1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celtic Chat.

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Celtic Symphony, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I don't think it was a 5-0 game yesterday.

I thought we played ok at times, but we still look far too open and as we found out in Europe, better teams will exploit this.

Good to see Ajeti looking like a penalty box striker. Doesn't look up to much outside it to be honest. Great to see big Duffy come in and show what he is all about, and happy for Klimala getting one after another horror miss before.

We can play much better and hopefully we start to do so soon.

2. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Didn't think we were at our best yesterday but an other 5 goals and we look like we have goals from all over the park.

We were very shaky at times it tbh that's to be expected, it's a new back 3 with a new Keeper and a LWB who isn't one so the fact we can still win that emphatically is a good sign for when it all really starts coming together.

Win our two games in hand and and we go back to the top of the league and when it comes down to goal difference we will be well out Infront again.

Although Dallas didn't have much influence in the game yesterday once again he books Celtic players for first tackles and let's opponents have a few niggles before a card comes out.

3. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Bolingoli away to the Turkish champions on loan with an option to buy.

We've done well there and hopefully he does welk and we dont see him again.

A matter of time now before we get the much needed left wing back.

4. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Looks like Benfica are going out in the qualifiers as well.

Just shows what a minefield it is.

5. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    Doughty showing up very well against West Ham for Charlton tonight. Two bids rejected. Just pay the money Pete before it's too late.

6. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Watching it.

He's done well

7. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Poor stuff tonight but another three points.

As welcome as it is to see us win whilst not playing well, it is concerning that we are not clicking for any sustained periods.

We are also giving teams far more of a chance against us than Rangers currently are.

8. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    The amount of chances we are giving away is very concerning, give a team a bit of luck and we could easily find ourselves a couple down against anyone atm.

I don't really mind not blowing teams out the water in away games like that as it's 10 men behind the ball in a very narrow pitch ( pitch size regulations need looked at btw) but what I do mind is how teams like St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County have been able to transition from defending deep to throwing a good crosses into our box and causing us trouble.

We are not defending as a side and the movement is very poor, defenders get the stick a lot of the time but out three CBs actually defended well they just had zero support Infront of them.

3 points in the bag though and should go top of the league on Saturday and give Rangers a bit of pressure against Hibs.

9. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

As much stick as our defenders get at times (sometimes justified) I agree that they are getting a lack of protection from the midfield.

We are wide open at times and better teams counter attacking us will have a field day.

10. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    We played well yesterday despite the nervy finish. Brown needs rotating more often though. He had a hand in their second goal.

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Better late than never for you guys!

12. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

We have managed to dig out a result again, but that was a soul destroying performance and very concerning that we don't even look close to playing anywhere near the level we should be at.

Édouard looked completely disinterested and I was glad to see him taken off. If that's what he is going to give us then he would be as well going.

Ntcham again comes in and does little to suggest he should be a starter. Christie drives me nuts, but at least he seems to conjure up the odd moment of quality that can make a difference (he should never be allowed to take another set piece though).

Cracking header from Griffith's and brilliant from Klimala who I'm delighted for as he just gets the head down and works his socks off every time he gets an opportunity.

The next game is the perfect opportunity to change the perspective of this season, but being honest I have seen all our games and most of theirs and currently they look better in all departments.

13. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
  14. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    St.Johnstone are nothing but a team of hammer throwers, so I was delighted to get the win in the end. Get it right up them.

However, 1 shot on target in the first 89 minutes is rubbish. It was an incredibly flat performance devoid of creativity. As sad above, I wasn't upset when Edouard was taken off. Perhaps he's playing through injury?

Glad to see Griffiths back and on the score sheet, and similarly pleased for Klimala.

15. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

How Murray Davidson lasted so long before getting a yellow I will never know.

16. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    Job done again.

But poor performance and we are struggling to break these sides down this season.

Great to see the scoring options we have though and no matter how we are playing there is always a chance we can score a few goals.

Clear penalty denied in the 5th minute and that should have got us up and running.

I just wonder if these teams will be allowed to kick us off the park the full season. The tackle on Klimala before he scores is as clear a red as you will see all day and I now make that 4 league games in a row the opposition have avoided a red card when it's been blatant.

17. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Can maybe see why the ref didn't give it but absolutely no excuses for the linesman who was looking right at it with no-one blocking his view.

Another shocker of a performance today from the ref who it seems are quite happy to allow the cloggers to do as they wish. As Ceasar said Davidson should have been off for at least 3 bookable offences and that tackle on Klimala was a shocker and didn't even get a yellow. My favourite honest mistake though was when he allowed us to play on after a foul 30 yards to the right of goal and then when we were fouled again 20 yards centrally he decided to take it back to the 30 yard spot.

I've not seen it yet but after the bat signal was sent out a couple of weeks ago when they dropped points, it seems they have been awarded another dodgy penalty today. Even BBC radio Rangers' Billy Dodds says he doesn't even know what it was for but no doubt by the time the game ends it will be a stone waller and the press will follow their usual narrative.

18. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Just seen the penalty. Lets just say it's the kind of penalty that only one team would be guaranteed to get.

19. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    The Rangers players are under clear instructions to get Infront of the defender then fall over.

The refs need to wise up to this instead of giving them countless freekicks outside the box.

County could have had a penalty...Goldson with two hands on the back as the county player rode to head in an easy chance...ball went over the bar.

20. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    We should have had a penalty early on for the foul on Duffy too. The referee was awful today.