1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Manager 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Scotty Walds, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
  2. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    Cheers, I will give this a go when I get bored of my Hyde save. Let me know how it has gone on yours, I am interested to see which clubs become the new powers of the PL and how England get on with more guys playing.

3. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Just done the first transfer window and these are the major English transfers.

Tom Cleverley > Arsenal
    Fabian Delph > Arsenal
    Chris Smalling > Chelsea
    Michael Mancienne > Crystal Palace
    John Ruddy > Norwich
    Glen Johnson > Man City
    Jordan Henderson > Man City
    Andros Townsend > Man City
    Danny Rose > Man Utd
    Kyle Walker > Man Utd
    Stephen Henderson > Man Utd
    Fraser Forster > Southampton
    James Milner > Tottenham
    Peter Crouch > West Ham

Only one team has signed a foreign player from the look of it and that was Evra to Spurs.

4. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    Enjoying an Arsenal save at the moment. Hammering through a lot of it now sat at the airport...

Season 1 - Sold Podolski to City, Walcott to Bayern, Sagna to Lille, Bendtner to West Ham. Used funds to sign Sanchez, Varane and Wilfried Bony. Surprisingly (given that every other save has been diabolical for me) won the league with ease, won the Champions League after scraping through every round and then hammering Utd 4-0 in the final, and also beat Utd 4-0 in the final of the Carling Cup. Of course in true FM style, I lost the FA Cup quarter-final 4-1 to Spurs and my 'board confidence' went right down. Logicz.

Season 2 - Sold Ramsey to City after months of bids (where Wenger is now manager). Got a message to say how strong we were doing financially and received £170m to spend in the summer! Signed Victor Valdes on a free (although he wanted around £200k a week), Luke Shaw, Toni Kroos, a full-back called Danilo from Madrid, Isco and Stevan Jovetic. Played around 9 games and despite coasting through last season and improving my team in the summer, I've lost games against Cardiff and Notts Forest whilst drawing 3 more. 7th and I'm getting the 'job under scrutiny' messages despite already easily qualifying from the Champions League group stages.

5. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Going to give that a go with Man. City.

6. Scotty Walds

Scotty Walds We're on our way back up

Supports:
    Boston United
    Should be good, as you'd expect the best English players to go to the richest teams, who have the best training facilities, and improve quickly. You would hope the rich teams buy off the lower Premier League teams, who buy from the Championship, and so on...

7. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    I've started it again and holiday'd it for a few years and it looks like the PL teams are just farming up FL youngsters and the FL teams are getting shitter and shitter. :laugh:

8. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Anyone else really struggling to sell players?

I may have needed to load more leagues, but I could only get rid of one of my entire team with Man. City.

9. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    England's just lost 3-1 to Cameroon in the 2nd round of the 2018 World Cup. :laugh:

Title winners have been -
    2014 - Man Utd
    2015 - Liverpool
    2016 - Liverpool
    2017 - Man Utd
    2018 - Man City

All the big teams are still in the top half of the table.

All League One/Two seems to have become a development leagues. They're both filled with 18/19 year olds. The Championship looks about the same as it should, perhaps slightly weaker.

Gonna leave it for the night and holiday it some more in a few days and see what it's like in 2022.

[​IMG]

That aging squad. Kompany, Toure, Aguero, Clichy, Borini, Nasri and Zabaleta all have English nationality now.

#289 DonnyOsmond, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  10. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Banned from the Champions League for the 2nd season running due to failing FFP :laugh: :(

11. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Move over Psycho, there's a new left-back in town...

pitbull.jpg

12. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
  13. hodge

hodge Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Decided to start a Southampton save, currently about 23 games through the season and I'm 9th in the league tied on points with 7th (think Arsenal 7th and Liverpool 8th). I'm in the league cup final against Chelsea having beaten the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool on route, in the 5th round of the FA Cup as well.

Only real signings were Ryan Shawcross and Mohammed Diame after I sold Schneiderlin for about £5m upfront and £9.5m over the next few seasons. Having sold Davies in Jan I will get another £2.5m or so over the next couple of seasons. The squad build for Southampton will be slow but my aim is if I have to sell players to make sure I get a big amount/over a good amount of years to keep money flowing.

14. Scotty Walds

Scotty Walds We're on our way back up

Supports:
    Boston United
    Old Trafford is officially a fortress. Last few home games have been won 8-0 (Palace, bottom Premier League team), 9-0 (Fleetwood, FA Cup), 3-0 (Arsenal), 3-0, 2-0 (Chelsea, League Cup Semi 2nd leg), 8-0 (Leeds, FA Cup), 4-0 (Liverpool) and 5-0. Scoring 8 goals 3 times within 4 weeks or so :laugh:

The only 2 teams I've dropped points at home to are Chelsea (beat us 1-0) and Spurs (0-0), who are the 2 teams we're fighting for the title with (season 2020/21).

