1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Burnsley vs Barnley

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Ronny_Glavin, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ronny_Glavin

Ronny_Glavin 125 mediocre years of BFC

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    Got a feeling it'll be a very tight game. Its a must win for us but we've so many injuries I cant see us winning.

Barnsley 1-1 Burnley.

2. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    Can't get over for this one:-( but I think we really need 3 points from this,think we play better away from the Turf and our fans baying for a return to the Prem were they think we have a Devine right to be, it ain't gonna happen. I will go 2-1 to us

3. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Haha check your title ;)

4. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    That always happens mate always getting our clubs mixed up think he did it intentionally

5. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Oh rite my apologies. :)

6. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    But then again he might not have, he is from yarkshire!!!!;-)

7. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Not putting it together often enough really and haven't done for a long while . Well not in back to back games where we play really well . Sooner or later the new players line and needing to gel will get tiresome . Eddie Howe said himself that we lack any real leadership on the pitch so he needs to do something about that.

Were really short on numbers in the squad overall as well. Wouldn't be too bad if Paterson and Ings were fit. Very little pressure on Rodriguez and Charlie Austin for a starting spot. the defence more or less picks itself and the midfield is the same really. Need to be getting far more out of Keith Treacy who looks unfit and like he doesn't have a turn of pace. Wallace is working harder when not on the ball but he's nowhere near productive enough with the ball at his feet.

not sure what to expect from us these days to be honest i reckon were in for a really tough season .
    2nil barnsley

#7 Gatti, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  8. Ronny_Glavin

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    mm yes of course it was intentional.. ;)

Seriously though it was.

9. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Result like last season would do me. Picked up our first away win last season at your place only just over an hour to the ground, probably end up leaving work early tomorrow to make sure i miss traffic and hang about in Yorkshire for a couple of hours before the game . Big game for both sides really and one both should be looking to win.

Reckon this will be our side anyway
    Grant
    Trippier
    Bikey
    Edgar
    Easton
    Wallace
    McCann
    Bartley
    Stanislaus
    Rodriguez
    Austin

#9 Gatti, Oct 17, 2011
  10. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    Only kidding mate,:-)

11. Ronny_Glavin

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    I know, I know ;)

How's Tripps playing, was an excellent winger for us, gutted we didnt loan him again this season!

12. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Cant defend for shit,. that goal at the weekend come through him backing away. not the first time he's cost us goals either.

13. Whippet

Whippet Registered User

Supports:
    Barnsley
    :laugh: at the thread title. There'll be some in the media scratching their heads at this fixture. The amount of times the clubs get mixed up :no:, its just shoddy journalism.

#13 Whippet, Oct 17, 2011
  14. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Southern arseholes ;)

15. Ronny_Glavin

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    Exactly why we played out wide, great touch, good skill and a decent cross too!

16. Nightmare

Nightmare I Have A Dream

Supports:
    Barnsley Football Club
    There is a pattern forming in Barnsley games at the moment play some good football in the first half and maybe take the lead, then come out after the brake and give the game away. and we're bound to give a pen or two away in the next couple of games

17. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Wants wrong with Burnley?

Good results for Barnsley though.

18. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Sorry to say the game went exactly how i said and expected it to be and even got the correct scoreline.

Gutted. No fight in the players rolled over far too easy for me.
    No visible signs of improvement from the first day Eddie Howe took over to now.
    Whatever the game plan is supposed to be can somebody tell be because i haven't got a clue and what makes it even worse the manger doesn't either.

All the excuses NOW are tiresome and need to stop anybody kidding themselves that Burnley are not in for a long hard fight start going to games and see what im watching, then comeback and tell me the reasons im mental for thinking such a crazy thing.

I hope the players, management and board are feeling how i am right now . I feel like ive been dragged up and down the street, hammered all over the shop then run over by a truck. Not just because of this result but how things have been on the decline really for a while .

What makes it worse a lot of our players looked like they couldn't give a shit while the game was going on and after the defeat . they can chat all they like about getting on a run and feeling pissed off with things . If they consider going 3 or 4 games as a decent run these days then we really are in the crap

Well played Barnsley. you had players who fought for each other, knew a game plan and stuck to it caused us problems all night long. I like they look of butterfield. the EX Chesterfield striker Davies? played well and pulled our defence all over because he had movement , something that seems to baffle our defenders.

19. JamieB

JamieB PS3 - bantamigo

Supports:
    Bradford City
    I see Bradford lad Jacob Butterfield has scored again. He's captain now isn't he? What you make of him Barnsley fans?

20. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    Charlie Austin's bird on twitter slagging Burnley fans off . some singing they want their money back as some do and she doesn't get it at all. Saying not proper football fans ETC LOL

if only you knew love. We graft our bollocks off all week, pay good money for the ticket , follow the side up and down the land in all weather to have some snobby face so and so to waffle crap like that on twitter