1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA Cup 2017/18

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by Aldur, Jul 28, 2017.

1. The Unbeliever

The Unbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    LCFC
    Totally agree with that, personally it was always about more than the actual football rather the experience as a whole particularly when traveling away. Although I still attend these days it's mostly on my own and gradually over the years it's become an ever worsening experience.
    As I've stated before if I could watch every Leicester game live on tv it would be my preferred option these days, in fact it was the option I chose Sunday, rather than going to the game I watched it with a couple of mates who gave up attending years ago and although still gutted about the result it was a far more enjoyable experience than I would've had at the King Power.
    Unless ticket prices are slashed and large areas of stadiums are returned to non allocated standing I can't see it ever improving sadly.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just spotted this.

Watch it your in danger of losing my vote this year, that's assuming you have any interest in retaining your title. ;)

#2301 The Unbeliever, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
    davep likes this.
  2. saint_clark

saint_clark Up the Saints

Supports:
    Southampton
    Come on Chelsea boys don't let me down.

3. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Typically a couple weeks before. No exact date as of yet

4. Shane

Shane Welham shags dogs

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Me and Sean sat in club Wembley. Can't wait tbh. although I mirror other peoples disgrace at the price hike. I can't moan too much though as i'm very selective of the games I go to these days but that's a product of the price.

Anyway. Up the Saints. Few beers in London before the game and hopefully a big performance into the FA Cup final. Been a long time since I've seen us there!!

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  5. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Enjoy it Shane. We've only just announced our ticket news today.

I'm guaranteed a ticket assuming the system actually works properly. A lot of fans only have a three hour window to get their ticket or miss out :laugh:

Not sure why the club couldn't stagger it a bit better. Luckily I'm in phase 3 of 4 so have two opportunities to buy opposed to many who can only buy in phase 4, fully expecting it to go tits up next week.

Shane likes this.
  6. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Rather face Spurs in a final than Mourinho.

7. Shane

Shane Welham shags dogs

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Cheers mate. You too.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  8. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Got a yid mate who told me what your windows were and i pissed myself laughing, we've got a day between windows you have 3hours (and in one case 2.5hours) plus you pay £4 booking fee compared to our £1 :laugh:

I'd be seething with that if i was a Spurs fan, all it takes is your internet connection to go down or to be in a meeting and you miss a window, not to mention any issues with the site!

Anyway i got mine yesterday, £65 behind the goal, pretty much the same spot i had for both the JPT and the League Cup final, lets just hope the result is more like the first than the second please

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  9. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Yeah, in theory mine is only a 2.5 hour window (phase 3) but you're allowed to buy in a later phase so I could pick one up in phase 4 if I miss out on phase 3.

Really stuffs a lot of people though. I did see someone on Twitter yesterday saying they'd be on holiday and had to hope the internet connection was decent wherever they were going. Even on my part my window is 2:30-5pm on a work afternoon so how quick the system is depends on how focused I am on work next week.

The booking fees are a joke though. I hate them anyway but I figured they were standard amounts across the board. Think the booking fee is 'only' £2.40 though with a £2.50 delivery charge on top of that. Still higher than your £1 mind you. I presume/hope you're paying a separate delivery charge and not just the £1 :laugh:

10. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Nope the £1 covers everything, so no delivery charge on top, sounds like you lot are well and truly screwed over

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  11. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Sounds about right :laugh:

12. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Got my ticket this afternoon. Despite the restricted window it didn't actually take too long.
    In the upper tier because I wasn't paying stupid money for better seats. It's still cost me £50 mind you.

13. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    how are the ticket sales going for other clubs, we're selling really slowly as the ridiculous prices have put a lot of people off and i've heard from a chelsea mate that they're struggling to sell theirs too for the same reason.

The FA have really f*cked up the pricing on these games, when it's going to cost you £50 or £70 to have your kid sat pitch side it's verging on the immoral.

14. DeadlyDemon

Supports:
    Tottenham
    40,000 odd season ticket holders. Heard from a couple of friends (members) that have picked up tickets today.

Shocking it isn't season ticket holders only.

15. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    All st's who applied sorted, apparently 700 went up the other day and they were snapped up. Caved in and going now, on the lookout for another spare for a pal. Mad to think at least 20k ST's and all members would have no ticket.

Chelsea fella sits next to me at work, been through there whole phase and he has been given the chance to buy more which surprised me.

#2315 UnitedRoad, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Ticket sales have been shocking across all four clubs, the FA have absolutely f*cked up their pricing on this and the concession tickets are such a disgrace i actually think it should be looked into.

17. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
  18. UnitedRoad

Supports:
    -
    Just paid £80 face for another ticket.

It means us going are sorted, I'd never pay it usually but I know come 4pm Sunday with the sun out I'd regret not being inside.

But it s an utter pisstake... then again everyone's paid it so they are laughing to the bank.

#2318 UnitedRoad, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  19. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    £80 is a f*cking disgrace, but i bet you other clubs will use it as a stick to beat us with. Funny to think the skates struggled to sell out their final when it was £30 a ticket yet they'll be taking the piss about us now at more than double the price.

20. UnitedRoad

Supports:
    -
    How many have you sold?