1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fa cup road to Wembley 2016-17

Discussion in 'Domestic Cups' started by hairdoodmax, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    yeah I heard that replace him with Vardy then, that midfield might actually get him a chance or two and let him get some confidence back

2. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hope Arsenal destroy The S*n arse lickers Sutton United.

3. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Tough game at Huddersfield tomorrow, love full strength but Pep will rest some for Monaco

Bravo
    Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
    Fernando Garcia
    Navas KDB Nolito
    Iheanacho

4. Realist6

Realist6 Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Care to explain?

5. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Sponsored by them I believe.

6. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    I get the thing with the Sun but do you think clubs at that level can be all moral about it? The sponsor money is probably help keeping them afloat tbh. They're not going to turn it down.

Maybe they should go bust but get a pat on the back for sticking it to the Sun?

Bit of a difference between multi million Liverpool sticking it to the Sun and some non league side.

7. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Couldn't give a **** either way to be honest, **** the s*n. There are plenty of betting companies wanting to sponsor football clubs, if they want to prostitute themselves to the s*n then they can get ****ed :shrug.

King_Kenny likes this.
  8. Cicero

Cicero Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    If Chalobah, Zouma, Ake, and Loftus-Cheek get 90 mins i'll be a happy camper.

9. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    Spot on.

10. ByTheRiver

ByTheRiver Registered User

Supports:
    Fulham
    Since Jokanovic seems to have Wenger syndrome where he doesn't take into account the way the opposition play I guess we should put out a strong attacking team and hope for the best, so we will let in goals but try to score more, can this be done against Tottenham, who knows depends on the Spurs team.

Bettinelli, Odoi, Kalas, Ream, Malone, McDonald, Johansen, Ayite, Cairney, Aluko, Martin.
    Bettinelli in for Button in goal. Hope Kalas is fit to return to stabilise the back 4 a bit more then the last 2 home games where we leaked goals, Ream gets picked only because he is a natural left footer. Odoi in because Fredericks is suspended. Ayite in for Piazon just because of the speed of Spurs fullbacks. Martin in because he is SJ's favourite, but he better not be sulking again. Will SJ be tempted to put in 16 year old Sessegnon instead of Malone ?

11. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    Don't fancy a full go at it?

12. Sapper245

Sapper245 Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Those players played in the previous rounds where we beat Peterbrough 4-1 and Brentford 4-0 Wolves will be of the same calibre.
    we will still have probably Fabregas, Willian, Pedro. JT. Plus all the rest of them will all have first team experiance. Zouma was first choice last season till injured, Ake played for Bournemouth till recalled.
    Will be at this game so i hope we win...

13. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    They're hardly going to go bust given the money they're making off the tie which dwarfs the Suns shitty money. The deal is supposedly worth £10,000....hardly club saving money when they're making £250,000 off TV money alone. Even quite a few of their own fans are pissed off over it and apparently the club have acted like Nazi's by censoring the clubs forum. They've also apparently hiked prices up by about 5 times the normal price even for ST holders.

One of their own fans stated

I'm pretty sure if they showed a bit of moral some other company would have said fair does and sponsored them.

Besides, I'm not asking you to be upset about it am I? But I understand any Liverpool fan wanting to see them absolutely battered.

You get the feeling The Sun will be sitting there smirking at the publicity and outrage they've caused...its how they work.

#1213 King_Kenny, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  14. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    We've been playing the fringe players in the cup and I think there'll be plenty of changes tomorrow with having one eye on Reading Tuesday night, beat Reading and we're a step closer playing City twice next season.

15. terrier4eva

terrier4eva has potential...

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Gulp!

16. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Missing a few players for our game against Man U so an even more weak team than the one that already plays will take the field. Shame for Gallagher to get injured like he did mid week as he's been one of the bright spots of our season. Bennett and Akpan suspended and likely still to be playing at least one midfielder in the centre of defence. Game not sold out - last heard circa 21-22k (the other day) with the away end sold out. Keeping the score below 4 will be a good showing I think.

17. njmcfc1894

Supports:
    manchester city
    You got bigger things to worry about than Sunday, ive worked at Blackburn a few times as a steward and you seem decent attacking but horrific at the back

18. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Yes, fans have been saying that all season. The players brought in to "replace" Duffy and Hanley either injured or not good enough and also not enough cover hence midfielders playing there for a large portion of the season. A big concern for the rest of the season I agree.

19. njmcfc1894

Supports:
    manchester city
    My Blackburn mate said in past year you've sold £30m worth of players,Duffy,Gustede,Rhodes,Hanley,Cairney etc and spent 250k, not a massive Coyle fan but no money

20. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Their club their rules. It's their business.

Their fans may not like it and having to look at that big sponsor logo all game will put me off watching the game. If that's what the club want to do then it's up them.