1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the island of "CR7" or most especifically "The Island of Madeira"

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alexis9000, Feb 9, 2018.

1. alexis9000

alexis9000 I'm just another Benfica fan.

Supports:
    Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Marítimo, Cruzeiro de Belo Horizonte, Borussia Monchengladbach
    Hello, my name is Alexis, I do have 32 years old and I'm from the peaceful Island of Madeira, the Island where Cristiano was born, however like every place (even an island) there is NOT only Funchal (the capital), and proof of that is that I live in Caniço or even more especifically in Garajau (the place where is located my home).

At this moment, I'm doing nothing, to be as honest as possible, so I decided to share one of my "meals and passions" with you which is football, of course the other "meal and passion" is music (I really love music).

The clubs I support at this moment are various, as I like football in general, but the one I support the most is Sport Lisboa e Benfica (4 titles in a row, yayy!!), the others are Marítimo (club from my island), Cruzeiro de Belo Horizonte (from Brazilian Serie A) and Borussia Monchengladbach (Bundesliga), you might have question yourselves: Where is Real Madrid? Well I'll tell you, Real Madrid is like globetrotters in football, however, just because CR7 is from Madeira and Real Madrid has one of the best teams of the world that does not mean I have to support them, right? I'm proud of what CR7 has done for Portugal in international competitions tough.

So that's it, those are the teams I like the most.

What's my main goal in this forum, why this forum?...To speak about football (of course), maybe play some football games in the forum, and also (if possible, I don't know if it is) to watch some football games, at least the ones I can't see now (the brazilian league for example it would be great if I watch the full match some moments after the game finishes, because you know being in Portugal is not the same than living in Brazil)

Now for the admins, please do have in mind that I only entered the forum today, so that I can make a few mistakes sometimes, but I believe it'll end as time goes by.

Thanks everyone, and I hope I can make some friends here as well.

*Alexis*

#1 alexis9000, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Dirk likes this.
  2. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    Bemvindo ao Football Forums Alexis!

Been to Portugal a few times on holiday, it is a great country with great cities like Lisbon, Porto, Braga and Guimaraes and i also lived in Porto for 5 months studying as my degree at university was Spanish and Portuguese. I can still speak some Portuguese altough due to lack of frequent contact, recently, my level has dropped.

I used to watch and follow Portuguese football a lot when i lived in Portugal and eventually i do plan to start following it frequently once more as i have an interest in watching football from mid-ranking European leagues like Portugal, Russia, Netherlands, Turkey and Greece.

My team is Wigan Athletic, in the 3rd division of English football (League One). Please do stick around on the forum, we used to have a lot of foreign fans on here but a lot no longer post, which is a shame.

Once more, welcome to Football Forums!

3. alexis9000

Supports:
    Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Marítimo, Cruzeiro de Belo Horizonte, Borussia Monchengladbach
    I completelly understand you wanted more members. But isn't this actually one of the more visited football forums? Anyway I guess I'll just wait and see.

4. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Welcome welcome you finally made it then. Phew thank **** for that.

alexis9000 likes this.
  5. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Btw. Thank you for Nuno, Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota. I have brought many a box of tissues this season. Portugal is ****ing brilliant :-)

alexis9000 likes this.
  6. alexis9000

Supports:
    You're right I was kind stressed out because I wasn't posting anything (not even here!) but it's solved thanks to you guys.

Thank you, really

P.S: HAHAHA, Rúben Neves is brilliant, but FC Porto doesn't really need the other two. Apart from that the team I like here in Portugal is actually SL Benfica (Porto's rival) ehehe.

7. Quirkafleeg

Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Enjoy the forum my friend, dont let the rabble worry you too much you'll encounter them soon enough. Stand up and stand proud and always shout at the top of your voice '**** ADZ HES A ****ING WANKER'

Shane and alexis9000 like this.
  8. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    This is so wrong.

You forgot to include the word 'fat'.

Also, Welcome Alexis.

alexis9000 likes this.
  9. alexis9000

Supports:
    I'm not even sure what's going on. :partyanimal

Thank you for the welcome. :)

10. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    Adz is a member on this forum. He's a horrible human being, so, if you come across him do not worry too much.

alexis9000 likes this.
  11. alexis9000

Supports:
    Oh, ok, thanks for that.

12. Dirk

Dirk Moin

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Hi Alexis, greetings from Germany and welcome here.

You already have a new one....me ;). You like Bundesliga football and that's nice to hear in these dark times for us. Hope to read something from you about Gladbach in our Bundesliga Thread.

13. Benji

Benji Registered User

Supports:
    expected goals
    Hello, I've heard nice things about Madeira. Did you know for example that Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo is from there?

14. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC Dildo Holding Extraordinaire

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    At least have the courtesy to tag me bro x

Wtf Phteve
    Don’t listen to them brother x

15. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Welcome to the forum Alexis! As much as it pains me to welcome a Benfica fan, it’s good to have a fellow Portugal fan here

16. Shane

Shane Welham shags dogs

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    @AdzSAFC

17. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC Dildo Holding Extraordinaire

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC