1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Ross sacked.

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Bobbin’, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Yeah mate, I think him being appointed when he was was what was the club needed at the time. As you say, his managerial stints since suggest he’s lost the magic touch.
    :laugh: Netflix FC will be hitting your screens again in the next few month apparently.

Personally I would want Rowett, Cook, Allardyce or Hughton. All managers who have either been successful all around or who know this division inside out. We will see how the betting fluctuates, but interesting to see Ainsworth up there.

Yes mate likewise, but I can guarantee we’ll have some idiots who won’t like him because of his Newcastle connections.

Be funny if it’s Ainsworth, not that I’d want him :laugh:

Cotterill:49 likes this.
  2. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    Looking at that list if I was a Sunderland fan I’d want Cook, Stendel or Clough. Everybody else would seem like a bad choice or managers I don’t think would want to join Sunderland. Rowett is so overrated and has stole a living since being in the Championship but did do well in League Two with Burton and jumped up to the Championship with Birmingham so has no experience of League One if I recall correctly.

3. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Adkins wouldn't even be my choice as club physio lol....get Stendel, the man at least shows passion.

4. WBArgo

WBArgo Registered User

Good - it was very enjoyable (not taking the piss at the plight of Sunderland but it was interesting to see the goings on)

5. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I think there's big issues that are going to stop him being a manager. He needs to adapt to how players are in the modern game if he's going to be remotely successful, and he's not prepared to that. He spoke recently about how the games gone soft,and reminisced about how in his day after one game Brian Clough punched him and it was all forgotten about the next day, but he needs to understand that it's not 1990 anymore and you can't act like that anymore.

Also, the level of respect he shows for players at the standard he'd be managing at, is abysmal. He recently spoke about how Jon Walters, didn't have a good career and took the piss out of him for not winning a major trophy. The same Jon Walters that was his best player at Ipswich, and earned himself a Premier League move whilst he got the sack. He isn't going to be able to manage players of that standard any more. I don't think he'd have any respect for pretty much the entire Sunderland side as players.

Adz and Thijssen like this.
  6. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Adkins would get that Sunderland squad up and keep them up.

7. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    He’s a proper weirdo. Could start a fight in an empty room. Would you want to go to work every day with that loon glowering at you?

8. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nigel Adkins has managed in League 1 in three seasons, and in all three he's been promoted. I'd be confident he'd do the same with Sunderland.

2006/07: Scunthorpe United (1st), 91 points
    2008/09: Scunthorpe Unied (6th), 76 points [Play-Off Winners]
    2010/11: Southampton (2nd), 92 points

9. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Definitely not. A lot of the older generation are used to their being bullies in a changing room, but anyone would prefer for there not to be. You wouldn't want to be there with a legitimate injury that was eventually going to put an end to your career (like in Walters case), with Keane attacking your professionalism whilst also:

- admitting to going out to end a players a career, and telling his Ipswich players that his £200,000 fine was the best £200,000 he ever spent
    - would often play and train drunk/hungover, to the point of being arrested on a drunken binge four days before the 1999 FA Cup Final
    - walked out on his side at the world cup

10. Arkwright

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie

You want a man who will relate to the fans and play good football....

Cotterill:49 and Steve - Wfc like this.
  11. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    He had a season with Sheffield United and they finished miles outside of the playoffs.

Arkwright likes this.
  12. Bobbin’

Bobbin’ Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Sunderland have supposedly made contact with Stendel.

Some of the reaction from Sunderland fans on twitter is embarrassing.

13. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Apologies, I've got that wrong, in my head I presumed they were Championship but it shows how far they've come.

I'd be chuffed with Stendel if I were a Sunderland fan.

JJH. likes this.
  14. Bobbin’

Bobbin’ Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    A lot of them seem to have just seen that he’s left Barnsley after a winless run and have automatically deemed him not good enough with absolutely no knowledge of his situation at Barnsley and completely forgetting that he won automatic promotion from this league last season.

15. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Registered User

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Yeah but, Twitter init.

16. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Official approach made to Wycombe to speak with Gareth Ainsworth. With all due respect, myself and pretty much every other fan would be extremely underwhelmed. Stendel would be my choice.

@Mowgli thoughts?

17. Arkwright

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I didn't think much of it when we were linked with Ainsworth either bud....don't rate him....scruffy looking twat as well lol.

18. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    I think he’s one of those that is well suited to his existing environment. He obviously has a lot of stability at Wycombe, seeing as though he’s been in charge for 7 years now. He’s been through relegations, struggles and promotions but still kept his job. He would not get that kind of stability here, guaranteed.

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    He has never got us relegated mate, he was close in 2012 when we stayed in The Football League by 3 goals and Bristol Rovers f*cked up on the last day so they went down instead :roflmao :bananadance
    I will be surprised if Ainsworth takes the job but not surprised if he takes the Reading job if an offer comes in and it's only just over 20 miles away, his 2 boys are at local schools, he plays football on sunday for a team just outside Reading and he plays guitar and sings in a local band :laugh:

JJH. and JoshBCFC like this.
  20. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    He needs that look for the rock band he's in :rock: Not that looks matter or Ian Dowie would never have been allowed to become a pro footballer. :laugh:

Arkwright likes this.