1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've just had this delivered.....

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Habbinalan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    I've looked back over the last year and can't find an equivalent to the "Recently Purchased" thread from another place. I needed somewhere to put pictures of my (surely soon to happen) first ever delivery from an on-line supermarket order and my first ever delivery of a take-away. Surely events that require a formal record?

But first of all, this ........

upload_2020-3-25_13-44-59.jpeg

upload_2020-3-25_13-45-21.jpeg

I hope to soon have pictures of the wild beasts of the fens, caught on my new camera trap, visiting our recently renovated and re-lined water hole, so will aim to get a "Nature Wild in Tooth, Claw and Scent" thread going in the next few days.

Meanwhile, @Tomohawk @TAFKAP I think I heard last time I broached this subject that the site software has a feature somewhere that re-sizes images automatically so that they're small enough to be acceptable as an upload. It's just that it hasn't been switched on or no-one's worked out how to use it. If so, can somone get it switched on? If that was just me dreaming, what size do I need to get images down to ideally and any short cuts? At the moment I have to upload them to a site that re-sizes them, re-save on my PC then copy and paste.

JTC77 likes this.
  2. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Looks like some piece of kit. Are you going to be getting all 'cammoed' up and hiding in bushes (in a non-seedy way of course) to snap pics of wild beasts? :D

As for the part you tagged me in, I appreciate you thinking of me in your time of need, but I have no clue about that sort of thing - I am just a mod of the music so will leave @TAFKAP to sort that out for you :)

3. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    My mrs has two of those. We get a few hedgehogs mosts nights when they aren't hibernating, and a fox pays a visit every now and again. She managed to video a badger too, but that was a place we went for a few nights, rather than the garden.

What are you hoping to get on video/picture?

4. Habbinalan

Supports:
    I tagged you coz I noticed you were online and thought that you might know who knew their way around the site software.

The whole point is that I don't need to get all cammoed up and hide in the bushes (any more :ashamed ) as the "trap" is triggered by movement sensors.

We know that deer and foxes regularly visit for a drink, so they're my first target but something has been digging up our bulbs and rooting under some hedges. Probably foxes again but I need to have a closer look because there are badgers in the neighbourhood.

The fact that you're not sure what might be down there at night is half the fun and the main reason to have a go.

Once things get back to normal, we'll take it on our trips as we know we've been "in the presence" of various interesting nocturnal beasts outside the tent/lodge on our many adventures.

5. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    That's the exciting part, seeing what you've got in the morning and who's sharing your garden. Enjoy!

6. Habbinalan

Supports:
    Second batch of veg seeds came this morning.

upload_2020-3-26_16-17-31.jpeg

Then white van man has been busy down our road this afternoon whilst I was out digging.

An accidental duplicate order of tapenades, pastes and flavours means we have to find space for 3 dozen jars of the stuff and then a massive box full of Lush smellies arrived to cheer up the good lady.

upload_2020-3-26_16-21-35.jpeg

7. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
  8. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Rats is what you will see most i reckon.

9. Habbinalan

Supports:
    You might be right but, surprisingly, we haven't seen them around the bird feeders for a while. I think the foxes thin them out every so often, as they do the rabbits - that go from dozens to zero each time we have a family of foxes in residence, then build up again over a couple of years.

We seem to see fewer rats these days and many more foxes. When we had livestock, rats were annual visitors - especially when we got a decent hard winter. Haven't had them in the compost heaps for a few years now. I think they are mainly drawn in to the horsey folk and remaining pig farm around the village.

johnnyT likes this.
  10. Habbinalan

Supports:

Well that went better than expected. I did a trial run last night. 124 pictures taken (in blocks of 4) so triggered 31 times and plenty of decent images of a Muntjack Deer (i think only one but will check), a Fox and a squirrel - all coming for a drink.

I'll tidy up the images and start a new thread in due course but meanwhile:

upload_2020-3-27_10-24-19.jpeg

upload_2020-3-27_10-25-9.jpeg

upload_2020-3-27_10-26-53.jpeg

upload_2020-3-27_10-44-16.jpeg

upload_2020-3-27_10-40-57.jpeg

I think that birds and possibly rats are too small to trigger the camera as I've initially set it up

11. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton