1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burnley vs Citeh

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by njmcfc1894, Apr 25, 2019.

1. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    We’ve lost 4 games this season against teams that you’ve not lost to. You’re clutching at straws.

The Doc likes this.
  2. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I did say this run. 12 straight wins without even going behind or a late winner, 3 goals conceded, scored early in a lot of them.

Looking like 18 wins and a draw from half a league season for the second season in a row. This is a standard that's never been set before

3. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    I'm not worried about that, the focus is more on who we can attract to topple City. We're now one of the top sides in Europe, & actually if Ritchie wants a reason not to throw himself off a bridge it's our huge increase in status as a club. Suarez was saying this week how it was different when he left (also when Coutinho left tbf) & that any player would want to join Liverpool now. We could get any player Madrid, Barca & City don't want, & even then we could win some transfer tussles if Klopp takes them to Blackpool. ;)

Of course, we've learned that certain players will always want to go to the top tier in Spain, but I don't think we'll be troubled by them this Summer judging on what's likely to happen. Madrid definitely going for Hazard, rumoured a CM; Pogba/Eriksen, maybe a new striker like Jovic. Barca look like they want a backup for Suarez... doubtful either would bid for Firmino with his goal record. I don't see either going for VvD when they could get the likes of Koulibaly cheaper either, he'd cost a monster fee for a CB of his age considering he's POTY & cost £75m.

4. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You gave City the initiative and they decided to take it.

5. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yes, it's cost us, but we had a near perfect first half of the league season only dropping 6 points out of 57. To expect that over a whole season is unrealistic. Of course we were always going to have some kind of blip.

That's the point. We're going to need to get a team and squad for next season that is perfect and will win every game.

6. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Yeah its really your game vs city that ****ed you over, you was way too passive in that game. You might get bailed out next week tho, so dont lose hope yet.

7. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    True we were too passive until the end of the game. But I think we've had more late goals than anyone winning games we had no right to win so I'm not gonna be nitpicking where we lost it. Plus when one side potentially gets 98 & the other 97, the title has definitely been won & not lost, we're both deserving of the title. We'll see what happens anyway, points can still be dropped.

8. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    image.jpeg Relax Liverpool fans,we didn't like the result so we changed it Brexit style.

9. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nervy display by City there with players struggling to keep their obvious anxiety in check. I thought their overall play against Burnley was erratic with misplaced passes either under or over hit certainly not in keeping with their usual confident performances.

I just want this to go the to the last day of the season when for both teams the nerves will kick in ,but taken this display into account I'd hazard a guess ours would be the lesser of the two.

Anything can happen ,but we need to ensure we're still in with a shout come the final day.

10. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This, we genuinely for the first time in a long time are in a very strong position in every position in the first team, we just need maybe a new attacking midfielder and then some serious squad strength.

I think it may only be Mane that is a possibility, but not this summer.

11. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Liverpool fans saying City look anxious.

Pmsl

They are winning every game easily.

Its over stop crying.

Steve1956 likes this.
  12. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    The last 2 have certainly not been easy at all. There is definitely some nerves there for our players.

13. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    if it goes to last day are kickoffs all at same time for fairness?

14. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yes, the last day of fixtures all matches kick off at the same time across the league.

15. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I agree and it's one thing you cant say about LFC.

That is why I think they will win it. Said it before and will say it again Klopp knows he just needs to keep up the pressure and not bottle it like the Rodgers team did.

The only thing may distract them is CL but there is nobody left for them too fear in that one tbh.

16. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
  17. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'm not sure that's big enough to attract the plethora of likes you first perceived prior to pandering to the whims of the less judicious. Have you not yet attained a picture of Salah falling over? It's just that seems to garner the level of attention you are no doubt seeking .

Happy to help.

#157 Redpelt, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019