1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celtic Chat.

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Celtic Symphony, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

The worst thing about now having to play catch up is the reliance on other sides taking points off Rangers, but this season especially I have zero confidence that this will happen.

This sounds ironic on the back of us dropping points in successive matches, but in the past you could always look to visits to places such as Tynecastle, Pittodrie and Easter Road for hope that there will be a favourable result. I really only see this happening a minimal amount of times if at all this season.

I've said in the past that Rangers don't have to be a better team than us to win the title. If they take care of the rest and manage to take some points from us then they will be right in there. It's clear now that they are a fair bit better than the rest.

We are better, but this season more than any other we have to be at it every single week from now on as the tiniest slip is going to cost us massively.

2. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Right now we have no reliance on any other team though. We still have to play them 3 times.

Maybe not as much as previously but there will be points dropped on both sides. Only eight games in, there is a ton of football to be played.

3. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

We don't want to be in a position where there is even more pressure on us to win the games against them. We could win all one to ones against them, but in reality that probably won't happen, so we really need to start putting the other sides away week after week.

It's early days and not the time for panic, but yesterday needs to be a one off.

4. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You will probably win more Old firm games than them, and Morelos will miss about ten games through red cards. There is no need to panic yet, especially as you have the better team, the better squad, and money to spend in January.

5. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Morelos seems to have cleaned up his act this season, so I don't see him missing many games.

We do have the better team and squad, but as said before, this season is all about both us and Rangers battering the opposition most weeks and although it's an obvious statement to make, it really is about who slips up least against the others as it's not going to happen too often or certainly not as frequently as previously.

6. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    What’s the thoughts on Karamoko Dembele seeing game time this season?

7. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    He's just back from injury, i think he'll be eased in this season with a view of him making his impact next season.

8. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

I'll be surprised if he's still here next season tbh. Too many big clubs showing an interest and I think he'll get some games this season, even as a sub.