1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League 1 Members General Chat

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by PhilJack, Mar 18, 2007.

1. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    The Cumdog looks like a right firecracker, scores after 6 mins of coming on and had plenty of shots including a overhead kick, exciting to watch.

2. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Bump :laugh: Disappointing to not have Paul Smyth, Fred Onyedinma and Rolando Aarans fit for today and another striker Alex Samuel had to be substituted in the first half with an injury :smackhead Oh well we're 3rd so not too bad. :banana:

3. HPC2

HPC2 29 years and counting

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Lincoln lose again, third in a row and one win in six.

4. Pedro Gills

Pedro Gills Registered User

Supports:
    Gillingham
    Scrappy game but I thought we just about deserved it. Good to see Akinfenwa back at Priestfield, last time he was with us he was never expected to last a full 90mins but that's clearly not the case.

5. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    How is our young lad doing? - probably a chance for you to sign him if deemed worthy of it.

Also saw Lee Hodson plays for you - decent steady full back for us in our skint Championship days.

POSH do like goals don't they - certainly not boring too often!

6. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    He only stayed on today as we had no strikers left otherwise he wouldn't have lasted an hour mate, i prefer our younger strikers starting especially the loanees who were missing today and bring him on with about 15 minutes to go if needed, he's 37 now and can't keep playing 90 minutes and even Ainsworth knows it.

7. Pedro Gills

Supports:
    Gillingham
    You mean Jakubiak? He doing well with 4 goals so far. He didn't play today as he's been unwell so he was an unused sub. But generally he been a first choice striker. Good feet and an eye for goal. Lee Hodson hasn't featured lately. Our regular right back Barry Fuller was filling in at Left Back the start of the season. But once we signed a natural left back Barry reverted to right back and demoted Lee Hodson to the bench. Hodson is a decent enough player but Fuller was Player of the season last year and he's going well this year, so Hodson might have to be patient.

Super_horns likes this.
  8. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Good to hear - was pretty talented but as seems to be the case with clubs like ours never really going to get a chance.

Hodson is still pretty young I think - maybe a bit slow and small at times but I remember he got forward well.

Barry Fuller has been around for years! Think he was at Stevenage?

9. Pedro Gills

Supports:
    Gillingham
    We never saw him play more than 60 mins during is last spell with us. I know his touch is still great but surely time is catching up with him now? We thought he was finished when he left us. If you're short of Strikers how come Josh Parker is still being left out? Has he even played for you yet? I know he's not great but he's a worker.

10. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    He hasn't started a League game so far but has played in 2 behind closed doors friendlies scoring a penalty against Brentford B who we beat 2-1, i think he'll be a last resort if another striker gets injured :laugh:

11. Pedro Gills

Supports:
    Gillingham
    I can see Jakubiak getting plenty of goals for us this season, he gone on record stating his frustration with being so far down the list at Watford.

Super_horns likes this.
  12. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    We were poor today but still could have won the game deep into injury time. Norwood had a great chance but hit is straight at the 'keeper.

Doncaster looked good, probably the best away side at Portman Road this season but a point is probably the right result.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  13. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers

Disappointed we weren't ahead at half time. :(

Glad we're still unbeaten though.

14. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    The best side we’ve seen this year by a mile (and it wasn’t us). If Donny had anything meaningful up front they would have won the game. Glad we got a point in the end.

15. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Cracking win today which I missed due to prior appointment though only 5.773 turned up , last year the new co owners gave away 20k of free tickets to Under 12's to enhance Future Fans for years to come clearly hasn't worked .

Looking forward to Donny away next Saturday , always one of the best away days of the season & against a good footballing team so it has 0-0 written all over it , a little case of Tranmere away first , went in the 80's & we were 1 up after about 70 mins & there was a floodlight failure & match abandoned , we lost the re arranged match 7-0 which thankfully I didn't attend .

I hope dale4ever doesn't give me negative points in the score tipping game after today's result :laugh:

16. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Always knew you were capable of scoring goals, but this strange phenomenon of a few Peterborough clean sheets seems to be continuing!! Chuffed I missed you off my BTTS acca today :laugh:

17. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    I was at Gillingham v Wycombe. 1st half was just two teams hoofing it into the channels, both teams looked threatening from set pieces though.
    Was a bit of a culture shock for someone who has spent the early part of the season watching a very slow tikka takka!

2nd half Gills fully deserved the win, all changed when Hanlan came on, superb burst down the left and good cross then a wonderful finish. I knew Mandron was at Gillingham but seriously he's starting League One games?!?
    Penalty looked incredibly dubious but Gillingham deserved the win regardless.

As for Southend, a point!!! EIEIEIO.

18. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    The first Peterborough goal I nearly wet myself laughing. The third and fourth goals were schoolboy defending and another goof by the goalkeeper.

#18998 SalopTillIDie, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  19. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    You missed out September's player of the months delightful lob.
    Think we only had 34% possession throughout the game & Pym our GK didn't have much to do , am more impressed by the 5 clean sheets in a row in all competitions but less impressed that I was sat in the out of hours GP Hub while all this was going on , strange day all round , even the Cumdog ( Alice Band n all ) scored & he'll probably score against us when we face you lot , that's if he's not split the dressing room by then .

20. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Tranmere & Mansfield let me down on BTTS & none of Wolves , Gillingham or Crawley drew , could be a conspiracy going on , b*stards :laugh: