1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europa League 2019/20

Discussion in 'Uefa Champions League & Europa League' started by DarkSithLord, Jul 9, 2019.

1. DarkSithLord

DarkSithLord Registered User

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    New season of the Europa League has begun.First qualifying round action begun today

Rangers have just taken the lead against St Josephs of Gibralatar via Ryan Jack.

2. DarkSithLord

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    Finished 4-0. Goals from Jack,Ojo,Goldson and Morelos

3. VJIADIS

VJIADIS Registered User

Supports:
    MU
    My another 2 predictions for tommorow games:

Kairat Almaty vs Siroki Brijeg Prediction 18 July 2019

Kairat Almaty hosts Siroki Brijeg in the second leg of the Europa League qualification 1/8 finals. The match will be played on Thursday, July 18th at Almaty Ortalyk Stadion (Almaty)

Kairat ranks third in the Kazakhstan championship, stably showing a good game. The team played the match with Qaisar surprisingly well. It was held between these two qualification games and ended with a hammering 5:1 score. In general, with such a game, the team will definitely compete with Tobol and Astana for the first place.

The Bosnian team Siroki Brijeg has not started the season yet. The team took third place in the past championship, and now it plays cup and friendly matches. After the game with Kairat, the team rested, preparing for the away game.

The last match between the two rivals was rather equal. Siroki Brijeg, as befits the hosts, tried to attack and shoot on goal, but Kairat was more fortunate. Two guest goals allow Kairat to kill the clock a little, and any draw will suit them. But if it hadn’t been in Kazakhstan with native fans, it would have been possible. Kairat will most likely take the initiative and try to win this second game. And there is nothing left for Siroki Brijeg except opening and trying to score a quick goal. But I think that the hosts will gain victory.

Prediction for the match: Kairat Almaty to win

Niedercorn vs Cork City Prediction 18 July 2019

Progres Niedercorn hosts Cork City in the second leg of the Europa League qualification 1/8 finals. The match will be played on Thursday, July 18th at Stade Municipal de la Ville de Differdange (Differdange)

Progres has already played 3 games in this Europa League. In the previous stage, the team from Luxembourg beat Cardiff Metropolitan on average. Progres won the first home game and lost the second one, but it did not prevent Niedercorn from going further according to the average result. In the 1/8 finals, Progres also gained a good advantage before the return home game.

In addition to this defeat in the first match with Progres, Cork held one friendly game before that and lost to Preston. And the Citizens also played in the local championship. It should be said that their results are not very good - the team ranks seventh in the standings.

Progres is a favorite in my opinion. Representatives of Luxembourg hold their games more smoothly. The team held 3 games after the end of the Luxembourg championship. In the preliminary stage, they passed (as already said) Cardiff on the average of two games and already had experience of victory over Cork. And I note that Progres performs very well at home. In 2019, the team suffered only 1 defeat in the home arena. Cork does not shine in away games, and the last victory was recorded far in May. That is, the Irish victories cannot win for 9 games in a row. Well, the first game also proved that Progres is a bit stronger as free football betting tips told. I think the advantage of 2 goals is not so weighty, so the hosts will not relax. They will rather wait for the visitors' mistakes and use counterattacks. Perhaps they will focus on defensive actions, I do not exclude such an option. Therefore, I think that Progres will gain at least a draw.

Prediction for the match: Niedercorn to win with 0.0 handicap

4. DarkSithLord

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    Aberdeen through 4-2 on agg against Rovaniemi.

5. Benji

Benji Registered User

Supports:
    expected goals
    Connah's Quay smashed Kilmarnock today to progress to the next qualification round of the Europea League.

Taffy likes this.
  6. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Not a great start for the new manager..

7. HPC2

HPC2 29 years and counting

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Any wolves from here going to Seaview?

Bring a coat no matter what, it’s always cold.

The Club bar is good and has 2 levels so should let you in. Nowhere to drink near the ground anymore so it’s Belfast City Centre really.

Jezza likes this.
  8. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    Draw for Qualifying round 3 is at 1pm - if we both got through we could potentially play Rangers.

Buzzing for Thursday - first European game in over 40 years. Think we will play our best 11 and try to take a good lead into the away game, and then rest a few if the score allows.

9. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  10. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    Don't think Jablonec are awful, they beat us 1-0 the other year albeit in a friendly. I expect us to take these games seriously and play our strongest team in them though so hopefully we will get through as we are seeded in all 3 qualifying rounds.

11. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    Will you be going to either?

I'm super jealous. Would have loved a weird away day like either of those two.

12. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    Unfortunately not - as long as we progress I will be going to some with larger allocations but these will be like rocking horse shit - we have more "gold AST holders" than the allocation we will be given so I expect some to go to a ballot.

Steve - Wfc likes this.
  13. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    Well, good luck. Hopefully you get someone.

The perks of supporting Watford is that our fanbase isn't too big, so getting away tickets is often quite easy :)

14. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Can I just say. Watching the Wolves game and their cheap rip off of the Bobby song (for Jimenez) is making me sick. Vile bunch of orange yam yams.

15. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    They'll be erecting the scaffolding seating at Seaview for Wolves coming to town:laugh:

16. The only Greek here

The only Greek here Registered User

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    Congratulations to Atromitos for the 2-1 away win!

17. DarkSithLord

Supports:
    Alfreton Town
    Comfortable win for Wolves tonight against a game Crusaders side.

Pyunik Yerevan of Armenia up next

Aberdeen made short work of their Georgian opponments too

18. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Strasbourg got past Haïfa with great difficulty tonight. 3-1 up from the 1st leg (very much by a penalty+sending off whilst 0-1 down) and a goal up soon enough but the Alsace outfit conceded 2 goals in quick succession (the 2nd goal a ridiculously route one goal that shouldn't have been conceded) and Haïfa were just a goal away from scoring to put the game to extra-time/penalties. Some very weak defending and very weak character by Strasbourg this evening.

Plovdiv from Bulgaria are next. Here's hoping.

19. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Straßburg! :D

Eintracht Frankfurt is our qualifying team.
    Last years Europa League Semi-finalist ( went out after penalty shootout after they drew both matches 1-1 against later winner Chelsea) had to play for the first time in the 3rd qualifying round against Estonian club Flora Tallinn.

Both times they won 2-1. The 2nd leg yesterday was sold out in very short time. Really Europa League crazy these Eintracht Fans.
    Unfortunately they lost nearly their whole attack, Jovic to Real Madrid, Haller to West Ham. I hope that they won't lose Rebic too (rumours still on that Inter Milan is interested).

20. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    As much as Nuno likes to stick with our best 11, we need to play some other players on Thursday, not only because we have Leicester 3 days after a trip to Armenia but because of the Europa qualifiers we have only had 2 friendlies. Saiss, Vinagre and Ruddy in particular could do with starts, will also be the perfect opportunity to start both Vallejo and Cutrone and get them used to playing the system.