1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF The Future - Your Thoughts ??

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Quirkafleeg, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Us Admin and mods have discussions etc etc, but what do you guys think. Looking over the place certain sections are lowing barren, talk of why this is, is being posted elsewhere on FF. So with that would like to see what you guys think, wim not proud enough to ignore you contrary to what people think.

2. WBArgo

WBArgo Registered User

I think if you removed every single trace of Wolves from the forum it would probably result in a massive influx of new, high-posting members who stick around. It's been statistically proven that reading the word 'Wolves' makes you 5% thicker and that's a fact.

Thomas WBA likes this.
  3. tottivillarossi

tottivillarossi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Flood This was the main reason I kept coming back to this site, and now two of its most active/popular members have gone it isn't the same. It's that simple for me.

#3 tottivillarossi, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
  4. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    More scousers. You can never have too many scousers. A very welcoming bunch who accept all with open arms and really engage with new members and never bang on about pbm's when a new member disagrees with their non-insular, very inclusive and able to not rise to every little comment that may involve LFC community.

Except Eezo/Adam who lets be honest isn't really scouse and Sterling/Stillhurts who isn't even black FFS!

kaboose likes this.
  5. Sgt. Serious

Sgt. Serious Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Swindon Town
    I agree - James F and Bluetonic are sorely missed.

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    More Wigan fans are needed :duke

7. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    4 of us is enough ta. :D

8. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Tbh I generally only use these forums to talk about football so I can't really comment on Flood This or GOT but in terms of the football side of the forums, the football league really seems to have suffered.

First time we went up to the PL 4 years ago we left behind a brilliant Championship forum, and likewise the League One forum was really lively with loads of fans the year we were down there. Whenever I visit those areas now they seem to be deserted and actually, the Premier League forums have more going on than either of them, which I'd never have said in the past. I could probably go into double figures in terms of the number of clubs that used to have 4/5 regular posters and now seem to get one at most.

Unhelpfully I don't really know what the solution to that is but the problem seems to be that there are no new users coming through. Whatever the old ways were that people used to discover these forums clearly aren't happening much any more, so is it time to start touting FF more on the world wide web?

9. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    The Twitter account is now active but Rome wasn't built in a day. I see its all about Social Media now, widget this and that.. Maybe us old uns need to get with 2016..

10. Adam

Adam Are you cereal?

Supports:
    Liverpool
    +1

11. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    I thought that users writing blogs was a great solution and idea for this. Reading content will draw more people in than just hawking the website's link on Twitter. Its much more personal and engaging which is a must for hawking stuff on Twitter.

12. No-One Likes Us

No-One Likes Us Super Neil Harris

Supports:
    Millwall
    Fair play to you Quirk, it's clear that you care, but what are the owners doing to try and drum up interest in the site?

13. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    It would be good if a weekly blog came about of some sort on anything current. Could've been lately about the impact of Leicester, the demise of Utd, etc etc. These blogs can then be shared on twitter and Facebook etc.

There's a guy on saints web who does a blog on every game. It's called the league one minus ten blog. His sort of relaxed and funny way of writing about games has definitely gained new members to that forum me being one of them.

Being able to link your Facebook and twitter to the forum may help. (I have no idea if you can currently do that or not btw)

But the main thing that needs to happen is for popular members to stop being banned for stupid things. Yeah constantly threatening people is bannable but infractions and bans were being dished out for ****ing ridiculous reasons not long ago and one member was CLEARLY made a scapegoat. Myself and a few others have tailed back our posts in certain areas for that last reason alone. It became really annoying. Getting an infraction and being banned from a whole sub forum just for laughing at someone else's joke is just ridiculous to be perfectly honest and that happened to about four people.

One other thing that annoys me and many others a huge amount. A mod or admin reading a thread and deciding that he or she doesn't like one of the reply's so they just delete it without explanation. It's infuriating. Yes sometimes posts need deleting but a lot of them don't and it just comes down to the fact that the person deleting it just didn't like the reply or the thread which just gets deleted.

#13 Shane, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  14. Delilah

Delilah Mr Bojan-goals
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Stoke City & England
    Erm, Quirk IS one of the owners of the site :)

15. Delilah

Delilah Mr Bojan-goals
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Stoke City & England
    To be fair I was guilty of that a month or so ago. I didn't like the use of the word "mong" being thrown about as an insult in a particular thread so I edited posts to remove it. On asking other mods/admins afterwards there wasn't an issue with it. That is the difficult thing about being a mod sometimes - what is deemed OK to one might not be to another. I hold my hands up in the instance I mentioned and say I was wrong as I should have seeked clarification if it was acceptable or not to use the word first before editing.

16. JediCpfc

JediCpfc Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Banning Kirby would be a start.

17. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    A start would be to give the banned posters an invitation back the site has suffered since the demise of great characters/posters such as Gatti Malloy and The Daddy....Friday nights on here with Malloy,The Daddy and Redman where some of the funniest nights I've witnessed on a football forum and Saturday morning had me logging on to FF to read along with my breakfast some 40/50 pages of these guys having harmless banter with each other,It's simple ban your best posters,the rest lose interest.

18. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    What's the true extent of the problem?

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    On other sites you don't get banned for what some posters on here have been. On a site i have used for a year there has only been one poster banned but he did deserve it as he posted on a par with GW's comment about Bleeds mate who sadly died.

20. Panja

Panja Peaky

Supports:
    JL Chiang Mai Utd
    The ban button has been too easily pressed of late. You may think it's for the good of the board but now we have this discussion because the board is suffering.

kaboose likes this.