Lukaku is now an absolute beast. 29 goals in 26 league games so far - scored 27 and 24 league goals the last 2 seasons, and he's still only 27.

15. Az1867

Az1867 Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Wales: January 2014

When I first took over the squad was dead on there Knees, No confidence or anything, Taking Over the Welsh FA said to me to be competative In the Qualifying stage, We were never gonna qualify anyway to far off, So I Installed my Tactics, Basically told them to play for pride, But never expected this start (Including Friendlys).

P 7 W 6 D 1 L 0 GF 21 GA 8

World Cup Qualifying Group A record:

P 10 W 3 D 2 L 5 GF 16 GA 15 PTS 11 (Started with 1)

Biggest win: 6-3 against Serbia (World Cup Qualifying)

Biggest Draw: 1-1 against Macedonia (World Cup Qualifying)

Top Scorer: Craig Davies (4)

1st caps: Karl Darlow, Declan John and Harry Wilson.

We moved from 64th to 44th in the world rankings.

Steve Morison got player of The Year with a rating of 8.40.

Best Eleven: Joe Allen, Gareth Bale, Simon Church, Danny Collins, James Collins, Jack Collison, Andrew Crofts, Karl Darlow, Ben Davies
    Craig Davies, Chris Gunter, Adam Matthews, Aaron Ramsey, Hal Robson-Kanu, Neil Taylor, Sam Vokes, Ashley Williams.

Leaves me very excited for the European Championship Qualifiers which has yet to be drawn.

16. hodge

hodge Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Well finished the season in 9th place after a streak of about 7/8 games without a win I then didn't lose the last 10 bar 1 game, only a few points behind the likes of Spurs, Everton and Liverpool. Also reached the final of the league cup but lost to Chelsea.

Big summer having started with a budget of £20m I sold Osvaldo for £17m, Lallana (which I didn't want to and the club weren't happy about but good cash) for £18m plus add ons over 4 years (around £5m). Brought in Wellington Nem for £17m to replace Lallana, Andreas Cornelius for £4m, Davide Astori for £6.25m, Manuel Fernandes on a free, Matej Vydra on a free, Mauro Zarate for £2.5m, 2 more good young attacking midfielders for a combined £15m and Victor Valdes on a free a couple of games into the season. After about 8 games I'm sitting 2nd only having lost to Liverpool (3-2 with a missed penalty for me) and Man City 1-0.

17. hodge

hodge Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Finished 2nd in my next season losing the title to Chelsea by 1 point. Wellington Nem was young player of the year and Andreas Cornelius was top scorer with 23 goals.

I've been given a £15m budget though which is a bit disappointing was hoping to get enough to entice someone like James Rodruigez or Griezmen to Southampton for my Champions League campaign.

18. Lord Celery

Lord Celery Tossing salad

Supports:
    England
    Managed Rangers for 10 seasons. Took them to the Prem and won the title in 2nd season. Then Celtic won 3 in a row before I dominated for several years. Reached the CL semis twice in a row before resigning due to wanting a new challenge. Took over at Aston Villa after having offers from a variety of clubs in England and the continent.
    Villa were in bad shape but still in the Prem. I got them out of the relgation zone and we finished mid table in the first season. 2nd season started badly after wholesale changes but recovered to 8th place.
    Third season and won the Prem. Fourth season finished third but won the CL.
    Fifth season now and started with 3 wins out of 3. Very comfortable in terms of wages and transfer funds.

Will perhaps look to move after this year... would like to manage Barca or Madrid perhaps.

19. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nicely done, I just never seem able to leave the club I start with, very much a legacy builder. Either that I just get too bored with a save after 4-5 years :(.

20. Black Cat Jake

Black Cat Jake Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    I'm currently in the middle of my new Leeds save that I started on Saturday. It is great when you have a strike partnership if Adam Le Fondre & Jordan Rhodes (Thanks to the sale of Ross McCormack I may add). However, that partnership has came to an end as Rhodes has agreed to sign for Tottenham Hotspur come January 1st, as they've agreed to sign him for the release clause I set at £24.5 million. Nice little kitty, I need some new CMs in my team anyway as Brown, Murphy and Green all get tired quickly.

My record in the league stands as

W:6 D:5 L:3

23 Points and sitting nicely in 4th. (h)