1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celtic Chat.

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Celtic Symphony, Aug 15, 2018.

1. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

I don't think he is good enough at CB or ever will be. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but there are weaknesses in his game that he won't get rid of imo.

He's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I think we should be aiming for better.

2. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    When the game is in front of Ajer he is very good but he lacks concentration with cross balls and ones over the top.

He is a good CB who has performed well at International level now and will get better.

At times though when you watch him win the ball in the middle and run out of defence with it you think it could have been a mistake moving him from a defensive midfield position as he still has those attributes to take over from Brown imo.

One thing he needs to add if he wants to go to the next level at CB is aggression in the air, for a guy his size he isn't very dominant.

3. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Expecting the Clyde game to be off on Sunday.

That stadium is bad enough to play in and sit in when it's 15 mph winds.. If it hits the 50-70 expected there is no chance football can be played.

4. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

We could do without that as it will mean a league game gets rescheduled, but the chances are that this will probably happen.

5. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Yes and it happens every time a player has a dip in form.

See James Forrest for details.

6. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    I don’t think so. His previous performances indicate that most fans are patient enough to see him turn it around, and believe he will.

7. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Comfortable win for us today and good to see Ntcham turn in such a confident performance. Albeit against lesser opposition, but when he is on it he looks a class act. As does Elyonoussi.

Guys like Bayo and Klimala are going to find it really difficult, because our fans along with being quick to judge will also see any other striker as being levels below Edouard. Good to see Bayo get a goal though and his movement was smart.

Decent draw for the next round.

8. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

I think he's been really good for us this season and in particular the last 2 or 3 months. He seems to have sorted his attitude out and at first I thought he was playing for a January move but he's been pretty good most games. Let's hope he keeps it up as on form he's one of the best midfielders we have.

9. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
  10. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    We should be in the market for a left back/wingback in the summer.

Would you sign Aaron Hickey?

I think the boy has loads of potential.

11. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

We don't need potential, we need a starter and he's nowhere near good enough at the moment. I think that lad from Rosenborg might be worth a punt tbh.

12. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    I'd sign Hickey mate, i think he'll go onto become a good player and would get better with us.

I also think he's had a good grounding already despite the fact he's still very young.