1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Glanford Park

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Geordie_Wilky, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Got tickets for next Tuesday, so need a rough guide.

Best place to park?
    Best pubs?

Yep, that about covers it.

2. Housham7

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    If you're coming down the M180(From Doncaster), Turn onto the M181 and follow it to the end(Ground is on your right). Turn Left at the roundabout and there's a load of grass banks where loads of people park and nobody bothers them.

Parking in the Club Car Park or Tescos takes forever to get out of.

Best Pub for Away fans is the Berkeley, on the roundabout going into town(go past the ground into Scunthorpe, left on the first roundabout you come to). Basic but cheap and good beer. there's also the Chavhouse, sorry, Farmhouse, but it's a boring plastic chain pub.

If you have time beforehand Town Centre is 10min Drive away and has a few Wetherspoons etc.

3. zeking83_uk

Supports:
    middlesbrough
    Went for the Middlesbrough game and quite enjoyed it bit of a shock and on the small side though

Fans outside the ground were really helpful on where to go and were genrally plesent

4. charlesdenni

charlesdenni Yellow and Proud

Supports:
    WATFORD
    as HKC said try not to park in the club car park it took ages to get out last time i parked there. i think i remember going to 'the chavhouse' which wasnt too far to walk and was friendly enough. i love going to glanford park really good place and a funny night out. have fun :thumb

5. SUFC_Rick

SUFC_Rick Norvern Monkey

Best places to park are probably Hilton Avenue/Collinson Avenue area, which are past the ground, 1st exit at Berkeley Roundabout then first right. Only a ten minute walk to the ground. Avoids all the football traffic at the end of the game as well, as you have to follow a diversion round the Orbital Road which should save you a good half an hour at the end of the game.

A word of warning, don't park in the retail park or at KFC. They started ticketing people at the Donny game so unless you can afford £60, then I'd give it a miss :)

Pubwise... If you enjoy waiting 45minutes for a pint then go to the Farmhouse. Best bets are in town... Spoons, Barracuda, Matrix etc etc, but it's a good half hour strut into the town centre. If you're feeling flush with cash, you can go to Frankie and Bennys outside the ground where it's £3 a pint!

Hope you enjoy your trip down (but not too much of course :) ) We're a friendly bunch so you wont get any hassle if you're in colours. Should be a bit of a culture shock going from Old Trafford to GP!

6. scunnymadandy

scunnymadandy Alfreton 14-0 Sheff Wed

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    When you get to the roundabout with Tesco on the left and Glanford Park on the right, go straight on and follow the road until you see some offices on the right hand side of the road (just before another roundabout further on). Park in there, its free and you get no bother at all. Just don't nick my parking spot.

7. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    so 3 different posters and 3 different locations to park :laugh:

Well at least I know now not to park in the clubs car parks.

I'm thinking the grass verges, which (looking at maps) I assume is on the A18 Doncaster Road (left of the M181 as you get to the junction where the ground is)??? That looks the best for getting back on the M181 and back to Leeds (where I live)

8. Sacko

Sacko Tigers Tigers Rah Rah Rah

Supports:
    Hull City
    Used to love going to Scunny. Have been 3 times and seen us win, lose and draw.

It'll never happen but to be drawn in the cup at your gaff would be pretty damn sweet...

9. donni-red

donni-red Registered User

Yes mate that's your best bet but get their early as you can or may have abit of a walk back down A18 towards roundabout and ground,after game turn round or follow A18 for 3 mile or so which takes you back to junction before M181

10. warnocksminder

Supports:
    sheffield united
    scunny are a friendly lot, the ground is a bit of a culture shock , its sort of like derbys new ground , but built by subbuteo

theres all the eateries you could want outside the ground, maccy d , kfc etc , the old showground had more pubs around but its not without its watering holes
    beware of the women , theyre desperate for real men as theres none in scunny and will have you on the spot