1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

League 1 Members General Chat

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by PhilJack, Mar 18, 2007.

1. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Some of the players gave up, namely Wyke. Honestly hope Wyke never plays for us again. Pitiful. I think we would actually be better off not playing any centre forward and playing Maguire or Gooch as a false 9.

2. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    As a Posh fan we are used to contracting a disease called S.A.D it's a little bit like Sunlight Affected Disorder but our is called Sh*t After December , however this disease has arrived earlier this year & is now called S.I.N yep Sh*t In November , trust Fergie to win October Manager of the Month the curse continues as does player lethargy .

Lots of ifollow problems yet again today , I feel for the people who pay for this service seems to be problems every week , I'll stick to highlights on Quest , the 3 multi million co owners & player sales can pay for the cash shortfall.

Well done Pompey & Fleetwood , 2 good convincing wins .

3. Connor.

Connor. Up Town Ryan Brunt

Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle
    Oh my god I cannot put into words how terrible, shocking, shambolic today was.

To distract from how we were absolutely thumped: I assume we’ve gone into the English football history books for the quickest use of 5 substitutes in a competitive game. All 5 used by the start of the second half. (All tactical! One player was hooked after ten minutes :laugh: :no:)

4. SJ Mackem

SJ Mackem Red and White Army!

Supports:
    SAFC
    Aye not a decent striker at the club unfortunately Wyke, Grigg and Graham are a waste of space.

I think we'd actually be a very decent team with a good striker who can put the ball in the back of the net Kevin Phillips style.

SAFC7777 likes this.
  5. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Doubt any half decent striker will play for the club again in my lifetime.

6. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    Yet another late goal conceded costing points. We just can’t hold on to whatever we’ve got at the moment. I didn’t watch but I heard the performance was decent and Ipswich were poor and we couldn’t even beat them.

Still Ricketts out for me, 1 win in 12 in the league absolutely unacceptable. Too defensive and weird subs with Tracey coming off, not making the sub when we were down to 10 men as Norburn was injured when Ipswich scored their first. Poor management.

7. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers

WTF :laugh:

Adz and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  8. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    They were saying on our local radio commentary that Paul Hurst was the favourite for the job if you did get rid of Ricketts. How would you feel about that?

9. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    It really would divide the fan base if he was to come back, it’s been talked about before whether we would accept him back, season tickets would be sent back in the post and people wouldn’t attend games whilst he’s in charge. However he did give us our best season in most of our fans lifetime and some would like him back. I’m a bit on the fence to be honest, I’m annoyed with how he left with being tapped up and know what he can do, but he did fail badly in his last two jobs. I wouldn’t want him back but I wouldn’t be making any large protests if he did become our manager again. He’d be a better option than Ricketts but I think Danny Cowley would be our man if we do get rid of Ricketts.

10. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Blimey, that is some going. If you’ve got it that wrong to start with.....

11. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    I know that feeling. The last time we had a striker score 20 goals in the league was Peter Thorne in the 99/2000 season when I was 16. A bloody long time ago now :laugh:.

We've actually had a good 20 years overall since then in total with a decade in the Premier League, an FA Cup final and European run included in that. But one thing we just never seem to be able to get right is with goalscorers, even double figures has been a rarity in recent years never mind getting anywhere near to 20 goals. Sometimes a lack of goals can somehow seem to get ingrained into the culture of a club and it seems to have happened to us over the years and it definitely seems to have happened to Sunderland.

12. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    I honestly didn't think we could get worse than we were with Garner, and then we played you lot and f*ck me that was honestly one of, it not the worst performances I've ever seen.

Obviously Tisdale has only had 1 training session, but honestly that was beyond appalling. No offence to yourselves either, but you're dreadful as well. Any midtable team would have beaten you 4-0 today and us 7-0, it was frankly embarrassing.

I really don't understand whats going on, we have a great squad at this level and should be battling the play offs. The squad is incredibly unbalanced though.

But seriously, we're losing 1-0 and haven't had a shot on target all game and in the 88th minute we bring on a LB and CB. Not a good start.

13. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    Yeah it was a bad game from two out of form sides that simply didn't want to concede. That was our first clean sheet in the league and we sacrificed a lot of what we're good at to achieve it but to be honest, I'll take it. Until we get Conroy, Jaiyesimi, Lyden, Tyler Smith and several others back we're going to be limping our way through the season.

Like you said, unfair to judge Tisdale yet but it wouldn't have filled me with confidence either.

I think we probably just about deserved the 3 points as once we brought Stevens and Grant on we became slightly more threatening, it was pretty much a case of get to late on level and try and nick it, classic bottom of the table stuff.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

14. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Yep, if you have to get back to basics then that's simply what you have to do. It wasn't pretty, but you can only beat whats in front of you. No complaints from me, you totally deserved the win on the 90 minutes - our performance in no way deserved anything. Mind you, your goalie pulled off a cracking save and can't believe we hit the post in what seemed an open goal.

Still, taking a point wouldn't have been deserved IMO.

Fingers crossed our next encounter can be with some fans though, I always the hostility in our games, but today felt especially like a friendly.

15. Miles Long

Miles Long Indian Dan in old money

Supports:
    Swindon
    That was a satisfying result, not because we played well - we didn’t - and not because Rovers were the worst side I’ve seen this season - they were, but because the result really mattered. We’ve been riddled with defensive howlers all season so something had to be done to scrape a 1-0 win.

Not easy on the eye but with over half a 1st XI still missing it just about keeps us above the dreaded dotted line.

Be tough Tuesday v Lincoln and then on the stains on Saturday where another battling performance would go down a treat. Hopefully, we may have 1 or 2 back for that.

16. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Just watching back our game yesterday, Sunderland fans criticise Wyke but he was the reason we were so bad. He marked and hounded Whiteman out of the game. Whiteman's only passes we're back and sideways as he wasn't given time to turn or move.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  17. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Yeah I found that a bit odd. I know he was brought in to get goals but he performed his role perfectly yesterday of dropping deep and nullifying Whiteman

DonnyOsmond likes this.
  18. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Were you boys really that poor yesterday? I can’t bring myself to pay £10 a game to watch a shitty iFollow stream and I literally haven’t paid any real attention to any of our games this season, so can’t say from a personal standpoint on how well we performed.

Despite not watching, I was devastated with the last minute equaliser. Parkinson is a damn disgrace & we just can’t seem to put games to bed.

19. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Yeah that first 45 minutes we were particularly dreadful, really really bad

20. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    They were really bad. Excellent at making tidy passes in their own half of the pitch but lacked any kind of urgency, in the latter stages of the first half they sat back off us. Even around the 80 minute mark they would spend 20 seconds passing amongst the back 5, not direct at all.