1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Bury AFC to begin next season in NWC Division One North

Discussion in 'Non-League Football' started by Cotterill:49, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    AFC Bury granted entry in to the tenth tier of English football, in the North West Counties Division One North. They'll ground share with Radcliffe FC next season at Stainton Park.

Should they get half the support Bury got last season, they should walk the league.

FC Isle of Man have also been granted entry in to the tenth tier, joining the North West Counties Division One South. They'll pay for the travelling expenses of all the sides that have to travel to the Isle of Man next season.

Flip Duckling likes this.
  2. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    What's the craic with Bury? They only got 2k in L1/L2 so can't see many turning out to see Steeton and the like....

3. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    They averaged 4000 last season, I guess not everyones the same but I've watched that level of football this season in the NWC Division 1 South and it's great to watch.

I don't see why they can't get half what they did last season, if people are bothered about them.

The games are all local, few quid in, can stand with your mates, and drink by the side of the pitch. People weren't watching them in Leagues 1 or 2 because of the standard of football anyway.

4. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    It was a slight exaggeration to get across how tinpot they are ;)

But aye that's why I mentioned Steeton, I went down there when I wasn't as City with them playing in my town. I wouldn't say great to watch though....

Can see them maybe getting four figure gates for the first few games but when the novelty wears off I can see crowds of 750 ish...

5. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I've really enjoyed watching that level when I've gone, but have gone to West Dids & Chorlton who have a bit if support for that level (300-400) and it's just a good fan experience.

Ultimately, if their fans show enough support, they'll get the numbers and they'll get back to the football league. If the fans go and watch another side in North Manchester, and don't show support then they wont. They've got as much potential as there fans want there to be.

6. Soup Ladle

Soup Ladle Registered User

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    the problem they have is not all their fan base are behind the Phoenix club so I don’t think they’ll be getting 4000 there. I’m sure Bury don’t average that much anyway even when doing well? Unless all the fans are behind the new venture it won’t work out. Us at Hartlepool will have the same issue if we go pop at any time. Didn’t work out for Scarborough either, for the same reasons. Think they now have two clubs. But Chester and Halifax have come back in a few years because everyone was pulling in the same direction.

7. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Well I don't really see why they wouldn't be behind it other than they start in a lower division. What other option do they have?

It's worked out for a lot of clubs, or is working for a lot of clubs - Newport, Chester, Hereford, Wimbledon, Halifax.

That was there average attendance in their last season, and they've got higher than that before. I don't imagine they'll get exactly the same as they did that season, but they need 25-50% of that to get themselves up to the 6th or 7th tier in no time.

8. Hants Pilgrim

Staff Member

Supports:
    Boston United
    There's still a vacancy at step two which the original Bury FC might fill (in National League North). They do still exist. But I've no idea how many fans would stick by the old club versus watching the new Bury AFC instead?

9. Soup Ladle

Soup Ladle Registered User

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    There’s a thread on the other forum explaining the ins and outs and what’s going on. Have a look at that.

10. EFC04092004

EFC04092004 Registered User

Supports:
    What's happening to Gigg Lane?

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Think Steve Dale is still hoping to get Bury back in existence..

Club Statement August 2020

12. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I'm not surprised they failed on administrative reasons, with the spelling, punctuation and grammar used in that statement. That's horrendously written, hasn't been looked over at all, and certainly hasn't been spell checked. You'd think if you were writing a public statement for a club, you'd at least attempt to come across as professional.

SamB_SCFC and Super_horns like this.
  13. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Another bizarre statement has come out!

Update

SamB_SCFC likes this.
  14. Hants Pilgrim

Staff Member

Supports:
    Boston United
    Sensational. It's worth persevering to the end for the random rant about the BBC!

15. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    The thing Bury FC need more than anything is a proof reader.

16. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    Their first game is today in the FA Trophy