1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Laugh at the Villa thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Davep, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Burg

Burg The Fulham

Supports:
    Fulham
    the things I'd do for Ross McCormack back....

2. Robert Heenan

Robert Heenan Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Actually McCormack and Jedinak are brilliant signings. I have absolutely nothing whatsoever against Aston Villa and only called the new Italian keeper the dross. Ive actually praised the signings of McCormack and Jedinak but unforunaaely even with these players its simply not working out at Villa.

Im sorry and I apologise if I have upset you or offended you. Believe me I have absolutely nothing against Villa and I dont revel in Villas plight whatsoever

Im just like everyone else bewildered by whats going on at the great club and right now they are just two points above the relegation zone

#142 Robert Heenan, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. m.oneillAVFC

m.oneillAVFC Registered

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Ah don't worry you can't upset me I have had dog's abuse for 4 years .It was the way you worded the statement. Sounded like you were saying all the purchases were dross.

4. Phil K

Phil K Registered User

Supports:
    Newcastle
    Seems Villa are getting what they indulged in so enthusiastically against Newcastle in 2009.
    Media putting the boot in, (nowhere near as bad as the media did against Newcastle then though)
    But Villa haven't had the level of unfair animosity and bullshit we got then though.
    If I'm honest I don't think they'll go down again like the Sheffield clubs and Leeds did. Still time to get themselves into the play-offs.
    Sunderland got automatic promotion after losing the first 4 and floundering first half of season.

5. Phil K

Phil K Registered User

Supports:
    Newcastle
    Yeah, you flattered to deceive when you beat Newcastle first game.
    Newcastle had almost a completely new team that barely knew each other.
    They're STILL not gelling right but getting there. Fulham do need him though you're right with that
    And McCormack would probably jump at the chance of a return

6. Coldhands

Coldhands Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Get over it.

I've not met a Newcastle fan at St James' Park or down here that gives more a moneky's about us than they do anybody else. The feeling is the same, bar a few balloons on the web like Mickey Quinn who are still crying 7 years on.

We laughed at you going down. Get over it, every other club in the country would have done the same after years of post-Sky "Gerodie Nation" and "Everybody's favourite 2nd club" garbage. People laughed at us going down. We laughed when we sent you down again. I'm sure people laughed at Leeds and other big clubs getting a comeuppance.

You even laughed at small ones like the Noses doing it. Its what fans do, engage in schadenfreude, but I don't see SMall Heath dripping tears over their key boards over half a decade later fueling some fantasy rivalry.

The media aren't out to get you either, so stop bleating, pick your chin up and develop some thicker skin.

7. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I've never took pleasure from great old traditional clubs like Villa and Newcastle being relegated.....both have loyal fans...not wall to wall plastics......

8. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    Look what you have done now Dave p you have only gone and got RDM the sack with your Ludicrous Banter.....Bastard! ;)

AnotherSaddler likes this.
  9. AnotherSaddler

AnotherSaddler Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    I'll admit it does amuse me to see Villa's current predicament, that's probably due to being brought up in Villa area (Aldridge/Streetly for those who know the north of Birmingham) and being on the receiving end of an awful lot of patronising shite in my formative years.

I'm sure they'll be back in the top flight, it just might take Mr Xia a bit more money and time than he thought when he took over. So I'll enjoy their squirming and whinging whilst I can.

Walsall's rivalry is with Shrewsbury & Port Vale rather than Villa, after all it's hard to have a rivalry with a club who haven't beaten us in a competitive game for well over 80 years.. (just thought I'd throw that one in)

10. Coldhands

Supports:
    Aston Villa
  11. AnotherSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
    Haha, just shows how dire you've been for the last 12 months if Walsall fans can have a little snigger.

As I said above though, it won't be too long until you're back in the Premier League, you have the huge advantage of a lot of money behind you.
    Might not be at the end of this season though

12. Coldhands

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    To be honest it was a stretch giving you one word to force being patronising.

13. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    your club is an absolute laughing stock and you are STILL giving it the big un to another club, this is why so many are laughing at Villa now, totally unjustified sense of your own status

toshj, Silas, JourneyOn and 1 other person like this.
  14. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    That's because they're shit.

15. Coldhands

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I'm responding to a Walsall fan. A club I can't even pretend to care about, who we've played 4 times competitively in our history.

Could be worse, could be a Coventry fan I suppose. Least Walsall is good for a local pre season friendly.

16. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I find the notion that the media put the boot in to Newcastle hilarious.

The whole media, sport included, is one big Geordie wankfest.

17. AnotherSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
    Thanks, that's illustrated perfectly why fans of other clubs (particularly in the West Midlands) are so enjoying the demise of Aston Villa

JourneyOn likes this.
  18. JourneyOn

JourneyOn Registered User

Supports:
    Birmingham
    Arrogant, Ignorant, Deluded,

19. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    They should get rid of 'Prepared' and use one of them instead.

20. Burg

Burg The Fulham

Supports:
    Fulham
    Thought we were quality that night tbf, even if you hadn't gelled and could've had a couple of penalties.