1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA Cup 19/20

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by c.bland96, Aug 10, 2019.

1. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    Have to say, this season's FA Cup has to go down as one of the dullest in recent memory. Arguably the dullest to be frankly honest. Has there actually been a shock result? Before anyone states a mid-to-high Championship side beating a lower Premier League side (who have likely made about 8 changes to their squad) in the 3rd round, please don't as that is not a genuine shock result. No Championship or other Football League sides in the Quarter Finals either, first time i can ever recall that happening. Finally, how depressing must it be for Sheff Utd and their fans, having their best season in decades, yet they cannot overcome an Arsenal side who are one of the worst for many a season.

Four of the Big Six sides in the semi finals and chances are given the way finances are weighted in football now that this is going to be a frequent thing going forward. Amazing to say it as a Wigan supporter, however, our FA Cup win in 2013 may well be the last cup win by a smaller team for a very long time. It is part of a very strong wave of predictability sweeping through football at present (even England is not immune to it) and it is a very worrying sign for the game

2. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool

His head is the shape of a sweet peanut and too large to cover with a king size quilt.

3. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Are we supposed to feel sorry for Sheffield United? It’s their own fault they couldn’t beat a terrible Arsenal. It’s not like they were robbed by poor officiating. They are above us in the league, they should be beating us :shrug

And as Wilder said, they were practically full strength.

4. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    You been in bed with him?

5. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    No ,we both agreed it was too early to be seen in public,or at least until Jacamo made a hoodie for men with an impossibly large swede.

Apparently they've used up all their material fashioning one for Joe Royle .

6. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    I do agree it is their own fault that they were unable to beat Arsenal yesterday, especially given how Arsenal have played all campaign. However, it just shows how much of a gap there is between the elite clubs nowadays and the rest even when Sheff Utd are having the best season they have had in decades that they still cannot overcome an Arsenal side who are having their worst season.

20 years ago when squad sizes were much smaller and the dice wasnt as loaded in favour of bigger clubs like it is now, Sheff Utd would have won that game. Now, even despite Sheff Utd having their best season in decades and Arsenal their worst, you can still not make a great case for Sheff Utd to win. I even thought before yesterday's games that Arsenal would beat Sheff Utd and Chelsea would beat Leicester.

I wasn't singling out Arsenal or Sheff Utd in my post, I just used it as an example. The major gripe in it was that the FA Cup just like all other tournaments is beginning to lose its magic. There are barely any shocks nowadays in the competition. Man Utd had practically a second string side out on Saturday night, yet still overcame Norwich with a relative degree of control (even if it took them till extra time to do it)

7. The Doc

The Doc I'm you huckleberry

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Even if two of results were different you could of still had 4 of the actual top 7 in semi finals.

City are probably gonna sleep walk into the final tbh, and Utd and Arsenal have had similar walks to SF though have both played teams currently above them (or around them in league) in league.

8. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'm just grateful Liverpool are no longer involved ,couldn't hack another celebration thread ;)

Coloradoflyer01 and The Doc like this.
  9. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    City have a lot more money than UEFA. They'll have the better lawyers and all that bollocks.

Guess we'll find out this week...

10. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    City Arsenal Saturday
    United Chelsea Sunday

11. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The new results aren’t to determine if the previous result is correct, it’s to determine if the previous process followed the correct process from my understandings.

Also, it was the hopefully part I was querying.

12. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Ah right. I like City. I like Pep. I want to see them in Europe next season and if he can't do it this year I wanna see them win it with Pep.

With it being a 30 minute train away I'd quite like to get to a CL game next season. Supporting Bradford, it's nice knowing I can go watch the best footballing team in the world on the cheap. I've been to a few PL & FAC games and would like to tick off a CL game off the list.

13. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Ahh, one of those.

14. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Teams like it don’t come around too often. Got to enjoy whilst we can :whistle