1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derby.....

Discussion in 'Championship' started by millers, Jan 16, 2021.

1. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Yes but your situation is abit unique and it would have been excellent PR for someone like Lawrence who is in the gutter at the moment in that regards

David Bird and DerbyFanMatt like this.
  2. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Who then turns up and plays an absolute worldly against us to put himself in the shop window :cry: :laugh:

3. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    I'm no fan of Derby but any fan base would get behind an 'ambitious' owner who is investing in a promotion push. It's the responsibility of the owners to make sure that whatever spending they do is sustainable and within the rules, not the supporters. The blame is 100% on the owners.

Any group of fans who claim they wouldn't have allowed it to happen and would have held their owners to account before the overspending went too far are talking shit. If Forest had been spending the millions while Derby had been cutting their cloth, for example, you can guarantee that the Forest fans would have been giving it the big un just as the Derby fans were when it was looking like they were going places.

4. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

Oh I agree. Also it should be a moral thing not a PR thing

David Bird and RedDogChris like this.
  5. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    We played them the first game after they went into administration and we lost against them too. Clearly a bad time to play them :laugh:

AFCB-Nutter likes this.
  6. c.w.moss

c.w.moss "Wasn't there""

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Did you pay it Dave?
    Come to think of it me old mate Rock owes me for last season!:therethere

David Bird likes this.
  7. David Bird

David Bird Registered User

Supports:
    Derby County
    Yes mate, cost me a fortune lol, but all in a good cause, so not botheted at all.
    Its been a very tough season this year being a Ram, but like all hard core fans, i will be there, just hope we get bought by someone ASAP, that **** of a owner Mel did not even pay the 8000 to the saint johns ambulance, us fans chipped in to pay them, just wish we had 60 million between us to buy the club, but as the saying goes Once A Ram Always A Ram.
    Hope to see more posts from u in the future mate.

c.w.moss likes this.
  8. Dem Blades

Dem Blades Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Derby seem to have been in the Championship forever. A change of scenery, although lower not higher, may be good. Not being ironic but the first division looks interesting these days. For example Ipswich’s support seems to have increased and Charlton pulled in 26,000 + t’other day. Some big old clubs down there.

9. c.w.moss

c.w.moss "Wasn't there""

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Good on ya Dave, saying that I still think Franny Lee's a #### for windmilling Our Norm...:D

David Bird likes this.
  10. David Bird

Supports:
    Derby County
    Oh the good old days, heard they both carried it on in the treatment room lol, and the physios had to separate them lol, thats the rumour in Derby anyway.

11. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Looks like this might get tested. They haven't budged for clubs before but (no disrespect to Bury, Macclesfield etc) Derby would be the biggest club to go under completely, so will test their previously firm stance in requiring full payment.

12. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
  13. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Don’t think relegation has changed our gates, we normally get 18-20k home fans in either league. In the Championship however McCarthy took maybe 8k off that by boring everyone to death over a number of years. It went back up and down under Lambert but has held up so far with Cook, like most teams I guess if the team is going in the right direction and the mood is good then more turn up. We’ll see how long that lasts but anyhow.

What is good about league one is that it is very competitive this year, most sides can beat each other on any given day with just a couple of teams at each end being the exceptions. Perhaps the Championship is getting a bit less like that these days, who knows.

14. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
  15. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    The championship is dead as a competitive league, the relegated clubs have too much financial power the teams coming up can't compete.

I've even noticed league one is starting to get that way with the emergence of yo-yo clubs in the past 5 years though it's more unpredictable than the championship

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

16. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Last year Brentford went up, the year before we did. 3 of the 4 teams in the playoff places this year don't have any parachute payments....

17. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I see American Chris Kirchner has pulled out of the race to buy Derby and blames the administrators for messing him about,he's also called Mel Morris a f*ck job. :laugh:

RedDogChris likes this.
  18. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

He’s pulled out because his bid wasn’t as good as the others apparently. He’s dealt with this all on Twitter which sometimes is fine but throwing toys out your pram isn’t a good look either.

19. David Bird

Supports:
    Derby County
    Hope there is some good news soon, heard a preferred bidder will be announced soon, Appleby and Gadsby are the favourites now, for me the sooner the better.

I agree on Morris being a **** job, should be run out of Derby and never return again, the twat is full of shit, who has ruined a great club, i will never forgive him, and all the fan stuff from him was a load of shit.

20. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Quite ironic really that it turned out the only people Mel Morris had on strings was the Derby fans who believed his bullshit :laugh:

RedDogChris likes this.