1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carabao cup 18/19

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by LordMegson, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    lol.

2. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    I think he needs a trophy to get a winning mentality at the club, very rare a squads first trophy is CL/PL, should go all out now for FA cup.he comes across with a "im bigger than league cup/Fa cup" attitude, need get the team over the line, Arsene Wenger got slated for just qualifying for CL.

3. Coys4

Coys4 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Disdain? Last 2 FA cups they reached the semi's and this league cup they beat Watford, West Ham and Arsenal all on the road.

Your opinions are stuck in the past when Poch made one comment about the league cup 3 years ago.

4. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Poch's mentality is win every game. No different to that of the other big managers.

Unfortunately he can't go out on the pitch and do it himself. Similarly I don't think we've been embarrassed in any domestic cup in his time here. It's not like we've been losing to bad sides. Crystal Palace are probably the worst team to have knocked us out since he joined the club.

I'd love a semi final against Bristol City or Burton Albion, if we'd drawn the latter we'd probably be in the final too, perhaps at your expense.

Coys4 likes this.
  5. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    It's this sort of thing that epitomizes the problem with modern football. Are there any other sports where finishing in 3rd place is deemed as more important than winning a competition?

Do athletes see a bronze medal at the Olympics as being more important than a gold medal at a European Championships? Would a cricket club see finishing 3rd in the County Championship as being more important than winning a limited overs cup?

#905 Tomohawk, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    njmcfc1894 and NotsoPosh like this.
  6. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Hopefully we can do it again on Sunday. :pray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    You're probably favourites.

I don't know what round they scrap replays but I'd take a draw if we can. I'd love to stay in the cup but I think we'll struggle to put out a team capable of winning on Sunday.

Hopefully Hodgson doesn't take it too seriously.

8. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Do you think Spurs season is in danger of unraveling @DeadlyDemon ?

With Kane, Alli injured and Son away, its going to be a right struggle once the CL starts up again. When are they due back?

#908 King_Kenny, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  9. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    He was a Man City fan whilst you were cheering on Washington Redskins on NBSC pal...

I do hope you're not from America? Calling a Manc born and bred regular for the last 20 seasons or so a glory grabber? :laugh:

10. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I think we'll be OK mate. Realistically we were never going to win the league or CL anyway.

For the season to unravel I think we'd have to finish outside the top 4 and I don't think we will.

As disappointing as last night was, I think City beat us in the final anyway.

11. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    35 years :D

12. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    I think it's more a mentality thing not just limited to this country .

Wenger set the bar at 4th place for most of his last 5/6 years at Arsenal , was he right to do this or in reality was he a great pragmatist & if by setting the bar only so high does that set a precedent to your coaching , backroom staff & team.

The Americans have the best attitude to sport .

Only Winning counts , the rest is failure , though mostly applicable to individual sports people .

13. julian

julian Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Son early February (final's on 1st of February) if not earlier, depends on South Korea progress, Kane and Alli due to return to training early March but I think Kane in particular will be back earlier.

14. Gunner Greig

Gunner Greig *Arsenal F.C*

Supports:
    Arsenal F.C
    What kind of mentality is that? So it's worth getting knocked out of a semi final just because you'll think you'll lose the final? Deary me and i wonder why your lot never win nothing.

Lets hope the media give spurs the same flak we got, when we didn't win diddly squat, but of course they won't.

Fact of the better is this season was your last realistic chance of winning anything, now Poch is off in the summer and the stadium repayments will take priority over strengthening the side.

njmcfc1894 likes this.
  15. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Where did I say it was worthwhile?

What do you want me to do though? That's the reality of the situation. Go back and quote me where I wanted us to go out before the game but I'm not going to sit and sulk because we're out. I'd sooner be in the final but I'll take some consolation that it's not a final I expected us to win. I'd feel more sick if Chelsea were playing Burton for the trophy.

On your other point, Spurs get plenty of flack about our record too. I don't know where this myth comes from that the sun shines out of our asses. I'm baffled how our semi final record is common knowledge if we're not regularly receiving flack over our lack of success.

The Tottenham bottlers that never get any criticism. Someone help me out here because the logic alludes me.

The reality is we see the agenda we want to see. I thought Wenger always got it easy personally but every Arsenal fan on here suggests otherwise.

Coys4 likes this.