1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of duty modern warfare

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Shane, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Anyone see the BETA play of this over the weekend? I wanted to play but didn't have time. Looks like they've done what many (including myself) have been asking for and gone back to basics with it. Glad to see that all the futuristic bollocks has been shelved. Just hope they've sacked off all the stupid luminescent colours on the players as well.

The game play looks really good but I suppose it will live or die on the quality of the maps.

Oh, and the tactical Nuke is back but it takes 30 gun kills to get one now so good ****ing luck with that. :laugh:

Andy-gers1 and PorkchopExpress like this.
  2. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    If it isn't futuristic crap like you say then I will look into it.

3. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    It's not mate. It's current time. Like the old Modern Warfare games and it's an infinity ward game.

I know they ****ing disgraced the franchise with COD ghosts and then all the exo suit, luminescent colours and dabbing wanker characters but they are going back to the roots, back to what made it the biggest FPS in the world!

Hope they've got it right this time!!

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  4. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    I am going to wait until I see gameplay footage on yt and read reviews on here before I go for it. I hope they don't f*ck it up.

5. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    There's loads of footage on there now. All the you tube pro's were smashing the BETA all weekend.

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  6. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    I really enjoyed it. Took a bit of getting used to just how much you can traverse map now, I was getting killed from all sorts of places you'd never get shot from in older games.

The bigger modes are absolute chaos.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    Played the BETA and really enjoy it; the best COD for many years in it’s current state IMO. The pace of the game is much more suited to my aging reflexes with more emphasis on intelligent movement, map knowledge, predicting enemy locations etc.

Quick scoping is dead.

Of course, that hasn’t gone down well with lovers of the advanced movement games and 360 noscope kids whose only notion of “skill” is abusing drop-shots, double-jump, 100m long slides and exo-suits but you can’t please everyone.

8. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Unless they go back to just the three streak rewards at 3,5 and 7 (radar, air strike, helicopter) it won't be the same.

I agree that back to basics is best. Too many shooters are too over the top à la Unreal Tournament. CoD multiplayer back in the day was goos because it required a bit of strategy and less "shoot all the missiles!".

9. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Developers have no backbone though and it wouldn’t surprise me if the outcry was big enough for them to add some of that shit back in in an update.

10. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    They might reduce sprint-out times and ADS delay a little in a day-one patch (and actually, some of the ADS times are really quite long - you can reduce them and still ensure quick-scoping isn't a thing) but the gameplay is so fundamentally different to previous recent titles that I don't think it would ever end up as bad as that. Time will tell though.

Benzel and RM like this.
  11. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I played the Beta, enjoyed it, and pre ordered on the strength. The game felt more like the classic CODs, and there will be a campaign as well as the survival mode, so they'll be plenty of content.

I am expecting them to bring in silly camos, dance moves, and stick some guns behind loot boxes during the cycle, but I'm still pumped, as I cannot play Black Ops 4 anymore.

Shane and RM like this.
  12. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Blackops 4 started off well but it's gone to complete shit. Full of dabbing neo camouflaged dickheads. Even the battle royale mode isn't as good now as they just keeping adding too much shit to it.

Can't wait for modern warfare tbh. Most of the feedback is good and a lot say it's cod back to it's roots!

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  13. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    Based on what's been said in this thread, I'll probably buy this. Not played CoD for years, but absolutely loved MW and MW2 so hoping for a similar feeling game.

RM likes this.
  14. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    It looks like the Special Ops and Survival modes might be good too. That's the good thing with CODs, that's there's plenty of depth to it, and a lot of different game modes. I'm more TDM multiplayer, but I always play the campaign, and spend some time trying out Zombies/Special Ops etc.

Shane likes this.
  15. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Yeah I really liked the special ops in mw2 was it? Good to see that's making a return.

It seems they've given up pandering to the 12 year olds now and are finally listening to their hardcore fans as the franchise has gone down hill since MW3.

RM and JTC77 like this.
  16. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    It's similar... Ish, I wouldn't go in expecting it be a total nostalgia trip.

Shane likes this.
  17. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I enjoyed Black Ops 2 + 3.

Intrigued by this. I don't want a nostaliga trip because when I played MW Remastered, the multiplayer felt boring due to the lack of killstreaks.

Shane likes this.
  18. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    This will be x platform too I believe?

19. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    Yep

Richard likes this.
  20. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    Yeah I get you. Not going in with that attitude.

It's more just a case that I loved MW and MW2 so if this game is in the same vein (and not any of that exoskeleton, flying, walking on walls bollocks) then I should enjoy this too!

JTC77, Shane and RM like this.