1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How many academy players will step up this season?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by colinthfc, Jul 30, 2016.

1. colinthfc

colinthfc Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham
    We've discussed Edwards. Who else?

How many Defenders? Pochetino said he is not strengthening in this area and must have a couple in mind

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    Guess Cameron Carter-Vickers is closest to be a back up player in central defence.
    Although I reckon Pochettino will prefer to pull down Dier and use Wanyama in midfield before he goes for CCV.
    Must say Anton Walkes impressed as centre back too against Juventus. His career path remind me of Jake Livermore, another versatile player with good attitude that didn't look very exciting of a prospect in our academy. Don't think he'll break through this season though.

Can only hope Marcus Edwards will keep being involved, regular bench activity with lots of 10 mins subs and hopefully the domestic cup games would be great for a first season.

Harry Winks and Josh Onomah should get game time in central midfield. My hope is that we sell Mason and Carroll with these two in mind.
    Will Miller also showed promise in the pre season, but I doubt there'll be much game time for him. If we don't buy another striker then perhaps Shayon Harrison have more opportunity to get in there. Kyle Walker-Peters probably will have too many ahead of him at right back, three at the moment, but even two will be a challenge for him - expect a loan deal to be honest.

3. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    I have to say this- but I think since west hams famous generation like 15 years ago and southamptons about 10 years ago we must have the best youth system in England.

the amount of quality players we producing in the last 8 years or so is remarkable.