1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champions League draw

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Minty, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    It's worrying, I think in these isolated incidents the Police action against the idiot should be enough.

2. MullereD

MullereD Chief of Deflection

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :D his sister is tasty tbf

Celtic Symphony likes this.
  3. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    Celtic have been charged for the fan running on to the pitch and PSG have been charged for damage to the seating at CP.

4. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Regarding the wee idiot that ran on the park, it's a nothing incident when you consider Aberdeen were fined 9,100 pounds by UEFA for a full force fight in the stand involving other fans and Stewards.

Rangers were fined 5000 pounds for a pitch invasion against Maccabi Haifa.

The wee scrote was wrong but I actually feel a wee bit sorry for him, he'll be full of remorse today after getting full of the drink and making a huge mistake. He'll now have the police to del with and be banned from Celtic Park for life.

5. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Thought he recovered well the second half and was exposed time and time again first half with Roberts in front of him, who isn't renowned for tracking back and helping in that situation.

6. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    One last point, huge credit to our support yet again last night, being hammered on the park and stood for the whole game backing the team. There's a reason we have the reputation in football that we do and last night was the perfect example.

Here's the thoughts of the PSG owner, he can cook the books and bend the rules to spend 400m euros on players but he'll never be able to buy a backing like Celtic get.

PSG man says Celtic Park atmosphere is the best he has ever heard

clovisguy likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

In regard to the argument about us spending more on our defence, I completely agree that this should have happened, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference against the quality that we faced last night.

We shouldn't be buying to compete with the likes of PSG, but we should be buying simply to improve on what we have already and continue progressing.

8. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Rodgers explanation of that was that he had identified the player he wanted (Coetzee) and when that fell through he wasn't simply going to buy a centre back just for the sake of buying one as he's always said he'll only buy a player he really wants.

The next point might be he should have had other targets but at that stage in the window it isn't easy to do deals with days to go for long term players.

We've got to dust ourselves down for Anderlecht in 2 weeks and I think we will. PSG beat Barcelona 4-0 a matter of months ago and that was before they took Neymar from them and added Mbappe.

Last season we were hammered by Barca and came back to show up well against Man City twice and Monchengladbach away.

One point I think though is that some underestimate Anderlecht, they were only beaten 3-0 at Bayern and that was after losing the first goal to a penalty and going down to 10 men. One player who I know is quality is Onyekuru, a player we targeted last season but Arsenal bought for 7.5m and then loaned out to Anderlecht, he will pose a big threat.

Hopefully Boyata is back and match fit and we can put in the kind of performance we did in Monchengladbach. A win would be superb but i'd be delighted with a draw, take our chances against them at Celtic Park and hope they are beaten in all games against Bayern and PSG

9. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    A draw away to Anderlecht will be a great result am that means 3rd place can hinge on beating them at home.

We will be better with another CB, the goals we lost last night were avoidable, the amount of free space in the box was criminal at times, that shoudnt happen with another natural CB playing.

I actually thought we were unlucky to lose the second half of the game, we passed around much better and started to find space to attack.

First half let us down with the Jozo penalty being the thing that killed us, have no idea what he was thinking, it was a terrible cross in to the box.

Was really pleased by Ralstons second half performance, he stood up much better and looked more confident.

If Armstrong doesn't pick up form soon McGregor will take his place and rightly so.

10. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I know the boy Coetzee has a decent amount of caps for a player so young, but I still think he would have been a bit of a project signing.

I understand entirely why we go down that road, but I think on occasion we should be looking to get in a guy in his mid twenties who might cost a few more million but is less of a risk (on paper at least).

From that point I think we failed and I'm hoping it doesn't cost us third place. That alone may not do so, but if we are having to start with makeshift back fours then there is an argument to say we have played with Fire and got burnt if we finish last in the group.

clovisguy likes this.
  11. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    The wee guy is 21 and from Portadown.

He's been done with the OBAF act and assault.

The assault charge is very harsh but he's plead guilty to it.

#331 Lisbon 67, Sep 13, 2017 at 3:56 PM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM
  12. clovisguy

clovisguy Banned

Supports:
    Neutral
    It is the players I feel sorry for. They were having a nightmare before the moron ran on the park, and got worse. Time fans realised they do their club no favours at all by stupid antics. Celtic could get hammered by EUFA because of the acts of one person. Something nobody could have foreseen happening.