1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

City vs Chelsea cup final

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by njmcfc1894, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    That fanny who did a little jump before his spotkick.....f*cking hell that was so bizarre. Made him look a bit of a titty. Just hit the bloody thing next time.

2. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    No I think the rule is you can make one extra sub after 90 mins, so 4 in total. Do I have that wrong?

3. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    No you're correct on that one but we were talking about being able to make a sub after extra-time, which some in the media were suggesting was possible. Since when has that been a thing? Or were they all talking bollocks?

4. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Oh right I get you now, so make a change for pens? I don’t think that’s allowed but I might be wrong.

5. mancityfan8496

mancityfan8496 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Non-kepa related post but for me Zinchenko was man of the match.

Was usually solid defensively and was a vital addition in midfield when needed. Definitely his best game for us and in a very big match.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the game play on for a bit after the non-substitution occoured? So it wasn't directly before the shoot out.

#225 mancityfan8496, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  6. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    He was your best player I thought, I have to say he looked a different player from the last time I seen him. What’s meant to be his best position?

7. mancityfan8496

Supports:
    Manchester City
    He was signed as an attacking midfielder but I can't recall us ever playing him there.
    He was pretty much our 3rd choice left back last season, seems good on the ball but has been guilty of wanting a little in defence.

Pep seems to prefer him over Delph at the moment so he was earned his way up the pecking order. Rightly so on the basis of thst performance.

8. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah I thought it was midfield but certainly didn’t look out of place at left back yesterday. He’s young and it’s a pressured situation to find your feet in a team of such quality so probably was always going to look shaky in places. He should keep his place.

Do you think you’ll buy full backs in the summer?

9. mancityfan8496

Supports:
    Manchester City
    I think so too. Delph seems to have been phased out a little since the Chelsea loss. Zinchenko seems to have matured since last season.

I'm not sure, I think pep prefers the Mendy/Walker type of fullback that bombs forward and can offer more in attack so maybe. But I think replacing Fernandinho should be our main focus, personally wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't go for another left back in the summer.

10. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Delph was a useful squad player for a time but think his usefulness is ending. I think left back you should give Zinchenko his chance like you say and you obviously have Mendy (but with his injuries and I think he lacks a little defensively) but right back I think that’s your weak position and looks a priority along with Fernandinho’s cover/replacement (which will be very hard to source). I mean Walker might regain form but is a long stint of poor form he’s having.

11. mancityfan8496

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Walker has been out of form but seems to be picking up a little, Danilo doesn't seem to get much of a look in though so maybe. But with the fullback positions we at least have back up. With Dinho injured we literally have no like for like replacement so that really does need to be our priority, as difficult as it may be to find his successor.

12. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Is he picking up though? He just looks like a mistake waiting to happen. Is Danilo rated? I’ve not seen much of him to know. I defo agree the Fernandinho replacement is the top priority, is there any rumours or legimate names that have been mentioned?

13. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Yes it did, but people have been suggesting he still could've brought on Willy after the ET final whistle blew. I think it was even mentioned in the commentary.

Willy was still lurking around waiting to come on as well.

AFAIK you can only make substitutions within 120 minutes, but I definitely heard a couple of people suggesting otherwise. Just wondering if there's been a change in the rules or whether they were just talking bollocks.

14. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Have to say it was a very good performance by the whole team after the past few weeks, just typical something like Kepa had to overshadow the performance.

I feel for Sarri as i feel he had the tactics spot on, we’ve managed to nullify City and on a different day we may even have nicked it.

I thought Kepa was a colossal c*nt for refusing to come off, fair enough he wanted to stay and play on, but when your number comes up you just go off, wether you like it or not.

Got to feel for Caballero too, who got involved in such an unneeded mess.

I hope we never see Kepa again this season. Show him who’s the boss.

PorkchopExpress likes this.
  15. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Had zero interest in the final so didn't watch it, but I've just seen the incident. Kepa is an unprofessional cnut and deserves to be punished, at the very least I'd f**k him off and not play him. But it's clear Sarri has all the authority of a wet dishcloth so it will be business as usual at Chelsea. The players having far too much power and their managerial merry go round will continue next season. Except where it used to win them big trophies, it won't anymore because the game has moved on.

Two consecutive seasons of no CL football coming up. F**k both them as a club and the way they work.

16. GrantCFC

GrantCFC Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Seems even when Sarri adapts his style to suit the limited ability of his players, some still turned on him.

Really disappointed in Azpilicueta.

17. mancityfan8496

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Can be rash I agree but not quite a mistake waiting to happen, he has definitely improved but steadily. Danilo is solid, looked decent in the victory against you lot but pep doesn't seem to rate him.

Not really. That De Jong guy was mentioned until he went to Barca, Jorginho was obviously set to sign in the summer (dodged bullet by the looks of it) I don't pay too much attention to rumours outside the window tbf so I've probably missed a few.

18. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Smashed my phone so couldn't sort it till got back last night night, shit game but another trophy, Chelsea were never gonna be wide open like at the Etihad, 2 x in 3 weekends Sterling has Give it back to the racists, win a trophy and Liverpool drop points, not bad day at all.

Oh and Kepa is a ****.