1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Fans Back for Step 7 and Below

Discussion in 'Non-League Football' started by Cotterill:49, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Non-league clubs at step three and below can admit fans to grounds

It seems like there isn't any restrictions on numbers, the highest attendances at that level would probably be FC United of Manchester (1500). Social distancing obviously in place, and your to be stood or enter the ground in groups of no more than 6. For larger crowds, there needs to be somebody in charge of enforcing social distancing rules.

How comfortable would you feel going to back to watch football in that environment with those level of crowds, and would you go to watch non-league games whilst waiting for the returning of crowds in the top six divisions?

2. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    UP THE F*CKING MACKEREL MEN

3. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Worthing (along with FCUM and a few others) pulled in 2k+ crowds if this was to happen. Worthing aren’t a million miles away when Brighton aren’t playing, and there’s no other semi-competent teams with-in 15 miles.

4. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    This could really catch on, and there could well be sides who wouldn't usually get anywhere near it bringing in thousands in the bigger cities.

For those who are desperate to go to footie, paining a few quid to get in, being able to drink on the side of the pitch for reasonable prices, standing with your mates taking the piss out of the other sides fat keeper seems very appealing right now.

5. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    I think some of you're missing the part of the announcement where the clubs still need to be Covid safe.

All the grounds (and toilets/bars) will have a safe capacity which is below their current capacity and will be expected to make an effort to have a plan to ensure safe access and use of their facilities.

I certainly expect to pop down the road for a few City matches next month.

6. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    It looks like City will be allowed up to 570 fans for the rest of August provided they jump through some other hoops. Usual attendance is 200-300.

From September it could theoretically go up to 1,140.

A possible bonus from their last season ground sharing at (3,800 capacity) Histon. I imagine they're hoping for a modest number of folk seeking live football rather than a big increase in attendances, costs and hassle.

EDIT: I got that wrong. It's the same for every club at that level and not based on individual grounds. so City are allowed 200 initially then 400 from September.

#6 Habbinalan, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  7. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    Yay. I'm currently at 11 clubs in varying divisions who are letting in NHS for free. I may even trek all the way up to Whitby Town to take them up on the offer.

The thing that really seemed to push this through is all the clubs who play on public ground. Southend Manor play in Southchurch Park and their ground is in no way cordoned off from the main Park, last friendly they had about 50 people turned up and they cannot tell them to move on because it's public ground. I don't really see how they are going to limit capacity if say 1,000 just turn up because it's the only live football for months, I don't think that'll happen, but Southend Manor have no resource to stop it if it does.

8. Hants Pilgrim

Staff Member

Supports:
    Boston United
    In principle, the maximum attendance that any game in England should have this weekend is 300 (although I can't speak to situations such as Southend Manor's). It tapers down to 150 as you go down the pyramid. Fans should be turned away when the limit is reached, so get there early if you think there'll be high demand. I have my eye on a game!

9. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Just let fans in ffs, if you aren't comfortable with it don't go it isn't difficult...

I've been to watch my mates play on a Saturday and there's a full side of spectators undistanced. A load of bollocks.

Mowgli likes this.
  10. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    I think a few Posh fans will be traveling to South Linc's to watch Spalding United now that ex player Gaby Zakuani is the new manager there & brought in Lua Lua as his assistant as well as Nile ( trouble ) Ranger up front .

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  12. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    I predict that when supporters are allowed for proper into all matches then attendances will rocket. All been on various lockdowns and will be desperate to see live football and not just on telly or a computer screen.

Super_horns likes this.
  13. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    I agree, don't think we'll see post ww2 levels of attendance but certainly be good figures. Even looking at games I was attending prior to this 2nd lockdown crowd figures were well up on average across steps 7-10. Southend Manor averaged 35 last season, they've doubled it to 70 so far this season and had 3 figure crowds for the first time in five years.
    Similar story for Rochester United in crowds nearly up 50% with no 'elite' football to watch live.

14. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Any excuse to get out of the house for many. Is like when it is Christmas and attendances go up as loads just want to get out having been stuck indoors with relatives.