1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Horror movies

Discussion in 'TV & Film' started by Hashtag55, Aug 27, 2019.

1. WBArgo

WBArgo Registered User

Another old one I've thought of, Wickerman. Not the scariest in terms of jumps etc but a very creepy idea and unique.

2. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Great ending too.

3. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    Wicker Man is one of the best.

The Omen
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Black Christmas
    Suspiria (the recent remake is pretty good as well)
    Ring
    Blair Witch Project

Watched Hereditary recently - wouldn't say it entirely hit the mark, but it was very well made, and one of the best of recent years. The original Woman in Black from 1990(?) is brilliant. I liked the 2012 version with Dan Radcliffe as well, but the first is superior, just a shame it's not available in any kind of decent quality. Which reminds me, there was a Japanese one I watched on the recommendation of that guy TDK who used to post here - Noroi: The Curse. Reminded me because I've only ever been able to find it in 240p :laugh: ****ing weird film and enjoyable.

4. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Member

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Wrong Turn 1/2/3/4/5/6 and Train To Busan (Zombie movie)

GrantCFC likes this.
  5. GrantCFC

GrantCFC Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Those Wrong Turn movies are perfect for a laugh.

Either watch them with your mates piss drunk, or watch them with that special someone piss drunk.

Bound to be a great time.

Also, the remake of Texas chainsaw massacre (2003) is the only remake I’d say is better than the original.

6. samcx

samcx Registered User

Supports:
    -
    The Ritual is one I saw recently which I enjoyed and thought was one of the better horrors I'd seen.

7. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    IT comes out on Friday. No one can go till next week. Considering going on my own but never been cinema alone. Plus. Clowns.

8. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Is that the one where the 4 dudes go to that Scandinavian Forest? Freaked me out that.

9. I wouldn't attempt to go to the cinema on your own for the first time to see a horror :laugh: I go on my own quite often, but never to see a horror.

Richard likes this.
  10. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    I have a need to see it on release day lol.
    I don't generally find horrors scary but in a dark cinema alone it could be quite eerie lol.

11. That's why I see so many films alone. I go when I want to watch them, not at the convenience of others.

**** that, I struggle with other people there. An ex and I went to see one once, late at night, and we'd arrived in seperate cars. Never shit myself so much driving down the dark prom that was under construction :laugh:

#51 Flip Duckling, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2019
    Richard likes this.
  12. Panja

Panja In a land down under

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Anybody else seen Get Out?
    It’s down as a thriller but it scared the shite out of me.

13. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    That the ones where his girls family are all a gang of weirdos? Yeah seen it a while back

14. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    :laugh:

It was awful.

More of a comedy horror tbf and it just got daft at the end with the big monster thing.

Yeah I enjoyed that. Not scary but enjoyable. Remake of “guess who’s coming to dinner” I think.

15. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    Yeah it was shit but the little old Swedish woman was bloody creepy.

16. WBArgo

WBArgo Registered User

Saw it on a plane - I guess it's technically a horror but it's more creepy than scary. Overall a clever film but it isn't scary.

17. Iron_Dukem

Iron_Dukem Legendary.

Supports:
    Support: Bath City, Fan: Liverpool
    The original Carrie is my favourite horror movie of all time. The remake I thought was decent, but not to the standard as the original. The remake didn't have the music score or the suspense the original had, but the kills were more brutal in the remake.

Also in the original, everyone in the prom died whereas the remake stayed true to the novel with Carrie having more of a conscience and spares several lives.

The remake was still better than the terrible sequel in the 90's though :laugh:

18. nazzac

nazzac Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    John Carpenter's The Thing is perhaps my all time favourite. I think a lot of modern horror's rely on CGI too much, and whilst i get why no amount of CGI can compare to practical effects, and this movie is possibly the best use of them.

If you want a slasher movie then i would say look no further than the original Halloween. It is still a fantastic movie. If you want a more cheesy slapstick approach then the Friday the 13th franchise is good fun. I also recommend the original A Nightmare on Elm Street to get a good taste of Freddy. Dream Warriors is also a fun film.

Psycho imo is a must for any movie fan and is a masterpiece by Hitchcock.

If you want a zombie fix then i would say the original Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead are the gold standard. The Dawn remake is actually pretty good too, but i prefer 28 days later as a more modernised take on that genre.

You also have great movies that touch into the horror genre even if they are not considered full on horror movies such as Jaws and Alien. Both classic films

I saw someone mention the original Black Christmas. That is one of the most under-rated horror movies of all time in my book.

I love the old Hammer horror movies too and their take on the original Universal monsters.

I could talk horror movies for hours :laugh:

The Valiant, StretfordEnd and RM like this.
  19. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I watched The Witch this week ,an atmospheric and genuinely unsettling little film.Its set in New England in 1630 were a family of Christian homesteaders are haunted by dark deeds ,dark shadows ,dark thoughts, all courtesy of a frankly unnerving supernatural presence. 9/10

The Valiant likes this.
  20. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    Watched Unfriended: Dark Web the other day was actually surprised by how much I liked it. Would recommend.