1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Please - Proposed Changes to Championship, League One and League Two Forums

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by TAFKAP, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    The Championship forum wasnt going anywhere as long as I have an hole in my arse..

2. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    They have the option of coming back via a hidden forum for banned members to message us.. At the moment only a few have taken advantage, so unless we hunt them down and beg them they are long gone elsewhere..

3. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    They probably don't know about the feature tbf.

4. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    If by any chance they read this then please private message one of us on the Facebook page.

5. Frampton

Frampton Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I dont have much time to visit too often. As an occassional user I do have to remind myself of the structure in order to navigate quickly to where I think I want to go. With too many categories it is easy to miss something eg AW's replacement - Arsenal/EPL/both? If it was easier to navigate, I'd probably visit more often
    If you want to cater for all leagues you should ensure that all new visitors can easily find their club and perhaps the latest (say) 10 of each clubs comments from other sections. If you want these potential contributors to actually post they need to find things of interest or beleive they could improve their clubs presence by posting stuff like a 'news bot' would.
    I dont think leagues should be merged, primarily because it reflects the (unintentioned) view that these leagues are less important and so makes the place less welcoming to 'first time visitors' whose club may be a massive thing in their own lives. It also increases navigational difficulties.
    Some clubs sre better supported than others and I have visited 'match day streaming threads' where guys comment on the game, the clubs, rivals, breaking news and scores. Very entertaining & educational with plenty of 'belly laughs'. One of these generated my fondness for Wolves in their struggle to stave off relegation, having begun with me looking to kill time one saturday lunchtime..
    Someone who posts a nicely balanced mix of things about their relatively small club and footie in general can provide a meeting place where many visit regulalrly and comment, so their 'forum in a forum' eventually assumes a far greater significance than it enjoys in the real world. The passion that some hold for their club has a wealth of information, they just need a place to tell the world.

6. cliftonmagpie

cliftonmagpie Registered User

Supports:
    Notts County
    merge L1 & L2 even though we will get sarcasm from the league above us :funslap

7. SixthSense

SixthSense GRRRRR

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Sounds like a great idea, as the saying continues to thrive in today's world, "less is more".

8. islandranger

islandranger Registered User

Supports:
    Bangor, Holyhead, Llangefni
    OK with me

9. Stan Bowles

Stan Bowles Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    enjoyable forum, doesn't need too much tweaking imo. I tend to stay in the Championship section as that is where my team are.

10. No-One Likes Us

No-One Likes Us Super Neil Harris

Supports:
    Millwall
    I see 'CreweIsBeautiful' is banned for the heinous crime of returning under a new name. You ask how we can get people posting then ban someone who made fifty posts in a week. You also had members telling him they were going to try and get him banned.

I'm not saying the fella isn't a bellend by the way, never really had any interaction with him, but at least he was posting regularly, and the lower league forums desperately need that.

11. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    I do think at times we are all a bit critical on here calling out people to be PBM's etc. It's as if we are shocked that new members are joining.

12. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    It's not something I like, to be honest. It's often to the point of bullying, and we can't tolerate that.

13. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Getting rid of Premier League clubs might help....don't think people would be encouraged to join if they saw their club's last post was in 2014! It wouldn't surprise me if some people scout the club forums and bail upon seeing how deserted it is...

Merging League One to Conference would also help in that regard. It would need to be organised properly, however.

Domestic Cups has a specific use but that is to be expected. Keep it.

Scotland, Wales and the Irish move to General Worldwide Discussion, which simply becomes General Football. British Football forum is scraped. Champions League/Europa League also move there. International football moves there.

Ground Guides doesn't really need its own section. Just make it a thread somewhere. Scrap it.

I don't use GD but it has no need for all the sections. Just make it one big off-topic forum.

So:

Premier League
    Match Day

Championship

Football League and Non-League

Domestic Cups

General Football

General Discussion

Condensed, smooth and activity should prosper.

#113 Tigerferry, May 22, 2017 at 12:32 AM
    Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 12:51 AM