1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Football Chants that make you cringe.

Discussion in 'General British Football' started by Hungrover, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hungrover

Hungrover Travesty of a man

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    The new one "Your town is a shithole, I want to go home" is a perfect example of how far down the gutter British Society has gotten. It's a horrible chant and those that sing it should be ashamed of themselves.

The one aimed at Blackpool fans... "Your mums a crack whore, your dads a queen" is what we sang at their place earlier this season and was a bit uncalled for,but I'd be a a liar if I was to say I didn't have a little chcuckle to myslef when I heard it.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably, but oh well.

Are there any other chants that make you cringe???????

2. Ilsinho

Ilsinho Registered User

Supports:
    Plymouth
    who r ya who r ya
    were by far the greatest team

3. Plym_gull

Plym_gull Registered User

Supports:
    Torquay United
  4. Munroe

Munroe Shinji 1 Slippy G 0

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Any Munich, Hillsborough, etc. chants. And abroad, mainly in Italy, all the monkey noises at the black players....it's just disgusting.

5. Valdinho

Valdinho Registered User

Supports:
    Yeovil Town
    Yeah some of the racism abroad is horrific, makes you realise its not actually that much of a problem in comparison over here.

Can't stand the 'we're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side over here' followed by the 'left side's' version.

6. Plym_gull

Supports:
    Torquay United
    You're just a bus stop in 'wherever' is pretty cringworthy.

7. salopianite

salopianite Registered User

Supports:
    Shrewsbury Liverpool
    Easy, easy, easy.

Que sera sera

We are going up say we are going up

We are top of the league say we are top of the league

Turner Turner give us a wave

My most hated above^

8. Plym_gull

Supports:
    Torquay United
  9. SaddlerMatt

SaddlerMatt You reds!

Supports:
    Walsall FC
    Anyone who isn't a Millwall fan singing "No-one likes us".

"Your support is f*cking sh*t" Right after their teams scored.

Any "Oh ...... is wonderful".

Stupid foreign tunes like Dale Cavase, what's wrong with singing proper songs like the olden days?

That's all I can think of so far. :D

#9 SaddlerMatt, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  10. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    The Marlon King chants that some of our fans have taken to singing recently are quite distasteful. I cringe when they sing them.

11. C&Gincarlsberg

C&Gincarlsberg Registered User

Supports:
    England
    The "Shall we sing a song for you" against Stevenage on saturday. That was our 1st song of the game :laugh:.

#11 C&Gincarlsberg, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  12. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    "We've got more fans than you.."

"Let's all have a Disco.."

13. SaddlerMatt

SaddlerMatt You reds!

Supports:
    Walsall FC
    I remember a few stupid one chanted to us:

"You dirty Northern bastards"

"Your Welsh and you know you are"

:slap:

14. MFCMark~

MFCMark~ Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall FC
    We had that from Forest yesterday. The general feeling amongst us was ''well f*ck off back there then.''

It's not exactly a chant, but when a team scores, and the announcer reads out the first name of the scorer which is followed by the crowd saying the surname. Embarrassing.

15. Hungrover

Hungrover Travesty of a man

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Yeah Arsenal do that don't they. Thats about the only noise they make at the Emirates.

The "your town is a shithole song" is a bad song but what makes the worst is that it is the one song that is sung the loudest. Never mind supporting your own team just slag off the home fans' town. It's just sad.

Like when Newcastle came down the other week they did make a a fair bit of racket, but their loudest song was the "shithole" one.

It's sad and is a fair reflection of where this country has gone, down the toilet.

As Ive gotten older Ive realised how many stupid people there are in the world (or more specifically in this country).

16. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're shit aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"F*ck the ball, kick the man" or however that one goes.

We've got a chant which includes a line about hanging Ipswich fans from trees. Pathetic if you ask me. Plus our Hoolahan chant is rubbish.

17. Posh Josh

Posh Josh #pufc

Supports:
    Peterborough United
    "Your just a small town in....."

Seriously, does anyone actually get the point in saying this, hardly going to wind up the opposition fans. Our fans sing this all the time, I don't usually join in mind you.

Some of fans are actually quite stupid tbh, I remember last season as well as seasons before, our fans would sing "sheep, sheep, sheepshagger" towards Savage, Bellamy etc, when we had a Welsh international at CB. :laugh: Also, half time, loosing 0-1 or whatever, chorus of boo's mainly coming from the same corner of the terrace, 45mins later, we win, they'll all singing "we are going up" etc. Very fickle our fans are.

"Get into them, **** 'em up" also annoys me for some reason.

18. Erasmus Boogles

Erasmus Boogles Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    maybe it's just me being pedantic, but what really annoys me about it is that is doesn't make sense.

I mean, taunting Rotherham fans with "you're just a small town near sheffield" makes some sense, effectively stating their apparent insignificance.

Reversing it (for a "laugh") for a Sheffield club would also make a small bi of sense, if a bit daft.

But no town is a small town in another town.

Most annoying, because of its stupidity and big-time-charlies feel, was Aston Villa twice coming to a sold out Madejski stadium, and pointing to the stands and singing about the empty seats. I got the impression it was a song they sang at every ground that wasn't sold out (you'd think they'd be used to it at Villa Park) but you'd think someone would have been a little more observant.

One I do like, when Reading play Peterborough, is "you're Posh, but you're not Royal..."

Most stupid song from Reading fans was for a game at Bournemouth in April 2001, singing "We'll never play you again". Three reasons why I hated it....

1) it's the most horrible arrogant bell end of song, as sung by Fulham when they went up a year or two earlier*.

2) we didn't even go up that year

3 - and the clincher) we were down to play the return fixture at our place a month later.

* fans have long memories, and if Fulham go down and hit hard times, they won't win too many sympathy votes outside the premier league.

And talking of long memories, our first game back up in the championship in 2002 saw us well beaten 3-0 by Derby at a sold out Pride Park. "You're only here for the champions!" they optimisitically sang as we caved in.

Fast-forward to 1st April 2006, and Reading clinch the championship title with a 5-0 win, against.....Derby. No prizes for guessing the song of the day.

19. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    'Shall we sing a song for you', 'your suppaw is fackin shit' and all it's bread of heaven variations are cretinous. Usually sung by fans with equally shit support and without a hint of irony. The cockneys are the worst for this. I swear i've watched London derbies with both sets of fans chanting "shall we sing a song for you", and the equally monotonous varations, at each other for 90 minutes. Does that constitute as atmosphere these days?

Who are ya is the the chant of the simpleton.

Groups of about 10 fans in the lower leagues chanting Dale Cavase when 35 clubs sang it before them, anway. Those Morecambe morons in the youtube clip being a perfect example.

'This is the best trip i've ever been on' - when about 35 clubs sang it before them, anyway.

'This town is a shithole I want to go home' - well f*ck off then you witless, ignorant twat. Don't let me stop you.

The great escape theme, usually accompanied by a drum - why would you want to impersonate those Sheffield shitehawks from the England brass band?

Sign on - this got boring 20 years ago. Come up with something original, just once.

'Easy easy' with the seal clapping - a bit out of vogue now, but this reached epidemic proportions a couple of years ago. You're not at a wrestling match you stupid, stupid c*nt, but hit me in the face again with your seal impression and i'll chokeslam you onto the floor.

Oh for the days when English football fans were funny, original and creative. I blame Sky and that f*ckwit Lovejoy.

#19 ritchie_50, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  20. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    All of them.