1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA Cup 18/19

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by Super_horns, Oct 8, 2018.

1. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Expected we'd be the Sunday given the fixtures either side of the cup. Good to see they televised Barnet too.

Chelsea v Wednesday / Luton 6pm on the Sunday.

Squeezing another new kickoff time in to the weekend. Won't be long before you've got 10 televised Premier League games a week.

2. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    If we get through can we borrow those banners you had in the last round? Absolute c*nts at BT sport have possibly f*cked the best away we've had in seasons.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  3. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Well most of them are on TV now with his new International broadcast deal ..

Good selections generally and nice to see Barnet get on - BTdo a good job of non - league football .

4. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    7 live games seems excessive in itself but some of these kick off times are a joke.

I could never get up for a Monday night game unless it was a title decider, it's just not a day for football outside of a bank holiday. Sunday evening is just as bad. Any later than the 4pm game and you're winding down what's left of your weekend, not getting ready to go to a match. At least they've had the good grace to put a London derby on for the Saturday night as the trains will still run after the game.

I was right at least with the 6 I said would be on. Good for Barnet, Wimbledon and Accrington who along with United-arsenal and Millwall are the pick of the ties.

#644 ritchie_50, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Two london derbies on at sensible times, one game where the fans potentially have to travel 251miles during train strikes put on at lunchtime.

BT don't do a good job of anything other than f*cking us over.

6. ritchie_50

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Problem is just about any time they moved it too would do the same. Friday night, Saturday evening, Saturday night, Sunday evening, Monday night.

The ideal time is 3pm on a Saturday.

7. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    I honestly wouldn't have minded the Sunday, even with the 12:30. It's good for Accy to get some money from TV as it'll make a huge difference to them, but the strikes on Northern have been known about for a long time, and they're on the saturday only.

To make fans potentially travel that far on a day you know there's strikes for an early kick off is a f*cking disgrace if you ask me

8. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
  9. GDP

GDP Palace

Millwall vs Everton 5.30pm Saturday afternoon kick off..... :laugh:

Magnificent planning, bravo! Why on earth that kick off time wasn't swapped with the Accrington Stanley game is a monumental mind boggler.

That will be chaos at the New Den.

FranniesTache likes this.
  10. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    I'm amazed that MET have let that go ahead to be honest.

11. ritchie_50

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Early Sunday is probably the only time where you could get there and back on the train that day though out of the 7 tv slots.

Sadly BT won't even think about stuff like train strikes.

Two London derbies as night games is at least somewhat sensible.

12. GDP

GDP Palace

This reminds me of a few years back when Millwall played Wigan at Wembley, late kick off and the FA said that there would be enough stewards and Old Bill there to keep order. Well we all know how that one turned out, fookin bedlam.

After the game they said they learned their lesson and wouldn't make the same mistake again.....

Literally shocked when I saw those KO times.

13. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Exactly and it's the one i expected/was hoping for. Instead we get this f*cking shit show. God i hate modern football and the tv viewers it's spawned

Stan_Drews likes this.
  14. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Monday night has been part of football long enough now that it doesn't overly bother me, evening games usually have a better atmosphere so even if it's a Monday it's better than the lunchtime weekend games. It's an inconvenience for away fans though which is the issue.

Sunday evening is just unnecessary though. It's the one evening in a week you don't really have any football on and as you say, you begin to wind down.

You've got games televised for the Friday night game, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday 5ish, Saturday evening, Sunday 12ish, Sunday 2ish, Sunday 4ish, Monday night football and now they've added Sunday 6ish into the schedule. It's nine potential TV slots, you'd fancy them to add either a Sunday 8pm game or a Saturday/Sunday morning game in soon enough just to round off the 10 game weekend for the top flight.

It shouldn't be allowed. I've passed up on away games in the past because there's no way of getting home.

One of the biggest selling points that they always advertise is the passion and atmospheres in the stands and then do nothing to help those that actually sell that product.

Football needs a massive boycott / walk out weekend but it'll never happen. Even as unhappy as our fans have been this season, you're still getting minimum 30,000 at Wembley with the aid of daytrippers / tourists and we sell out every away game.

15. skull

skull Registered User

Supports:
    cliftonville/everton/celtic

as long as the clubs keep getting the dosh they don't care.

16. Stan_Drews

Stan_Drews Registered User

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Not cup related but our game at Norwich which is now on Friday night cost myself and others the train tickets we had booked in advance for the Saturday game.

Nowhere to go in terms of complaint.

17. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    It such a ballache when that happens, apparently there's an early day motion in parliament at the moment around a "fans fare" for trains (backed by the FSF). The idea is that rail companies would honour the tickets on the day of the game if the game gets moved.

It'd certainly save me a small fortune as there's always really good deals on trains but you can't take them because you don't know the TV fixtures. If you could pre-buy and have them honoured if they were moved it'd be amazing, you could bulk buy away day trains in advance or when there's a sale on.

Stan_Drews likes this.
  18. Stan_Drews

Stan_Drews Registered User

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Ain’t being funny but who the feck wants to watch Norwich v Blues? Apart from non attending fans of both clubs? And on a Friday night?

No fecker does let’s be honest.

I couldn’t tell you the last time I watched a full live game on telly and that includes England games despite having Sky Sports in two rooms. Complete overkill has deadened the anticipation I used to have at watching a whole game live on TV.

19. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    I'd like to say we have a great chance against Spurs with their fixture pile-up and the potential absence of Kane, Moura and Son, but they'll still blag a 0-1 win for the 500th time in a row at Selhurst.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  20. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Fancy Blackburn turn over Newcastle tonight