1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA 20

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Jezza, Aug 29, 2019.

1. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    If it did happen on a larger scale, the model would simply change to literally outright buying cards for cash instead of the loot box model. :shrug

2. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Takes away the gambling aspect atleast. But yeh they can just sell them. Imagine what they would Charge for a Messi!

3. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Yeah you’ll just know what you’re paying for. It will make it worse. People will just be outlaying £300 for a team each.

4. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Which is only of any use for 1 year.

RM likes this.
  5. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I agree the game is now geared solely for those with money to throw at packs, or kids who manage to get hold of their daddy's credit card details. I work in a primary school and know of kids at 7,8,9 who ask for nothing but fifa points for their birthday.

I actually like to play fifa online as the satisfaction of winning against a real person is greater than it is against the AI.

The way it's structured now with the WL rewards being absolutely vital for squad building makes it tough too as its geared towards kids or those on the dole...if you're in work and have a family and responsibilities there's no way you can realistically get 30 games done in a weekend. Even if you were to do nothing but playing the games I reckon you'd need to set 10 hours aside minimum to get them in. And to think it used to be 40!

I don't think I'll bother this year. Or at least not yet.

6. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    2 Icon swap tokens down. 22 to go...

Going to be a grind this!

Muller likes this.
  7. wfctillidie

wfctillidie On loan from the championship..

Supports:
    Watford

Ultimate team is not really for the casual player (arguably never was). It was all about grinding really but with the rise of micro transactions it's created an opportunity for cash rich / time poor individuals (a bit like myself) to still try and be competitive through packs (luck dependent).

I've spent £80 on the game itself and another £70 on FP and due to some luck I have a team that some one spending a grand might not get. Can't see me spending more than another £70-£100 however, last year probably spent £400+ over the year but if I'm going to spend 10-15 odd hours a week playing it and being fairly competitive I don't really see the issue. To get to the same level of competitiveness without buying FP would require probably close to 30 hrs a week of gameplay, which I don't have.

The bigger issue for me is that losing makes me a bit toxic and I can get a bit addicted on trying to make up for losing. Not great for the kids or mrs to witness and will most likely mean this is my last bang at UT.

As for the WL, could only play to 11 wins due to other commitments and finished on 11-7. However, much happier with how I'm playing and feel in control of nearly every game. last 3 losses came +7 ELO and took the lead in all of them and was unlucky to lose. Confident with a bit of luck, I can eventually challenge for Elite 3.

4-1-2-1-2 (narrow) formation of choice now, working really well for me.

8. wfctillidie

wfctillidie On loan from the championship..

Supports:
    Watford
    Cross platform coming soon.....

9. scunnymadandy

scunnymadandy Alfreton 14-0 Sheff Wed

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Every time I think this game is decent I end up playing a match where my passes never go to the right man, miss a load of sitters and play with no fluidity whatsoever.

10. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    The problem a lot of people have is the idea of progression is completely lost. I haven’t payed a single extra penny, have almost 500,000 coins and went 17-11 with a completely average Serie A team.

Everyone wants the best team yesterday, and the toxicity comes from because they think they have the best team, they should be winning every game. You won’t while the game is fresh. I always ‘learn’ the game with an average team and then progress to a good team whilst amassing coins.

11. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    I’ve been having to use some pretty weak teams to get the first owner objectives done but honestly, if you can get the right stats in the right places, you don’t necessarily need high rated players to do well.

Yes you’ll want a pacy striker. Yes, you’ll want a pacy winger; but neither of those actually have to be great at anything else. If you have a second striker, find one with strength and finishing. Find a second winger with a good weak foot.

You’ll want a good holding midfielder, but frankly he can be as slow as ass. Heading, tackling, passing are his key stats.

Point is a good team don’t need to all be Gullit gang or Usain Bolt; for 85 minutes out of 90 you’re probably only using one or two of their key stats unless you’re playing at the top table.

12. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    What a filthy amount of knowledge you have on this subject. Just grow up.

13. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    I refuse!

RM likes this.
  14. Deano

Deano -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Supports:
    Wolves
    Bit late to the party with this but who has done the Pukki SBC? It's cheap and I read on FUTBIN that if you put a hunter card on him he has 99 positioning, 95 finishing, 95 acceleration and 92 sprint speed?

15. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    I haven't done him as I don't run a PL team, but the above is correct. I may still do him as a super-sub to be fair, as for the price it's an excellent card.

16. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Got Pep Guardiola in the team now after getting the 8 swap tokens

[​IMG]

Not a great team but it’s all first owner untradeable. Want to get Trent & Alisson for the 2 empty slots.

17. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    What do you get XP from? Just the objectives? I'm at level 20 at the moment but have only been able to play a couple of days a week so am unsure if I'll be able to get to level 30 or not. Surely you get XP for winning games?

18. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Nope just objectives. Kinda crap.

19. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Ahh so those of us with lives and/or aren't 24/7 twitch streamers get f*cked over. Nice.

Muller likes this.
  20. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Got bored and decided to do the hybrid nations SBC the 81 rare players part.

[​IMG]

Cheapest on PC is 700k. What in the actual f*ck. :laugh:

Muller likes this.