1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye bye Match programmes

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by millers, Jun 8, 2018.

1. millers

millers Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    MATCH PROGRAMMES

A number of Clubs had previously asked the EFL if the mandatory publication of a match programme could be addressed as a result of an overall decline in sales and the proliferation of digital and social media, which has the ability to deliver the same content in a more cost effective manner. Mandatory publication of a programme was required due to a number of the EFL’s partnership, sponsorship and opt-in agreements.

EFL Clubs approved an amendment which allows Clubs to opt out of providing advertising in match programmes on the basis it is replaced with other inventory. This amendment will mean that the requirement to deliver programme advertising in the EFL Regulations will only apply if a match programme is produced. The amended regulation provides each Club with the option to determine whether or not they publish a match programme.

Would you be bothered if your club did away with the Prog?

2. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Think I only bothered with them during our cup run, which won't happen again for a long time.

Wouldn't be arsed.

3. Ramblins

Ramblins Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    Bought them at our 3 Wembley visits over the last 8 seasons but apart from that I haven't bought one in years. So it won't bother me.

4. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Ours are a good read and sell well so i can't see us stopping printing them anytime soon, not much point in buying one at an away game unless it's an FA Cup game at a big Premier League side just in case a shock happens.

5. Godolphin

Godolphin Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Got tons of ‘em in boxes over the last 17 years but not a collection as such because I never bought them religiously look some do/did.

Times have changed, programmes have done well to last so long in the modern era and probably the last of the ‘oldies’ left to be reinvented. They’re just redundant nowadays and a book of companies advertising their services.

6. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    We’re keeping ours for all games. Stopped buying them when I didn’t have time to read them. Only get them at cup games against Premiership sides now.

7. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    nope not bothered.

8. green75

green75 Registered User

Supports:
    plymouth
    I have shit loads of them in shoe boxes accumulated over the years going back to 1982. As others had said the powers that be have decided the future then theyres nothing an old sod like me can do about it.
    I just wonder if its worth keeping hold of them to see if theyll be worth a bob or too in a few years time. If not ill take the whole lot to the tip to free up some loft space.

9. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    If you have the space keep hold of them for sure their value will only rise in the future. I have 100’s of my dad’s mainly Chelsea programmes from 1970 onwards including Cup final’s/Semi finals, hoping to cash in in later life.

10. Nightmare

Nightmare I Have A Dream

Supports:
    Barnsley Football Club
    never bothered with them, just a load of old pony in them along with way too many advertisements,
    SoccerStand app and other live score apps/sites give you the team line ups for free, and for a reasonable annual subscription the official iFollow club app gives you, interviews, match previews, videos of past games, and live radio commentary, as well as extended highlights after the game, and they take up no space what so ever. Times have changed football programmes are not needed anymore and haven’t been for over 20years.

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    If all that works ofcourse but certainly the Digital age has meant interviews and features can be seen on a daily basis.

Even stuff like ticket news and travel
    Information is all online now .

12. ShorhamBlade

ShorhamBlade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Not another change to tradition. I’m still pining for the Green ‘un

13. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I could oblige......