1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bury

Discussion in 'Non-League Football' started by Royal Blue MaLDini, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Royal Blue MaLDini

Royal Blue MaLDini Registered User

Supports:
    Rangers
    With Dale searching for a way of entry for the club into the National League now. Does anybody a bit more in the know than me, have any idea on the likelihood of this happening?
    It'd be great to just see the club survive after all of this. No matter the league they enter

2. HPC2

HPC2 Back Workers and NHS - Not South African Investors

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    If somehow they manage to enter the National League(and that's a tough ask - can only see it happening if they're given a sizeable amount of money from somewhere), they'll slip straight through to the North and Beyond. Can't see any of the hardcore returning, only to a Phoenix Club.

3. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    Why wouldn't they return? I'm not arguing your point by the way, I'm just genuinely wondering. As a Rangers fan, there was never a chance any of us were going to abandon our club for a possible phoenix, so I can't understand the mentality?

4. HPC2

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Whilst the current owner is there, i don't think there would be. Have you looked into Dale(and Day who came before him)and how he came to own Bury FC? The nearest comparison would be Stephen Vaughan, who mismanaged Chester(and his Son Bangor City)to the point the clubs folded or nearly did and fans moved on to the New Club.

Rangers is a different matter altogether, one of the most famous clubs in the world, 35,000-50,000 Fans regular(i've been to Ibrox on European nights, they're great), Worldwide Fanbase against a club with 2000-2500 Fans on the edge of Manchester. They probably would have slipped away had they not been close to BBC Sport's patch in Salford.

5. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    There is no way that the National League will accept a Bury FC that is owned by the same bloke who played a part in running them into the ground. Those running the National League are a lot stricter when it comes to finances and club ownership compared to the charlatans at the Football League who continuously allow dodgy characters with no money into ownership of clubs

Royal Blue MaLDini likes this.
  6. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    Admittedly not really, I'm aware of the basics and have loosely followed Bury's situation since the problems got bad as I do any club now. Our own previous situation makes me sympathetic. So I'm aware that he's obviously terribly unpopular, but not a lot more.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. But still, there'll be Bury fans out there to whom their club matters. No matter the size or prestige. So it's just a shame.
    Love the European nights for us, even more so since all the financial trouble. Teaches you to appreciate it even more. You got a Rangers affiliation then or just another big club off the bucket list for you?

7. HPC2

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    I’ve got mates who follow Rangers so been up for a few games with them.

Now the story how Day and Dale brought the club to its knees has unfolded any support from what I’ve seen would move to the Phoenix Club.

8. Dez

Dez Likely to cause offence.

Supports:
    Wrexham
    Is Dale seriously considering taking the Bury into non-league?

The only way he'd get fans attending is if he upped sticks and moved to a place with no sizeable club, à la MK Dons, else I'm struggling to see how they'd still be viable in Bury.

9. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    Understood. I'll have to read a bit more deeply

10. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    That's exactly what happened. You stood by and watched your club die.

11. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    Stalking me now? You know it isn't. Whatever you might try say, it can't be denied that the fans did everything possible.
    Can you keep maybe one thread that I comment on, on topic? Or will you follow me to every thread I post in?

12. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    You brought the phoenix thing up, so it is on topic. Some fans certainly tried to help out before the CVA was rejected, I have no doubt of that. Plenty were convinced they were 'too big to fail' though, and did absolutely nothing.

13. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    No, that was a mild comparison to Bury, the topic is still Bury.
    If that were true, the people who you claim did nothing were shown to be correct in the end.
    Anything to add r.e. the topic....Bury?

14. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Given that a CVA was rejected, they were definitely not shown to be correct.
    I would be shocked to see them admitted to the National League any time soon.

15. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    And as you well know by now, that's where we disagree, on the surface at least. Let's not go page for page on the matter again, just to end up in the same place.

Seems to be a common thought. What's the point anyway? If noone will be behind them I suppose

16. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    Whoever is there and whatever form Bury take the best they can hope for is North West Counties. The phoenix club currently has the majority support but if Dale were to do the decent thing and just sell up to a supporters group then Bury FC have a chance. I'd still say the National League wouldn't touch them though.
    Dale is just an asset stripper, the best outcome would be he sells to someone local, someone who loves, even likes the club, they can go on playing at Gigg Lane start again in non-league and enjoy the ride, they'd quickly be in the National Leagues.
    Sadly it's not going to happen and when a new club start, playing somewhere else in the Manchester suburbs, Dale will finally get his end game of selling off much prized land to the highest bidder.

You may know Dale managed to get a CVA through and he'll be happier than most covid-19 hit, because in February he defaulted on the CVA - Bury FC in new liquidation threat as Steve Dale defaults on CVA

There was one court hearing about it before the lockdown happened and obviously since everything has ground to a halt so nothing has been done about it but I would think as soon as the court process gets back into gear Bury FC as we know it will cease to be.
    As Southend fan it saddens me as Bury have a massive place in the heart of Southend fans of a certain age and their demise to yet another crook the EFL quite happily did nothing about is all that is wrong with the game in the lower leagues of England.

Royal Blue MaLDini likes this.