1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn't know where else to put this...

Discussion in 'History & Literature' started by Fo Shizzle, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Was watching Band of Brothers earlier and I thought to myself...what would a World War 3 look like if it kicked off tomorrow? Where would it most likely be fought? What kind of tactics would be used taking into account the devastating technology everyone has access to? Would it be the end of civilization as we know it?

2. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    North Korea would nuke everyone and win in about a week.

3. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    If there was another world war, it would truly be global. Anywhere would be at risk of a bomb being dropped given their range these days.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. Adam

Adam Are you cereal?

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hard to say without knowing where it'd begin, but lets say it starts over Korea somehow and it's basically NATO/Japan/South Korea against...China/Russia/North Korea. Also take nukes out of it because that'd spoil it :laugh:

That'd be pretty wild :laugh: and I guess it'd be a rerun of the Korean War to begin with and WW2 all over again in Europe. I can't even imagine a war between advanced, modern armies, it hasn't happened since WW2 in a lot of respects.

5. Andy

Andy Formerly Manutdlegend

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You could argue that the war on terror was world war 3?

Most of the world's armies were involved in it anyway.

6. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Realistically it'll be fought with Cyber attacks and Nuclear weapons, a pretty chilling prospect :laugh:.

7. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    It would be over in an hour. Those neutral countries that don't get nuked with slowly starve during the nuclear winter.

H-bombs are so powerful, even if you aren't near an explosion, you will still get hit.

Edit: go watch threads for inspiration. Horribly miserable film and terrifying.

The art of covential war with strategy and tactics is long gone.

8. Purple Bananaa

Purple Bananaa Alienation

Supports:
    Charlton Athletic
    I don't even think nukes will be used in the event of WW3 as they are too destructive so there is no point. The only way they'll be used is if it is against a nation which doesn't have any as there is no threat of retalliation

If, for example, Russia called our bluff and invaded Europe triggering NATO, would you expect a nuclear exchange? I would personally put money on conventional forces being used as a nuke by either side ends humanity. You would rather be defeated than destroy life on earth imo. This is if people are rational of course.

The real spanner in the works is religious fundamentalism. If you believe in the afterlife you might be more inclined to use nukes as your life on earth isn't particularly valuable.

#8 Purple Bananaa, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017