1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Handball Rule

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Huxley, Nov 23, 2020.

?

The handball rule should be...

1. Deliberate handball only (painstakingly utilising VAR to confirm intent or not)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Any time the ball hits any part of the hand or arm (no exceptions)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Huxley

Huxley Active Member

Supports:
    Man United
    It needs to be dealt with.

So... What's preferable?

I've heard talk of making it so that any contact with the hand/arm is always handball. Would that at least clear things up?

Empress Touch likes this.
  2. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
  3. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Well-Known Member

Supports:
    liverpool
    neither thanks.

I have reached the point with var that I want each manager to have 2 reviews a game and that is it.

get it right and retain it. get it wrong and tough.

its for Thierry Henry. for bizarre clearly offsides not given. for when a ref gives a yellow for a terrible foul etc.

After that the hand ball needs to go back where it was pre var.

its far far too biased to forwards and offside is fa far too biased towards a defence.

Empress Touch likes this.
  4. Empress Touch

Empress Touch Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Like in many forms of life,
    you can become a victim of other people's crimes very easily - and for many reasons.

I could go on-and-on,
    but I'll leave it at: punishment should be a form of deterrent - not a means of vengeance.

If players deliberately handling the ball
    in the knowledge that their individual punishment will be worth the collective team sanction against him/her,
    something is far more wrong than just the 'laws of the game'.

Changing and amending rules in reaction to unfortunate circumstances
    (instead of dealing with issues at source - BEFORE they snowball)
    will only CHANGE football, not improve it.

For example, both codes of rugby (union/league) have brought in the sean bean
    (that's sin bin).

Has it improved either sport by reducing dangerous play and persistent repeat offences,
    or simply CHANGED both sports
    by readily making the scenario of one team having more players on the pitch than their opponent
    something that should be regarded as so realistic to bring about - so as exploit to its' maximum time potential?

Avoiding the moral questions of 1980's watershed moments - of which there were many
    (save the songwriters of a certain generation who could see what happens when material currency takes hold of peoples' consciences),
    the ever-growing popularity of the Womens' game around the world
    is now an ideal opportunity to show us "men" how sport should be something that brings the best out of people - not the worst.

It starts with good role models, something our whole planet needs now - more badly than ever before...