1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europa League 2019/20

Discussion in 'Uefa Champions League & Europa League' started by DarkSithLord, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Haha fair, I missed the first game as I was on holiday. Living literally 30 minutes from the stadium I was so desperate for an English team.

When wolves were drawn I couldn’t believe my luck. Then Besiktas was closed doors. Wolves whilst I was away (and in the end also closed doors), I was really pissed off. Funnily enough with a bit of fortune Slovan Vs Braga could be the most perfect set up of them all!

2. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Brilliant night on Thursday for Celtic, second half we upped our game and outplayed Lazio all over the park. There is talk of Savic going to the English Prem for £80 million, well if he is worth that what is Callum McGregor worth as he played around him like he wasn't there at times and Scott Brown was immense again.

Scott Brown will never get the accolades he deserves as some view him as having a safe career by not going to England at any point but once again in Europe he proves his worth.

On a serious side note though, UEFA really need to step in and start punishing nations who can not control their people when visiting fans come over. Three stabbings took place when Celtic were over there and small groups of fans were routinely attacked by Lazio thugs with no Police in sight.

That is Liverpool fans, Sevilla fans and now Celtic fans who have ended up on the end of a knife over in Rome, they need chucked out of all European competitions.

Leivapool, SALTIRE, Minty and 3 others like this.
  3. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    They are more interested in attacking defenseless older fans than they are in the ****ing football score, scum bags.

4. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    On a more relevant note well done Rangers & especially Celtic, to have qualified and Rangers to have nearly qualified from two ****ing horrendous groups is a massive achievement.

5. Dirk

Dirk HA-ES-VAU

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    And last season, Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League, too. Not stabbed but some Lazio "fans" (they're no football fans) beat the hell out of 2 Eintracht fans. Then they showed the fascist salute/ Hitler Gruß to the Eintracht fans (the irony!) in the stadium. Utter scum these Lazio fans. The club has to be banned from European competitions.

Eintracht beat Lazio both times, that's the best answer you can give. Good that Celtic won, too.

Attached Files:

Leivapool and Celtic Symphony like this.
  6. Wolves n Proud

Wolves n Proud Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Reports of Wolves fans been attacked in Porto ahead of our game with Braga by Standard Liege fans also there for their game at Guimaraes.

7. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Official Sky Sports Source

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Can confirm.

My mate is out there and said the fans were rushed by Liege fans. They dove into some bar where they stayed for a while thinking they were safe before someone pulled a knife out on him

:/

8. Wolves n Proud

Supports:
    Wolves
    Yep, Wolves fan has been hospitalised with a fractured cheek bone, eye socket and nose.

Upto 6000 Wolves fans are expected in Porto and I can see retaliations if they haven't started already.

9. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Official Sky Sports Source

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Same mate just messaged to say they're on the train to Braga now and one Wolves fan has just glassed another and the bloke is in a bad way.

10. Wolves n Proud

Supports:
    Wolves
    Yes that's been reported on our main forum. Shocking. Completely unprovoked attack from what people are saying.

11. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Pitch doesn't look great in this Wolves game.

12. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Wolves absolutely brilliant, fans terrific too. Try telling them that qualifying for the Europa League was a bad thing now :laugh:

I've said from the start that I think they could go all the way and win it, and playing like they are today they're showing they can. Obviously there's a long way to go, but they're good enough to do it for sure.

How good is Jimenez by the way, great at scoring goals but he's so much more than that. One of the best strikers in the Prem, two assists as well as a goal already.

The Doc and Dingle like this.
  13. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Wolves already 3-1 up .

Looking very good .

Dingle likes this.
  14. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    They have took it serious and fair play to them hope they go far.

15. MrE

MrE Registered User

Supports:
    Porto sure are a long way from the Champions League quarters this season... what happened?

16. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    About 25,000 expected at the Emirates tonight. The fans really have had enough of not only the manager but this competition.

Xhaka starts...and David Luiz is in midfield!

17. Wolves n Proud

Supports:
    Wolves
    So it was you who ****ed it for us ;) :laugh:

Never thought I'd find myself dissapointed with the result which guaranteed last 32 in Europe but here we are.

No longer in our hands but hopefully win the group in GW6

18. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Probably perfect for Xhaka to have his first game back, have to turn over to watch Celtic for the atmosphere, if there own fans aren't interested then i'm not.

19. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Sorry, it looked so secure :laugh: it's a bad half hour or so, but I don't think it matters too much to be honest. Yeah you might go through in second which may be a harder game, but no one's going to want to draw you. Pitch was shocking mind and can't have helped.

20. TheTouchLine

TheTouchLine Registered User

Oh you poor sods, having to put up with European football.

Philip The Frog likes this.