1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forest v Derby

Discussion in 'Championship' started by ForestRob, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Trent Mist

Trent Mist Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Likewise mate. Although all mine are dead so I win.

Plus, I won't be going to Bristol on a Saturday afternoon but will be going QPR away 4 days later on a Wednesday night. That's the attraction of Bristol for me.

2. J Rocker

J Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Have fun at QPR. One of if not the worst away in the league.

Stan_Drews likes this.
  3. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    Don't quite know how to respond to that first paragraph :laugh:

Trent Mist and Villa Rocker like this.
  4. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    Scratch that, I ain't missing the forest game!

Still not bothered though. Will probably spend the game on my phone arguing with Troj on here instead of watching it

5. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Forest hate you too

Supports:
    Forest
    :laugh:

His fwiend!

6. Trent Mist

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    A matter of opinion. I'm sure we'll have a blast.

7. J Rocker

J Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    have you done it before?

8. Trent Mist

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Yes mate twice, but many moons ago. Last time was mid 90's. Decent day from what I remember.

J Rocker likes this.
  9. J Rocker

J Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Fair enough then, I was going to advise avoiding Shepherds Bush but you know what you're doing.

Last time I went to QPR away we'd beaten Man Utd 3 days before, it was about -2 and I was badly hungover from a christmas house party. We got into Shepherds Bush for about 11am and the two pubs we'd planned to go to refused us entry, went up to the Wetherspoons in the shopping mall and even they wouldn't let us in and then I got refused entry from the ground and was told to "go and walk around the block to sober up" (I wasn't even really drunk, just groggy from the night before).

Managed to get in and it was the most boring game ever, drew 1-1 and Cauley Woodrow missed about 3 sitters in the last 5 minutes. Stewards are proper jobsworths there as well, so the above reasons are why I've never rushed back. The Met also only give us the top tier which is so bad, can't even see the goal line of the goal below if you're stood near the back. :laugh:

Got them on a Saturday this year so I'll probably go but just get into White City as late as possible.

#49 J Rocker, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Trent Mist likes this.
  10. Stan_Drews

Stan_Drews **********

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Those stewards copped it big time at half time the day of the battle with the old bill outside. The old bill lost the plot that day and it was a proper row for 10 minutes in the road outside.

One bullying steward was a Lech Poznań fan, big guy throwing his weight around until shouting out the name of his team until people had had enough. Always someone bigger ;)

11. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Getting nervous

12. Trent Mist

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Yeah, me too now Rob. Absolutely can't ****ing wait though!!

I think there'll only be a single goal in it... it just seems too good to be true though to be able to take the piss three games on the trot.... please let this happen :pray:pray:pray

ForestRob likes this.
  13. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Just a shame there are no sheep fans on here to banter with. Same as their away support to be fair. If you have to pay for your ticket they're not interested.

We had shit off them for years about attendances as we hovered around the 21/22k mark despite being utter trash and going into league one etc. Whilst they were getting 28k as about 1000 tickets were given out each week, either to local schools or Toyota, Bombardier etc. Also building a new ground seemed to add 3/4k just out of the woodwork.

Now we're about the same and two years running our gates are higher. I'd be interested to see away numbers for us both. That's the true acid test. I'd be surprised if they were anywhere near.

14. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Both of you are roughly averaging the same away from home at the minute. You will no doubt average more by the end of the season. Always rated Forest over Derby in terms of away support. All three East Midlands clubs (Forest, Derby , Leicester) are very similar in terms of size, support etc. Leicester will now see themselves as top dogs but both Forest and Leicester can look down on Derby as being bigger clubs, but not by much.

I have tried getting a derby fan to sign up to here but he’s not replied to me yet.

15. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Surprised about that but then I looked at the teams we've both played away.

They've been to

Huddersfield
    Brentford
    Hull
    Charlton
    Leeds
    Barnsley
    Stoke

All pretty good journeys from Derby and the two London ones were Saturday afternoon.

Ours are...

Leeds
    Swansea
    Fulham
    Luton
    Wigan (Sky Sunday Midday)
    Blackburn (Tues night also on sky)
    Stoke (sky Friday night)
    Charlton (Tuesday night on Sky)

So I think as you say it will sort itself out by the end of the season.

I'm biased I know but I think Leicester are about Derby's level for support and size too historically. It's only in the last few years that it seems to have gone up because they've been comfortably the best East Midlands team.

16. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    In my lifetime Leicester have won two league cups and the premier league. They have also played in Europe several times. Although Forest won things in my lifetime(two league cups) I can’t remember them as I was too young. I think people underestimate how big Leicester’s support is. They have a sizeable following. Big city and the only club in Leicestershire. In terms of potential the three of you are very similar in terms of what’s could be achieved. Forest will always have that little bit more about them because of that late 70s era.

17. Trojii

Trojii Legal Eagle

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Glorious.

Sabri Lamouchi is a god amongst men.

That is all.

ForestRob, Tomohawk and Trent Mist like this.
  18. HPC2

HPC2 29 years and counting

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Go on the Famous team.

Trojii and Trent Mist like this.
  19. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Get the absolute **** in!

Tighter than I'd have liked but a great performance from the lads again.

Silva immense, and I'm talking the sort of immense that has no other words to go with it to make it any better. I'm starting to think this lad is better than the likes of Makelele in his peak and Kante.

Matty Cash was awesome both in defence and attack. The coaching staff have worked wonders to turn him into a more than competent full back.

Joe Worrall is showing his class now as well. Young lad with a lot of personality and definite leadership. A true rock today.

Lord Lewis Grabban showed how lethal he can be in taking that chance. **** up by Derby but a great finish.

And Sabri, the glorious Sabri Lamouchi! The bloke is a tactical genius. It's easy to just say go out and press but to set a team up to press in a specific way that actually allows the opposition a pass or 2 first is out of this world. He basically said to Derby 'go on lads, you **** up' and that's exactly what Bogle did.

As for Derby, they look a poor outfit who we easily restricted to half chances. That dirty, drunken mess Lawrence should have walked for that challenge on Ribeiro and it's because we have refs incapable of spotting such challenges like this that we are left with the shambolic VAR system.

Over to our fellow title 'challengers' to see what they can muster out of this weekend now

Trojii and Trent Mist like this.
  20. Trent Mist

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Voice gone again but I have just enough left to croak... Jayden Bogle.... what a player

Trojii and Tomohawk like this.