1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremy Kyle Cancelled Indefinitely

Discussion in 'TV & Film' started by AlissonWonderland, May 15, 2019.

1. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    So it seems a bloke has topped himself a week after appearing on the show and failing a lie detector test. Today ITV have made the decision to indefinitely cease production. What are people's thoughts on this?

It says a lot about today's society that it has taken a loss of life to end this human bear-baiting by a man with absolutely no qualifications to counsel and a personal life dirtier than Gary Lineker's 1990 world cup Y-fronts.

Be funny to see if he still acts like Bertie big bollocks stood around all his former guests in the dole queue...

2. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    As you say sad its taken a tragic death to end a programme that seemed to exploit people at their lowest with people allowed to laugh at them.

I presume the show must have had a few previous warnings and this was the final straw?

#2 Super_horns, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    AlissonWonderland likes this.
  3. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Sadly what suprises me more is that it's been on air this long before something like this happened.
    The 'grieving fiance' was on the radio yesterday sounding rather chirpy that the show had proven her right :no:
    I've caught bits of it over the years and it's always made me feel distincly uncomfortable that it makes a public show out of letting people attack / shame / belittle and destroy the hopes and dreams of people on national TV, no matter how 'deserving' or 'undeserving' they might be
    Not a loss to British broadcasting at all IMO.

#3 TLC, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Sandsy, BoscombeLass, Mowgli and 3 others like this.
  4. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Why o why did he put himself on the show though ?

Anyone who appeared on the shit programme was opening themselves to ridicule.

I saw the daft bint being interviewed on TV and she didn't come across as being sad as one would expect.

Can blame the Yanks for this daft programme as we used to have Jerry Springer on our screens.

BoscombeLass, SALTIRE and Jonny Ninja like this.
  5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    My birds sister was in the crowd to one of his shows recently and came back telling us how truly arrogant and unlikeable he is in real life, much worst than what you see on the show in fact.

Made up the shite has been cancelled, dreadful show. Sadly you just know it'll be replaced with something equally nauseous. I hate daytime TV, drab depressing, gossip ridden turd the lot of it.

BoscombeLass likes this.
  6. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead The Lion of Judah

Supports:
    BHAFC
    2 Love Island contestants have killed themselves in the last year, but obviously ITV don’t want to lose out on their main cash cow.

Make no mistake, Jeremy Kyle would still be on TV if it had bigger viewing figures, and most of the people who care now won’t even think about it when they can perv on someone they find hot in a few weeks.

The Doc and johnnyT like this.
  7. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I always assumed a lot of the people on there were plants, I guess not though after this week.

8. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'd always questioned whether some of the more ridiculous guests were actors.

9. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    A vile show that preyed on the mentally ill for ratings, Kyle liked to shout abuse to people and then hide behind the security guys he's a wimp of a man and hopefully somebody will give him the f*cking good slap he deserves.

10. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    It was their biggest day time show still. 1m viewers a day or something which for daytime I’d imagine is quite good.

Love Island being one of ITV’s top shows shows how far that channel has fallen.

#10 RM, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    He will just carry on in America the Trump supporting part of the population love him I bet?

12. Panja

Panja From a land down under

Supports:
    The Blues & Melbourne Victory on the side
    It’s true. Essex came to a standstill for an hour every day while Jeremy was on the box

13. BoscombeLass

BoscombeLass Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Post on his Facebook from a former partner

"I regret to say i knew this man in total he gave me 4 years of hell a compulsive liar, thief, and cheat.When i finally got him out of my home I had 18 months of stalking and threats ,and 5 years to clear the debt he left me in, and now he's gone i can finally stop looking over my shoulder, so i can have peace in my life now"

Rebecca Hine (former partner)

My two cents worth of the day, as I posted on Facebook last night:

"An exploitative TV show (rightly) gets shut down after a participant dies within weeks of appearing on it, being in an episode where he appears to do a lie detector test, being confident the test will say he's telling the truth, that he never cheated on his fiancee. He failed the test and collapsed to the ground crying, begging to his other half that the test is wrong. On the 12th May, 10 days after filming, he was found dead in his Portsmouth home. The episode will never be shown, but audience descriptions of events are very much the same.

However, my argument is, is that when the Tories are caught red-handed trying to hide the fact that literally thousands of extremely sick and disabled people, who have died within weeks of being declared "fit for work" in their disgusting disability denial system (which costs far more to administer than it will ever save in reduced disability benefits), millions of people continue to flock to the polls to actually vote them back into power and keep the vile Tory disability denial system in place.

Any country where people get outraged by the first issue, but actively endorse the ongoing second issue is a country with absolutely deranged priorities.

If "The Jeremy Kyle Show", gets permanently shut down after a participant dies on the show, after appearing on it within weeks, what should happen to the Tory Party, after literally thousands of disabled people died within weeks of being deemed "fit and able to work", in the Tory/DWP disability assessment system?.

CONSERSATIVES!!, HOUNDING DISABLED PEOPLE TO DEATH AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE!!!."

Don't cheat in the first place is the lesson learned here.

Apparently a show runner has come public and anonymous, saying that the clothes most of the guests wore were not their own, they were given them to return later, so they looked chavvy and were put in a hotel overnight with access to a mini bar so they could get wasted overnight before filming.

#13 BoscombeLass, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    AlissonWonderland likes this.
  14. BoscombeLass

BoscombeLass Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    An ex wife has come forward and said he was a nonce.

Although if he did not cheat, he would have not got the treatment he did from the show, which drove him down to the level of depression which made him take his own life, the show nonetheless in the wake of this has seen former showrunners go public and say to the media that if the results from lie detector come back from the examiner as inconclusive, the production team make up a result to create entertainment for the viewers and put emotions right on the bottom rung.

They also make participants wear clothing they are given, so they look like a typical benefit claimant, and put them up in a hotel where they have access to a minibar, allowing them to get wasted the day before taping. Suicide and depression awareness, is not been made significant enough in our society on the understanding front of it, meaning people just come up with ill informed opinions on it, when it's not an illness or the easy way out.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, The Jeremy Kyle show has been treating guests like this for so long, this was a tragedy waiting to happen, although he deserves everything if his past of noncing is true.

#14 BoscombeLass, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Mowgli likes this.
  15. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Yep that’s my view

BoscombeLass likes this.
  16. BoroWill

BoroWill Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Lie detectors don't work anyway

Machida likes this.
  17. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    The show isn't new so not like the bloke didn't know what he was getting into. A girl I went to school with was on it a few years ago. She was having an affair with married man and fell pregnant and the bloke said it wasn't his. If he'd have left it at that she would have just got on with life but this bloke and her family made her life hell for the next couple of years, literally screaming and shouting at her every time they saw her as well as telling her teenage girls that their mum was a slut etc. She couldn't afford a paternity test so she went on the show and she handled herself well, she just stuck to the facts while this bloke and his fat mum sat there saying she shagged about and the baby wasn't his. The baby was and he had to cough up. She did say that the person who came to see her the night before in the hotel was encouraging her to hit the mini bar but she wasn't interested. She got a few sneers for going on it but far better than people harassing you and your children in the street on a daily basis.

18. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    My barber was telling me as customer of his was on it. Two exes and him. One of them called him micro dick on live tv. Classic.

19. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Making Kyle and ITV's exploitation and condemnation of people who fail them all the more loathsome imo.

20. Stuarty

Stuarty Registered User

Supports:
    aston villa