1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Kings of Europe General Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Dan, May 29, 2012.

1. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    This season he's performed well. However, he's never played in Europe or internationally and this is seemingly his first good season ever bar last season where he only scored 1/3 games... I know he's only young but that is a massive gamble for the rumoured €60m+ release clause.

2. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Costa has a below average record in Europe...

He plays just like Costa in all honesty. Tough, hard working, and great instincts in front of goal. Perfect Conte type player. I'd even be tempted to say that he has better link up play than Costa.

I am 80% sure Costa will be gone in the summer, especially if Atletico come knocking. I'd rather we spend the money on a player that can fit the system instead of a 'big name' signing.

3. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    If he costs the reported fee surely he is a big name signing? Costa didn't play upfront very often tbf. I pretty much discount anything that anyone ever does in the Serie A tbh, it's an utter joke of a league.

4. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    He's played 4 season where he has been the focal point?

And Andrea has 15 goals in a very defensive minded league whilst playing with a mid table club in Torino. There is definitely quality there.

5. jimbobfc

jimbobfc Registered User

Supports:
    Neutral
    Bit off topic here! Although you Chelsea fans are enjoying a brilliant season thus far, do you miss those European trips? Well, if so how do you feel about two European games over a weekend? Do the likes of Borussia Dortmund and Ajax and nights out in Amsterdam and Dusseldorf sound appealing? If so send me a message :)

6. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I need an adult

StillHurts31 likes this.
  7. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Again, It's tough to judge anything anyone does in Italy as the league really doesn't seem to transfer well.

8. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Can be said about any league tbf.

9. StillHurts31

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Not even nearly as often as the Italian league.

10. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Costa back with the first team after training alone due to a lower back issue. Club confirms there was no bust up between him and Conte and there was no supposed 30 mill a year offer from Tianjin Quanjian.

Media trying to desperately put us in the headlines and dismantle our season yet again with BS.

Missing a game due to a lower back issue = Fall out with the club due to a huge China offer.

Can't believe they get paid for this. Anyway, welcome back Guv'nor :disco

11. SaddlerJack

SaddlerJack Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    He might of got a offer from China but he could of rejected it for all we or the media know.

I never really thought for one second Costa would leave you for China midway through the season.

12. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Conte confirms Musonda Jr will be staying for the remainder of the season.

Nice to see Conte rate him that highly and in all honesty, its a breath of fresh air finally having a manager that is willing to give youth a chance.

That is now 5 youth players in the first team, 3 of them being club products.

Dan likes this.
  13. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, maybe Conte is taking a different approach this window. Recalling players from loan instead of signing new players? Ake, Kenedy and Musonda?

Kenedy and Ake are versatile, can cover a number of positions and it would be refreshing to see Musonda get a few minutes too.

Bertrand Traore can play as a winger can't he? I know he prefers being a striker but I would love us to give Tammy 3rd striker spot. 15 goals for Bristol so far who are 19th in championship, only 19 too. Big future.

14. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    A sad, but necessary transfer. Branislav Ivanović has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract with Zenit. He should earn €5M p/y.

He's been on the decline for ages now, and Conte really is getting rid of the dead weight, which I am over the moon for. But, unlike Mikel and Oscar, Ivanovic always wore his heart on his sleeve and was crucial in our recent success.

Here are my top 3.

3. Liverpool Brace 2009

2. Game winner against Napoli 2012

1. Winner against Benfica in Europa League Final 2013

Blue through and through. You will be missed Bane.

15. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Diego Costa to sign mega £57million new #Chelsea contract worth £220,000 a week after turning down China move:

16. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Reckon we will be playing Conte's preferred 4-2-4 and/or 3-5-2 next season, should we get our transfer targets.

Lukaku-------Morata
    Hazard-----------------------------------Pedro
    Tolisso--------Kante

Lukaku------Morata
    Fabregas
    Tolisso-----------Kante

17. Chopper

Chopper Looking down on you...

Well, that's a bombshell...if reports are true, obvs. In one way it will be good to be rid of another 'ugly' player, who draws opprobrium down on our beautiful club, but finding a replacement for such an all-round brilliant striker seems a bit of a long-shot, certainly in time to be a force in the Champions League. I'll put my proverbial neck on the block and say I really don't want Lukaku, at all - if he's Conte's choice, then he obviously sees more in his game than I do, or at least he sees the potential for Lukaku to a much better player than he's shown so far - not to mention the fact that he's an arrogant sod, and it's noticeable that his Everton team-mates often went to celebrate with the creator than the guy standing alone giving it the full Christiano.

Oh well, time will tell - I didn't like Drogba at the start, due to his theatrics, but eventually he won me over, hah.

18. Sapper245

Sapper245 Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Lukaku does seem to go missing in big games he does seem to be Billy no mates at Everton lol was listening to talksport last night and Everton fans are not bothered weather he goes or not...
    Personnally i coundn't care weather Costa goes. Great on his day but such a liability another and so frustrating to watch. Second half of the season his first touch was awful. Against Man U away spent more time falling on the floor trying to win free kicks than playing we could even see thay weren't free kicks from up in the stands.

19. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Costa is for sure the best striker we've had, even better than Drogba He was great at cup finals but he is nowhere near the clinical finisher like Costa is.

Difficult situation really as he's abit of a knob but I don't think we'll be able to find a striker as good as him.

20. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Conte got sacked lads. Just like last year.