Helge Leonhard.
    They're playing in Bundesliga 2. Don't think this will happen and the German Football League DFL immediately rejected the plan. And it seems that the other 35 clubs in Bundesliga 1/2 are also against it.

Bundesliga Professionals have a vaccination rate of over 90%, in many clubs 100% of the players are vaccinated, but of course this doesn't mean they can't get the virus (like Niklas Süle from Bayern showed, 2 jabs and a covid recovery before it and he got it again). 2 of Bayern's players who were still not vaccinated seem now to have the 1st jab, Jamal Musiala and Serge Gnabry. Whereas Joshua Kimmich and Choupo Moting now have got the virus, although they were in quarantine.

In Saxony, where Aue lies, we have the highest incidences in Germany and that's maybe his motivation with this plan. I think we'll see a drastic reduction in attendance figures again. Maybe even Ghost matches again. I don't think that the Bundesliga will cancel it. But I won't bet on anything corona related.

Super_horns likes this.
  11. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Seems all is not well at Bayern.

Philip The Frog likes this.
  12. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Always seems to be something going on off the pitch there.

A lot of big egos with self interests.

Unlike at other German clubs doubt the fans get much of a say .

13. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    It's just the ultras sounding off about the Qatar sponsorship. It was chaotic though, I watched it on a live feed.

We do tbf, the club have several meetings with fan groups every year. If anything Bayern fans are in a stronger position than other clubs as we have far more members than the others, all of whom have a vote.

Super_horns likes this.
  14. Oli H.

Oli H. Registered User

Supports:
    Bayern
    Right, Dortmund beat Wolfsburg 3:1 away earlier this afternoon, so we'll have to beat Bielefeld now to stay top. I expect a much better performance than last week. Goretzka and Sabitzer were truly rubbish in Augsburg, the former having looked better against Dynamo Kiev midweek, the latter perhaps slightly excused for being new and lacking match practice. Sabitzer certainly hasn't been poor overall, while Goretzka's current form just seems low.

15. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Small Fry against The Big Fish

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    I watched a bit of Bayern v Bielefeld earlier whilst there were injuries in the Brighton v Leeds match .

Is there some kind of lockdown again in Germany because the stadium seemed pretty empty ?

I watched highlights of La Liga last week & noticed most fans were wearing masks , seems Covid's probably up to mischief again !

16. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    I think parts of Germany are in lockdown but each region is different.

17. Dirk

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Against Bielefeld there was only 25% of the stadium capacity of 75.000 allowed. And exactly these 18.750 were in the stadium. Sold out so to say. Normally every Bayern match in the Bundesliga is a 75.000 sell out for years but Bavaria has now restrictions, so it was pretty empty in the Allianz Arena. But still better than ghost matches.

That's right. Some federal states like Saxony or Bavaria have strict restrictions again. So maybe tomorrow we'll see a ghost match in Saxony between RB Leipzig vs Bayer Leverkusen.

On the other hand, in North Rhine Westphalia, the Rhine-Derby Köln vs Gladbach could be played in front of a sell out crowd of 50.000 on Saturday because only vaccinated or recovered from covid people were allowed to attend (the so-called "2G Rule" i've explained in a previous post ).
    They've found out that after previous matches in Köln there was no rise of infections after the match so they allowed the full capacity.

edit:

So Bayern won 1-0 and could hold their 1 pt lead to Dortmund. A pity that Bielefeld couldn't hold the draw (Sané scored the goal in the 72nd minute).

Haaland scored for Dortmund only minutes after being on the field in the 2nd half, after 6 weeks out. His 50th Bundesliga goal in 50 matches. First Bundesliga player to reach 50 goals in only 50 matches. (previous record holder was Timo Konietzka (Dortmund, 1860 Munich) who needed 63 matches for his 50th goal before Uwe Seeler (67 matches) ).

#1617 Dirk, Nov 27, 2021 at 11:07 PM
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:25 PM
    Super_horns likes this.
  18. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Presume away fans cannot travel from an area that does have restrictions to an area which doesn’t and vice versa ?

For example if Koln play Leverkusen is it home fans only ?

#1618 Super_horns, Nov 27, 2021 at 11:28 PM
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:50 PM
  19. Dirk

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Köln and Leverkusen are neighbours and in the same area, only 10 kilometres away (straight line) ;)

20. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Sorry should have said Leipzig then or Bayern playing Koln.