1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League 1 Members General Chat

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by PhilJack, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    You say charities but they are there to help those in desperate need through issues that most can’t help. I’m sorry, but most clubs aiming for the money pot of the Premier League and spunking money way, way, way beyond their means only have themselves to blame. Those above should not be held responsible in looking after those beneath them.

With regards to Bill Gates then I absolutely do not expect him to share his wealth. Similarly to my point before, this is money he has rightfully earned through sheer hard work and determination. If he wanted to pass that to his family after his passing then great! So he should! As it happens, he is concentrating on being a philanthropist so well done to him, but I still wouldn’t expect it of him to share it out. Because again, why should he? :laugh:

As @LUFCAndy has pointed out, it’s up to the FA to step in and help those in need, or even other governing bodies - not those who have themselves in the higher divisions.

2. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Sharing wealth and donating to charities are completely different things, I'm not sure how you can put them in the same boat tbh. I'm not suggesting the individual clubs should support others, but the EPL should be supporting the EFL financially which should in turn support the clubs during this time.

To your question of why should he, because it's the right thing to do? The EPL should be wanting to help other clubs where/when they can. If they aren't wanting to then it's a sad state of our world today.

I also very much doubt that L1 & L2 clubs are aiming for the money pot of the EPL. Only yourselves, Bolton, Ipswich etc would realistically even consider life in the EPL. And no offence, this just shows that whilst you're in L1, you're not really 'one of us'. Football isn't supposed to be only about business, but community. The EPL and the rich money grabbing clubs are ruining that in their desperation for owning all the money in the world. And it's this greediness that is hurting lower league clubs.

I don't want any help from the EPL under normal circumstances. I personally am proud that I'm not a glory supporter who attends 1 game every few years and views players as celebrities rather than real people who you might see in Asda during the week. Who's to say we'll even need the help from the EPL, but if we do, I fully expect them to support the EFL clubs.

#20322 Gassy, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Mowgli likes this.
  3. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    @Adz

Just been watching some of your Nexflix programme!

Trust then to be filming when it was probably your worse season ever !

Adz likes this.
  4. Reginald Fodstain

Reginald Fodstain Not Scouse

Supports:
    Tranmere Rovers
    Two years ago, I was having the so called joy of watching non league football every week, visiting a lot of clubs with a thousand home fans who (excluding the bankrolled examples of Fylde, Harrogate etc) turn over practically nothing every year. To lose five games worth of gate money will have dire consequences for many, not only in this league but especially further down the pyramid. See Barnet's press release from today for example:
    Coronavirus: Barnet put non-playing staff on notice of redundancy
    This is something your average Sunderland etc fan just wouldn't understand and I can't blame you for it - you have 30,000 watching you every week and the chances of your club going out of existence are nil. Netflix wouldn't allow it for a start(!) The fault doesn't even lie with the clubs growing fat off Premier League TV money, they shouldn't be expected to cover the EFL clubs' loses. It's with the FA for allowing the massive gap in wealth to develop and not regulating clubs spending beyond their means in order to buy promotions, leaving many in a perilous position should something like this happen (or in Bury's case, their owner's company go bust). So you need not worry, you won't be footing the bill for any of us, same as we won't foot it for any teams below us - we can't afford to for a start. In short, expect a fair few clubs going under, unless the EFL do something drastic and/or the season finishes.

5. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  6. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    Thanks to the EFL for paying our latest tax bill. This is no real help though, it's just releasing things like the golden share early, what happens come May when that money should have come through and doesn't, we're just back to square one. I like this EFL futures pot though, giving money to teams playing youth academy graduates, so that'll be Southend having about 90% of that money then!

Nice to see Ron come out and call for this season to be cancelled and declared null and void, nothing like a nice bit of self interest hey Ron.

Super_horns likes this.
  7. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
  8. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Zero points return away to Bolton & at home to The Gas

Sack The Board !

FERGIE OUT !!!

F*ck sake , hope we get back to some sort of normality before 2021 :hopefully

Gassy likes this.
  9. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    1 was Raggett , got nowhere near Toney thank f*CK last game of regular season.

Our Chairman spent £6k ( £150 a piece ) on private testing kits for players which has had a very mixed response from fans including myself a negative one , there maybe more vulnerable people other than younger athletic sports people who need these testing kits other than 3 multi millionaires who run football clubs if they actually run out who need them far more.

Much as I love DMac for his openess in everything Posh , he's a selfish dickhead a lot of the time , then again , most wealthy c*nts are .

10. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Whereas we're unbeaten against Ipswich & Peterborough now - things are finally looking up again

After beating Sunderland 2-0, we haven't conceded a goal since 7th March!

11. Reginald Fodstain

Reginald Fodstain Not Scouse

Supports:
    Tranmere Rovers
    No points a piece in our relegation 6 pointer with Wimbledon. They'll be the happier side of the two, but satisfied with the clean sheet.

12. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Just tuning into Fifa Quaranteam!

Rovers Vs Southend.

Southend's player apparently a professional gamer, could get messy

NotsoPosh likes this.
  13. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    We've been voting for re runs of classic Posh games on our you tube channel , the 3-0 play off final win v Huddersfield was popular , next up was a 3-2 win v Cardiff after being 2 down , next up the 7-1 demolition of Ipswich , heady days :thumb

14. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  15. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    At least Scott Kashket's ban for betting on games finished today, just a shame there's no games for him to play in for a few more months at least.

16. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    EFL looking to void this season as they need to start selling tickets for next ?

Who knows when that will be !

Twitter

17. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    Yesterdays decision by the FA regarding steps 3-6 of non-league was massive for everyone. There was a statement on Essex Senior League when steps 5-6 first cancelled their season stating it's the FA who make the decision about ending seasons, not the leagues themselves and the only two options in the rule book are expunging results or deciding the season on PPG.

The FA decision to expunge the results of those divisions has now left them with the only option of expunging the results of all divisions. The National League have already decided they want to cancel their season and it won't be long before the EFL follow. The FA can hardly apply PPG to those divisions when divisions directly affected have been expunged. (National North/South to step 4)

If they do, do PPG btw they'll be no playoffs, 3rd place would be promoted. This is the League One table as PPG:

1. Coventry 1.97
    2. Rotherham 1.77
    3. Wycombe 1.74
    4. Oxford 1.71
    5. Portsmouth 1.71
    6. Fleetwood 1.71
    7. Peterborough 1.69
    8. Sunderland 1.64

18. Milton Keynes 1.06
    19. Rochdale 1.06
    20. Wimbledon 1.00
    21. Tranmere 0.94
    22. Bolton 0.76
    23. Southend 0.54

Promoted to League One would be Swindon, Crewe, Plymouth and Cheltenham.

18. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Can you see Karl Robinson accepting that !!

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Who cares i'll accept it even though we'd get battered every week in The Championship but we'd earn a fair bit of money keeping our club going.

Super_horns likes this.
  20. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    I know but just think of the fuss that will be created - particularly by him!