1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomatic immunity

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jonny Ninja, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name

Supports:
    West Ham United
    For anyone who thinks we should be closer aligned to the US than Europe, here is a good example of how much they value our relationship. This woman was advised to leave the country by the US ambassadors department. A young lad is dead and neither the embassy, or the piece of shit that was driving the car, give a toss. And a family is left devastated with no chance of justice

Absolute disgrace and I have no confidence our government will do anything

2. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    It's a bullshit agreement in any regards.
    Im not even sure what purpose it serves?
    The poor family unlikely to ever get any kind of justice and closure.

Super_horns and Jonny Ninja like this.
  3. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    Its absolutely stinks, Bojo won't don't do anything, his boss The Don will have already told him to act stupid and it will go away like everything else.

4. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I feel for the lads family, they deserve to see a proper investigation carried out, and nobody should be above the law. It's bad enough that she scarpered, but it rubs salt in the wounds when the ambassadors office actual advised her to get out of the country. Us plebs are still worth less than our privileged overlords in their eyes.

5. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    It dates back to the early 60's and the cold war, it was meant to protect Ambassadors and their families being the victims of trumped up charges in countries where the law was under military control or possibly corrupt. It's now hopelessly out of date and totally unnecessary, hopefully if one good thing comes out of this tragedy it will be an international review of this nonsense, but I won't hold my breath. The lad's parents have even said they don't want the woman involved to be put in jail as she has her own kids, and it was an accident, they just want her to stand up in court and admit it was her fault.

Soup Ladle, Tshabs and Richard like this.
  6. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Wow so well and truly being exploited then.
    Remarkable that their not looking for jail either. Just admittance I guess.

7. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    The more you think about it the worse it is. Being related to a diplomat means you can just kill people. Amazing.

SamB_SCFC, JoshBCFC and Jonny Ninja like this.
  8. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    This applies to every country to be honest. I'm sure there are examples of similar stuff happening in every country, unfortunately.

Richard likes this.
  9. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Its always irritated me this, how these people can do just about anything they want and claim immunity, ridiculous.

FranniesTache likes this.
  10. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    My understanding is the woman responsible had only been in the UK for a couple of weeks and was driving on the wrong side of the road. A stupid mistake certainly but probably not something she'd have been jailed for, and then of course she assured the police that she had no plans to leave the country just before she packed her bags. :(

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  11. We could do with a few untouchable politicians in the mould of Lavrentiy Beria. Someone to strike the fear into society, reminding the public of their worth. Otherwise we get a society like ours where the people put too much stock in their opinions.

12. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wales
    No idea why anyone should be above the law. America very rarely sends its own citizens to other countries if there is an arrest warrant issued for them so not expecting the Yanks to send her to the UK. Is disgusting that the bitch did a runner and there is nothing we can do. The next time America wants one of our people then please tell them to piss off. No doubt they want Assange.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  13. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Is this in the right thread? Either way Beria was executed so hardly untouchable? (Yes I did have to look this up ;))

Flip Duckling likes this.
  14. Only by a coup to eliminate him from power. That's the only way he could be stopped.

Let these politicians have more immunity, I say. Things will be better if we can be ruled over by satisfied and powerful leaders, not numpties getting merked by citizens on the high street.

15. Dez

Dez Likely to cause offence.

Supports:
    Wrexham
    Aye, they could openly have orgies with children in the House of Commons then, rather than have to claim expenses for hotels, fixers and lawyers. Think of the savings the taxpayer could make!

Flip Duckling likes this.
  16. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Trump to speak to the woman involved. :eeek

17. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    Based on what Trump has said (it was an accident, easy thing to do because of opposite side of the road) the best we can hope for is she returns to UK with full immunity and takes part in a PR stunt with boys parents where she cries a lot and says she is sorry.

18. The US will probably just foot a bill like they did with Otto Warmbier. If there's no moral justice then at least the family can be financially compensated. Crude as it is.

19. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
  20. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester