1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hereford FC

Discussion in 'National League & Non-League' started by Panja, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Used to be called Hereford United until an unpaid tax bill put an end to the club. A winding up order and a couple of Chairmen later and the club has resurfaced in the Midland League under the clever guise of erm, Hereford FC. Gates of over 4,000 have seen the club breaking attendance records in non league football, they're currently second in the division with games in hand and they've just reached the final of the FA Vase, the first club to get to a Wembley final in its inaugural season.

Get your scarves now before the bandwagon leaves town..

2. No-One Likes Us

No-One Likes Us Super Neil Harris

Supports:
    Millwall
    Makes you wonder where all those fans were before.

3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Maybe they were just pissed off with what was happening to their club with the dodgy owners and fans had no voice in what was going on. For myself i wish them well and hope they can do a AFC Wimbledon and climb up the leagues and get back into League 2. Been to Hereford a few times watching Wycombe and met some decent fans who deserve better.

4. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    New regime. I'm convinced that Birmingham's gates will rise by at least 5,000 when Carson Yeung finally leaves St Andrews.

But that's another story. I wish Hereford well. At least the club will be run properly and efficiently now..

5. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    This year Hereford will play in the Southern League, or Southern League Division One South & West to give it it's full title. This after winning the Midland Combination last year and almost doing the double when the lost in the final of the FA Vase.
    Should be interesting..

Possibly..

6. StewieJT

StewieJT Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Good luck to them. I hope they continue their rise.

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Won their opening game 2-1 at AFC Totton.

Panja likes this.
  8. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    It's played three, won three for the Bulls after they tore Bridgwater asunder on Saturday. John Mills scored his first hat trick of the season to make it four goals in two games, starting the season as he ended last term when he scored an incredible 52 goals after his move from Didcot in 2014.

Shortwood FC are the next team to be thrown into the Edgar St cauldron tonight, then it's the visit of Alvechurch in the FA cup on Saturday, and that's about as mouth watering as it can get at this level.

9. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Made short work of Shortwood last night, coming out winners 3-0 with big Johnny Mills netting his fifth of the season. 12 points from four games makes them outright leaders of the pack but the brilliantly named Supermarines of Swindon do have a game in hand.

10. Mr Noughthing

Mr Noughthing Registered User

Supports:
    The reds
    Are you going to their games out of interest or just observing from afar?

Its notable that they are the now the 5th best supported club outside the football league which is some going, by the time they get to the Conference proper they could be playing in front of 5000 again like the old old days.

11. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    I live in Thailand so yeah, just observing from afar.

Beat Alvechurch 4-2 in the cup yesterday after being 2-0 down at half time. It's your classic "game of two halves is that"

12. Mr Noughthing

Supports:
    The reds
    Wow that is afar. Do you watch any domestic football over there?

13. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    I used to. I followed Chiang Mai FC home and away for over three years but the President has wrecked the club so I refuse to give him my support and money. I travelled a lot to follow them around the country, and when I say a lot, I'm talking a 3,000kms round trip for one away game. It was a laugh, just a shame the way it's gone.

Chiang Mai FC

14. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    The runaway juggernaut that is oft seen heading southwest bound on a Saturday afternoon continued apace last night when it met the ill prepared Bishops Cleeve and destroyed all in its path. A 4-0 score line in front of 3,000 fervent home fans means the Bulls of Hereford have now won all of their opening six games. Big Johnny Mills netted a brace and is now on course to score another 50+ goals as he did last year when he slayed all before him in the Midland Combination.

15. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Hereford FC have told their supporters to arrive at Romulus' ground early on Saturday if they want to get in without queuing as a bumper crowd is expected for this FA cup first qualifying match.
    Formerly based at Vale Stadium in the Castle Vale area of Birmingham, Romulus now share a ground with Sutton Coldfield Town. Several Premier League players, mostly ex-Aston Villa players such as Darius Vassell, Zat Knight and brothers Stefan Moore and Luke Moore, played for Romulus early in their careers.

I hate them already.

16. Mr Noughthing

Supports:
    The reds
    Would be great if we draw Hereford in the Cup on Monday, that would be a memorable occasion. When I first started watching us in the old Vaux Conference, games v Hereford would attract 6 1\2k crowds and id imagine a cup game would produce a similar crowd, bigger if its at Edgar Street, they could be pretty feisty affairs.

Panja likes this.
  17. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    F/T Romulus 1 Hereford 1.

18. Mr Noughthing

Supports:
    The reds
    They have been drawn away to Tonbridge Angels in the next round, 3QR.

Tough one as Tonbridge are 2nd in the Isthmian Prem.

19. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Dropped their first league points at Tiverton at the weekend when they drew 1-1. Tonight they're at home to Slimbridge in their rearranged game which was cancelled to their lengthy cup run, which is still ongoing. Fans have ben asked to get there early as two blocks at Edgar St are already sold out.

20. Panja

Panja Established

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Big Johnny Mills gets a brace and Slimbridge's promotion hopes gets one in the teeth as the Bulls of Herefordshire win 3-0. That's eight wins in nine now and a gap at the top is forming from the rest of the pack.
    Next up is the mouth watering FA cup tie at Tonbridge Angels who ply their trade in the Isthmian Premier league. This will be the toughest test yet for manager Peter Beadle, who immediately after the game said he has told the FA he is unavailable for the vacant England job. Giddy up..