1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA Cup 2017/18

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by Aldur, Jul 28, 2017.

1. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Yeah i know no one will boycott the final, unfortunately fans in this country don't have the backbone of fans in countries like Germany. Which means the FA will get away with this increase and then do another one in a couple of years.

I genuinely think we'll see a time when a ticket to a major final will pass £200, but by that point it'll be to late to do anything about.

2. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    They should be looking at the Southampton sales the other day and worrying.

Selling 40,000+ for a JPT game and struggling to sell 10,000 less than that for an fa cup semi final. It's shocking but they'll just hope it's a one off.

I'm sure £200 tickets aren't too far off. Id like to think at some point it'll burst but we just let it happen.

I was really tempted to pack it in but ended up renewing my season ticket in the end.
    "one more year" :rolleyes

3. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    We didn't take around 7000, partly that's cost, partly because the club royally screwed up how they were sold (i know a few that wanted to go but never qualified because the criteria was too harsh) and partly it's just because our fans are sick of the club at the moment.

In other circumstances i'd be pissed off at our support but i struggle to give a f*ck right now, the premier league has sapped our soul and made going to matches a lot f*cking worse.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  4. The Unbeliever

The Unbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    LCFC
    Football :laugh:, it's more addictive than nicotine ought to come with a health warning. ;)

DeadlyDemon and FranniesTache like this.
  5. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -

What a useless news report ffs :D

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  6. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Bit of handbags. Ridiculous :laugh:

7. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Can't see us winning. Aside Mourinho's record in cup finals, there is something about Conte's approach in cup games. Very reactive instead of proactive.

Can already see it panning out this way. We will score first, sit back until United equalise. Fail to make any postive changes until United eventually get the winner. Rinse and repeat.

I think the best approach is to start both Morata, Giroud, and Hazard. But that is so unlikely.

8. DarkMagician

DarkMagician #TheFinalPiece

Supports:
    Manchester United, Crvena Zvezda
    A lot of times this season we only start playing decent stuff after going down which is one of this club's main problems. While we did have some impressive comebacks this season, including against teams like Chelsea, City and Spurs, that's definitely not the situation I want to find us in on this occasion especially since Chelsea are definitely not among our favorite opponents and they know how to set up in these games.

Going to be a nervous wreck prior to the game as I will probably want the team to win this FA Cup even more than the one from two seasons ago.

9. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Yeah it must be so nerve wracking when your favourite tv program comes to it's series finale

10. DarkMagician

Supports:
    It is because nothing else is happening around ya. :laugh: Being there surrounded by loads of guys and watching from a different angle makes it easier to relax. At least that's the impression I got personally from one of the recent World Cup qualifiers I've been to.

11. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    I've read a lot of shit on this site but that takes the award for the biggest pile of horseturd i've had the misfortune of reading... :fail:

12. DarkMagician

Supports:
    First, you repetitively call me out on watching the game as a TV show like all my opinions are irrelevant because of that. Now, when I give one of the reasons why attending the game live is better, underlining for me personally as in the stands I am not restricted to just sitting and uncontrollably shaking like an unstable person, it's horseturd. Do some of you have to argue and disagree on everything in order to survive or something? :shrug Because I sure am never trying to p1ss any of you off first. Take a chill pill.

13. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Nothing to do with any of that, it's when people who watch a tv show try and make it sound like their experience is in anyway comparable to ours. It's not, and it never will be.

Pretty much everything else you say about the experience therefore is utter bollocks in my eyes.

By all means comment on the game, the tactics, the players, but don't put yourself across as a fan, or even understanding the fan experience, because it's clearly obvious you don't.

To claim it's more nervous watching on tv is utter, utter bullshit. Anyone that goes to games can tell you that. Because we've experienced both and know the feeling. Clearly you don't.

14. DarkMagician

Supports:
    You are right there and I didn't want to make it sound like that, my apologies if it came across that way. I said myself that going to the games is better because it's not just about the gameplay there. The company (known and unknown) and atmosphere are usually awesome. If I had the option I would go regularly, not just because of the whole experience but because out there I don't have to keep every negative emotion inside me for 90+ minutes. And in order to know that, I don't need to reach hundreds of games or whatever the number of them you guys have seen. I only need a few.

15. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    What we will start

Giroud---Hazard
    Fabregas
    Alonso---Bakayoko---Kante---Moses
    Rudiger---Cahill---Dave
    Courtois

What we should start
    Morata----Giroud
    Hazard
    Alonso---Bakayoko---Kante----Moses
    Rudiger---Cahill----Dave
    Courtois
    I will be quite surprised if we win given the circumstances.

16. DarkMagician

Supports:
    Surely Chelsea can't/won't deliver a total stinker at this grand stage, especially with the future of the manager and some of the players unknown...

17. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Slàinte mhath!

Supports:
    A guid dram
  18. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    Its with sadness that I won't be able to attend today's fixture :(

I'll be in a pub in gorton instead. I hope I can watch the game on TV and feel the emotion like real fans i.e. @FranniesTache. For what's it's worth I think we will get beat 2-1 :( nailed on Giroude will score

FranniesTache likes this.
  19. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    At the prices they're charging you i'm not f*cking surprised, it's an absolute piss take in my mind, there's plenty paying £200 for a cup final, that's a f*cking disgrace by anyone's definition.

Also f*ck Gorton, central manchester has much better pubs, the Briton's Protection is one of the best pubs in the country ;)

20. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    God, what a truly exciting FA Cup final this promises to be, not :rolleyes

Probably won't even watch it to be honest. I'd expect a dull as dish water 0-0 draw to be decided by pens or a 1-0 win either way. May throw a small bet on under 1.5 goals or the 0-0.

FA Cup final day has been diluted by moving it to a later kick off, the horribly corporate-like shitty ground and holding the semis at Wembley.

Bring back proper Cup Final days of the past with the day long build up on Grandstand and World of Sport ;) regardless of who was playing it was always fun and worth watching.

Where about is this and do they serve decent food (and is it scouser safe ;) ). I'm in Manchester a week Tuesday taking the daughter to a concert, me and me bird will have a few hours to kill and usually go for a bite to eat, but having a pretty strong scouse accent I always have to watch where I go around there :laugh:

#2520 King_Kenny, May 19, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    SALTIRE likes this.