1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 2020 - Qualifying Draw

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Crespo, Dec 2, 2018.

1. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Unfortunately that's the diffetence between NI and other International teams. The quality of our players is so bad we need to play well for the whole game, and create several chances, to even stand a chance of scoring. Germany play well for 20 minutes, score, and play badly for 70 minutes and still create two good opportunities.

2. HPC2

HPC2 29 years and counting

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Beaten by a quality strike in the first half and they put the gloss on with the second.

i was worried with all the injuries and call offs we had how it would turn out but we took it to Germany for a bit, Washington just couldn't scrap it over the line in the first half and Dallas going wide in the Second.

See how we get on against the Dutch away now.

PorkchopExpress likes this.
  3. The only Greek here

The only Greek here Registered User

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    By the way, San Marino, the worst team in UEFA, is the first team to be eliminated with 4 games to go. In their 6 games, they got 0 points, scored 0 goals and conceded 28!

Latvia, (0 points), Azerbaijan (1 point), Gibraltar (0 points) and Estonia (0 points) can't progress via the groups and can only hope to qualify though the UNL playoffs...

4. The only Greek here

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    ice_screenshot_20190910-144019.png

This the overview of how things stand right now, so we can get a proper understanding.

The teams in green are in a position to qualify (no one has secured his qualification) and teams in blue will have a chance to qualify via the Nations League.

League A playoffs are: Netherlands, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia (gets passed on)
    League B is: Austria, Wales, Czech Republic, Scotland (gets passed on)
    League C is: Norway, Serbia, Bulgaria, Israel
    League D is: Georgia, N. Macedonia, Belarus, Luxembourg.

The teams in each bracket will fight for one spot, so 4 teams will qualify via the Nations League.

Everything can chance of course. Every national team expect San Marino can qualify for the EURO 2020!

5. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Quite a big defeat for Iceland tonight against Albania. Turkey won meaning they’re now on 15 with France while Iceland have fallen behind

Another good win today, 5-1 and Ronaldo scored 4 which takes him above Robbie Keane’s record of 23 goals in European qualifying

#145 Donnyrovers90, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  6. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    Portugal’s 2nd goal against Lithuania gets my vote for goal of the year...

You don’t see that every day

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  7. The only Greek here

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    I think it was a mistake from the Lithuanian keeper, but scoring 4 goals at 34...who expected that?

CR7 is still the captain, the man of Portugal, no Joao Felixs can be better than him!

Personally, I think that Portugal without Ronaldo would not beat Mexico 4-0 without Ronaldo...

8. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    Even at 34 I’m not surprised he scored 4 against Lithuania...

They’re one of the worst teams in the world and their players are 1 level above “semi-professional”...

I read that the extra bounce was from a hole in front of the keeper.

Aside from the 4 goals.. Ronaldo didn’t have a very good game, it was simply a terrible team that gave him atleast 20 chances.

9. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    Scores 4 goals. Terrible performance though:laugh:

Schindler and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  10. The only Greek here

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    Well, they are a bad team, but using this logic, every top player like Griezmann, Kane or Mbappe should be scoring hatricks, but they do not.

Mind you Ronaldo would have scored 5, if that stupid coach Santos had not subbed him off...

11. Donnyrovers90

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Grow up:laugh: did you watch the game ?

12. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    Kane scored a hat trick a few days ago against Bulgaria...
    As Cristiano Ronaldo.. against a team like lithuania its possible to have a poor performance and score 4 goals. Keep in mind there are 10 top players, on top teams with Ronaldo on the field who are set up to get him the ball... Meanwhile Lithuania's best player is on a team called "Be'er Sheva" being paid the wage of a physio therapist.

Watch the game, I never said Ronaldo was Terrible, but it was a below average performance with alot of wasted balls and he looked weirdly awkward, falling on his face a few times.

I did, I guess you didn't, read my above post.

13. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    The main object in football is to score goals. Never got when people complain about a goalscorer scoring goals. Suppose he should be helping out at right back and having a go in nets to make it a decent performance

14. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    Completely agree with the first part. Watch the game.

Portugal had 30 shots on Lithuania, 15 by Ronaldo. Of his 4 goals 1 was a penalty and 1 was an accident. which leaves 2 out of 13 against Lithuania.

Portugal could and should have had 8 or more goals, Ronaldo wasted an unusual amount of balls.

15. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    In his own words "you dont shoot, you dont score"

16. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    Can't argue with that logic, but in football... Sometimes you shoot, when other players could have scored... sometimes you do it 10 times in one game..

Team sport

17. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    Portugal arent a great side and he's carried them for years. Its a simple game when you break it down, especially against smaller nations.

18. Ajjaro

Ajjaro Registered User

Supports:
    Good Football
    I think they're underestimated.. Keep in mind they beat france to win the Euros without Ronaldo on the field. I'd say he hasn't had to carry them for atleast 3 years now.

William Carvalho, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Joao Felix, Ronaldo, Neves, Cancelo.... all in the same lineup...

Bernardo Silva is playing out of his skin for Portugal lately with 5 assists in the last 2 games.

Portugal is only lacking in the CB position imo

Not the same depth as france for example, but portugal has 4 maybe 5 players who would walk into their starting lineup.

19. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    They were, some good players starting to show now as you say. But thats why Ronaldo is key, he is the goalscorer.

20. Donnyrovers90

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I did watch the game and I just find it odd that you thought he ‘didn’t have a very good game’. 4 goals in one game, no matter how they’re scored does not suggest he had a bad game.

Also, the reliance on Ronaldo would be a lot less if we didn’t have such a defensive manager in Santos. I love the guy for everything he’s done with us, but with this group of players the euros has to be his last major tournament.

Bernardo has been incredible recently, he used to struggle to impact the game for the national team because he would be shoved out wide without playing to his strengths but we play a narrower 4-2-2-2 the last couple of games which has ensured he’s at the focal point of the attack

Ajjaro likes this.