1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Italian Serie A thread

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Magooder, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Cassio

Cassio Registered User

Supports:
    Inter
    For games like Juventus-Napoli / Catania-Palermo / Roma-Napoli absolutely not. The sale of tickets for visiting supporters is prohibited, away stands are empty.

If we take Juventus-Napoli as example, if the match is played in Turin you can't buy any ticket if you live in Campania (the region in which Naples is located).

Recently they prohibited Lazio fans (probably at the moment the worst supporters of Italy) to reach Marseille for the UEL match for the same reason.

The main problem with these "supporters" of these big clubs is that we are talking about real criminals, their "leaders" are controlled by the most important and powerful criminal organizations in the world (especially 'Ndrangheta, which rules Juventus supporters), because it's a real business for them.

2. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Interesting.

Any chance on how hard it would be to get tickets for Atalanta/Juve and Napoli/Inter in mid-February, mate?

3. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Insigne moving to the MLS?

4. Cassio

Cassio Registered User

Supports:
    Inter
    Atalanta-Juve could be more difficult, Gewiss Stadium is always full and it has only 25k seats. You can try but you should check Atalanta's website frequently.
    As for Napoli-Inter, you shouldn't have problems.

5. Philip The Frog

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    France has just been hit by a 5k maximum attendance figure in outdoor events such as football games. No chance of this happening in Italy?

6. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    A real shame that Insigne will part from Napoli. But I don't blame him in the least. A Neapolitan captain and a key player who genuinely loves his club, and yet he gets offered a substantial pay-cut - basically a joke and an insult. More De Laurentiis BS, not the first time and won't be the last. Apparently a similar situation is developing with Fabian Ruiz. Insigne should've retired at Napoli, just as Papu Gomez should've retired at Atalanta. Generally I love the chaos of Italian football, and things are always interesting, but the chaos can be so annoying at times.

Sounds as though Juve are confident that they're finally getting rid of Ramsey :laugh: Believe it when I see it, given that silly contract that he's happy to sit on... They're making Morata stay for the extent of his loan, but not a chance that they'll buy him. Inter pretty much tied up Onana as their next GK. Will be a shame to see an end to Handanovic, as he's been phenomenal, but he's clearly a declined figure. Look forward to seeing Ikone play for Fiorentina - that looks a real coup. Gonzalez-Vlahovic-Ikone is potentially dynamite. Also maybe Piatek back to Genoa.

7. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Not sure what Mourinho will make of his side blowing a 3-1 lead and missing a penalty to lose 4-3!

8. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Lost 9 games in 21 league games and doesn't have the best defensive record which is a trademark of his teams. I don't think it's an exaggeration or that unfair anymore to say he's past it

9. Philip The Frog

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Inter v Lazio not a bad watch either. Some great games in Serie A this season.

10. Zydus

Zydus Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    What a mad game between Roma and Juve. Just watched the highlights this morning.

11. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    Yeah, game of the season so far. It was an excellent game at 1-0 and 1-1, even before the madness that would follow. Such a strange game from Juve, with a goal that you never, ever expect them to concede for 1-0 (which I don't think would've happened with Bon or Chi on the field), but the typical Juventus grit showing in the end. Said not long ago that Wojciech is not an easy guy to beat from the spot, and he showed it again. Having a very good spell after a nightmare start to the season.

Bastoni a boss for Inter. The guy is such a consistently good crosser, and it was a fantastic shot for that goal. It's still early to make such a judgement, but Inter look maybe a better side under Inzaghi than under Conte. They're sure as hell a better footballing side, but that was always expected.

Great Sassuolo performance as well, with 2 goals each for Raspadori and Scamacca. The big clubs should be seriously pushing for one of these guys now. I believe Juve are planning a move for Scamacca, but the likes of Milan should def be interested also. Berardi having a great season. Think he's in double figures for goals already, and close for assists.

12. Philip The Frog

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    How rubbish is de Ligt? Juventus certainly took a gamble on the wrong Dutch CB there (unlike Inter even though de Vrij is partly to blame for Lazio's goal sunday evening).

Regarding Bastoni, he seems to like going forward now which I didn't notice previously. He was more of a LB than a LCB on sunday evening and enjoying it. Having Brozovic compensating next to Skrinniar & de Vrij does help. Agree that Inzaghi is making them a better outfit than Conte. Lukaku is very good but he makes his side rather one-dimensional (hoof, head or lay off to #10). You just don't have that (or less of that) with Dzeko (actually Inzaghi dared put the Bosnian on the bench in favour of Alexis Sanchez, doubt Conte would have taken that gamble).

13. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    Nearly mentioned De Ligt - I think he's a good player who will have a good career, but he's not flourished as we would've expected at Juve. Everyone thought that he would learn so much from Bonucci and Chiellini and the general culture at Juventus, but it's as if he's not actually had room to become a leader, because those two are such huge and respected characters, and always directing everyone else on the pitch. Funny thing is, the Dutch always play De Ligt ahead of De Vrij, when the latter is the better player, certainly at this point in time. Better defender, better on the ball.

I agree on Lukaku - I love the guy but I just think a team can become predictable when they have that obvious out ball every time. And I think you only ever get the best out of him when he's the unquestioned focal point of the team, which means others may suffer. Inter would sometimes look a poor footballing team under Conte despite being filled with quality footballers. And if Lukaku didn't have an effective game, it was as if they didn't know what to do.

Thought Alexis had probably one of his best Inter games there. I think he's done okay at Inter, just not well enough to justify the 7-8m Euro per year salary, especially as he's more of an impact sub than anything else. And obviously for whatever reason he just can't score goals any more, can't finish. Think they have him for another season after this, but can see him ending up in the MLS, Qatar, China or wherever on some huge contract.

14. Philip The Frog

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    Not having that on de Ligt. de Vrij is by far more secure and composed (again, the Lazio game wasn't his best). Not buying this Bonucci/Chiellini personality thing either. He's the weak link when he plays next to either (the fact that each of them have better games than de Ligt at that age is itself the whole problem, is it not?) and without them, Juve can't defend set-pieces. He just isn't a commanding CB and needs to big game defender to have a decent game. Not good enough for that level imo but that's me.

I'm astonished that the Dutch still trust him after getting sent off against the Czech Republic in Budapest. Surely, Holland have someone better?

15. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    I agree that De Vrij is better. Personally, I'd play De Vrij more often, but they're building De Ligt to be their future.

De Ligt is certainly good enough for Serie A, and quite possibly Juventus in time. There's no shame in being the lesser man while playing with Bon/Chi; they're both still fantastic players. Personally I don't think it's time to give up on De Ligt, but it definitely is time for him to emerge, as Chiellini picks up lots of injuries these days, and can't play game after game in any case. With the huge price they paid, De Ligt has definitely been disappointing, no doubt. And it was a bad look having such a poor game when he had the opportunity to be the leader v Roma.

In general, Juve haven't got much right in the transfer market in recent years.