1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

League 1 Members General Chat

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by PhilJack, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    And throw away the key.

2. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    We were awful today but a massive win nonetheless.

3. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Goals have dried up a bit for us, you can have all the possession in the world but if there’s no end product then you’ll lose games like we did today.

I still think we’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season but we desperately need to grow a pair. Nice easy game on Tuesday to bounce back, Rotherham. Yikes.

SAFC7777 likes this.
  4. Adz

Adz Pizza Champions 2021.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    I’ll be honest, I thought you were definitely the most threatening side out of the both of us and probably deserved the 3 points more than we did if anything. Big double save from Hoffmann in the first half sorted us out though.

You look a good side but just lacked that final ball. You have some genuine quality throughout the side and I’m sure it’ll click in the second half of the season. I was very disappointed in Celina mind. I thought he was the signing of the summer for this level of football but he looked poor today. Don’t know if he just had an off day?

5. millers

millers Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    This Millers squad is really rather good. We were given a stern test by a Cambridge side that had us on the rack for 20 second half minutes but our team spirit & will to win without Rathbone & Smith two of our star performers is very encouraging going forward.

Millerbri likes this.
  6. Millerbri

Millerbri Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    Six of us watched this on Ifollow in Spain and beiieve it or not because of the constant buffering missed all 4 goals.
    The score kept changing on the top right hand corner followed by a belated cheer or groan.

Nice words from Bonner, such a change for an opposition's manager to give us some credit.

From what I could decipher Cambridge looked a more than decent side and should be quite comfortable this season.

7. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Celina has had some good moments but I’ve also been a bit underwhelmed so far. He had a nasty Covid incident over the summer which led to a heart condition and missed a lot of training, couldn’t play at all for a while I think. So he’s definitely been a bit undercooked, maybe it’s still affecting him, who knows. We’ve definitely looked better with Chaplin at 10 though, just brings more energy and threat. Celina still has the quality to pop up with the odd goal or vital moment and has a role to play. I’d try him on the left personally, he played there for us under Mick and can do the job. Edwards has that spot currently and is a bag of tricks, works hard defensively for the side and frightens defenders but lacks the final cross or pass sometimes. I’d give Pigott a few games up top to see what he can do as well.

8. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Yeah, I thought Edwards looked good but Aluko on the other side was dreadful IMO. Done absolutely nothing, and his shot inside the box which almost ended up on the roof of the south stand… :laugh:

9. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    We’ve got Burns to play on the right, unfortunately he has injuries that need to be managed but he’s first choice when available. Aluko has done well so far so a bit of an off day for him yesterday. He’s a great player to come off the bench against tired legs.

10. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Some big games tonight. We’re away to Shrewsbury who have been a bit of a bogey side for us in this division.

I’m hoping we can build on the win against Ipswich on Saturday and turn in another 3pts to keep pace with the teams at the top.

Ipswich vs. Rotherham is an interesting fixture tonight. Draw would be nice :D

11. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Plymouth v Wycombe game is massive as well i'd be happy with a point,hopefully Garath McCleary will start after coming on as a sub against Bolton that seemed to give the team a big lift,he has to be one one of the best players in this division, our shit run started as soon he was injured with a dislocated shoulder as if he's not scoring he sets up other players to score.

12. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  13. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Looking at the table, parachute payments are even dominating in this league these days, two relegated sides 1st and 2nd and the other in the playoffs as well.

14. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Do they have PP for League One ?

You’d expect Sunderland and Ipswich to be doing better.’

Rotherham are a classic yo yo team !!

15. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I think there is payments and it seems they are all getting a good whack as yo-yo clubs are becoming quite prominent in this league as well, it even looks like Wycombe have a chance of coming one ffs

Think some Ipswich fans want Cook out now I advocated giving him time but it's getting harder to defend him now I admit

#23975 RedDogChris, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  16. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Think it's only about £500K they get as a parachute payment.

17. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    At this sort of level though it still makes alot of difference

18. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    Well that looked a very unlikely point 1-0 down and down to 10 men at half time. Great game tonight, eclipsed the Cambridge 4-1 win for effort. It would’ve been difficult to tell who had the 10 men although Sunderland did have a lot of possession last 10-15 though you’d expect that even against 11 men. So many players playing out of position too, 4th choice striker had a great game at right back…

Today just highlights how far Sunderland have fallen, struggling to get promoted from League One slugging it out with the likes of Shrewsbury.

19. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    I don’t think money is the issue for us this year, we’ve spent lots, have good players and have decent gates but you can’t just magic up a team. As I expected Rotherham were just too good for us, first to everything, stronger and quicker, it was a comfortable win. How much of that is down to Cook, I don’t know. What I do know is that we are constantly out-fought and out-muscled by teams in this league and we need to learn to deal with it. He has no plan B, we do what we do and it’s great if it comes off but it’s not happening often enough. We don’t adapt to the game at all. Technically, football-wise, we are a good side. But if you don’t win the fight and win the ball then it’s pointless. Men against boys tonight, as it was the last time they came to us.

Have to say I’m having doubts after the last few games, some of the selections and performances have seen us going backwards. We’ve had a tough run of games but there’s no doubt we’ve come up short. I like Cook and want him to succeed but it’s just not happening at the moment.

20. Adz

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    By all accounts, you played well. I was working late tonight so didn’t see the game.

I wish we would get out of this f*cking league though. We’re f*cked.

SalopTillIDie likes this.